• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just have to laugh at how shitty the Royals organization is, every single player they have drafted has busted, there are pitches in the National league with more homers than most of their players, they are a disgrace. I can't wait til my Cards roll into Kauffman and fill that stadium up with a sea of red and kick those fucking bums asses.

And to cap it off they passed on George Springer to draft a guy named Bubba Starling who can't even get out of Low A ball. Nuke that entire team, I'm sick of looking at that black mark on the MLB.

lol so how do you REALLY feel about the Royals?

As an Astros fan, THANK YOU, KC, for passing on George Springer.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
lol so how do you REALLY feel about the Royals?

As an Astros fan, THANK YOU, KC, for passing on George Springer.

Dude, they've been the worst organization in baseball for the last 30 years, there is not a franchise in all of sports that's as pathetic as them, I don't care how bad the Astros or Cubs are, they've been to the postseason this past decade. There's no reason to have that team in a professional sport.

Dude, they've been the worst organization in baseball for the last 30 years, there is not a franchise in all of sports that's as pathetic as them, I don't care how bad the Astros or Cubs are, they've been to the postseason this past decade. There's no reason to have that team in a professional sport.

What about the Brewers?

Though admittedly the sixth inning sausage race is fun.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
As of 5:42ET today, the Astros have as many wins as the Red Sox. Yeah, not a great start for the BoSox.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
As of 5:42ET today, the Astros have as many wins as the Red Sox. Yeah, not a great start for the BoSox.

The Astros, the butt of these types of jokes for the last 5 years, are on the way back. They have a solid starting pitching foundation with a potential ace in Dallas Kuechel and some really good young position players like George Springer and Matt Dominguez along with an all-star in Jose Altuve. They currently have a 4-game winning streak going on. They will be challenging the other AL West teams within a year or two (I'm guessing two).

Should make you feel a bit better, Feller (although probably not very much). :flaccid:

And that was 30 years ago, irrelevant to the modern era.

Ahh... the modern era...

If people had thought this way how would some other teams have fared in years past?

Indians: 41 years between 1954 and 1995
White Sox: 40 years without a post-season appearance (1919: infamous Black Sox Scandal to 1959 World Series loss), then nothing for another 24 years
Cubs: longest drought 39 years without a post-season appearance
Brewers: 26 years between 2nd and 3rd post-season appearance

Maybe you would prefer something along these lines:
Senators (original): 27 years and a move (with renaming) to Minnesota (where it would be 4 more years) without a post-season
Senators (second): 11 years without a post-season and move (with renaming) to Texas
Expos: 23 years without a post-season and move (with renaming) to Washington D.C.

If we went by World Series, things would even look bleaker for many teams.

Why I'm defending the Royals, is beyond me.
What I do know is this, no team is ever futile to it's fans, or to the kids in the area they play at. The Brewers may have been hopeless in the late 80s to early 2000s, and a far cry from the much missed Milwaukee Braves (who moved to Atlanta and had started out many years earlier in Boston). But, they were the first team I got to see live at the old County Stadium and I'm thankful for those opportunities back in the day of having a great time out with the Old Man, and who really cared back then if they won or lost as long as we got to see a good Major League game, and often one of the visiting teams we saw would end up winning the World Series (Oakland A's, Minnesota Twins, Toronto Blue Jays, Yankees).

So perhaps to you, the Royals are the epitome of futility. And maybe that's statistically so.
But, probably to some kid and his Dad the Royals are a great thing, it's their chance to be taken out to the ballgame with the crowd. Have a good time and enjoy themselves. Maybe they won't be able to root for their team in the post-season or in the World Series for a long time (or ever as to this day there are 2 teams who have never even played in the World Series), but at least they got to see a game live in the stadium and mayhaps against that years Champions.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Ahh... the modern era...

If people had thought this way how would some other teams have fared in years past?

Indians: 41 years between 1954 and 1995
White Sox: 40 years without a post-season appearance (1919: infamous Black Sox Scandal to 1959 World Series loss), then nothing for another 24 years
Cubs: longest drought 39 years without a post-season appearance
Brewers: 26 years between 2nd and 3rd post-season appearance

Maybe you would prefer something along these lines:
Senators (original): 27 years and a move (with renaming) to Minnesota (where it would be 4 more years) without a post-season
Senators (second): 11 years without a post-season and move (with renaming) to Texas
Expos: 23 years without a post-season and move (with renaming) to Washington D.C.

If we went by World Series, things would even look bleaker for many teams.

Why I'm defending the Royals, is beyond me.
What I do know is this, no team is ever futile to it's fans, or to the kids in the area they play at. The Brewers may have been hopeless in the late 80s to early 2000s, and a far cry from the much missed Milwaukee Braves (who moved to Atlanta and had started out many years earlier in Boston). But, they were the first team I got to see live at the old County Stadium and I'm thankful for those opportunities back in the day of having a great time out with the Old Man, and who really cared back then if they won or lost as long as we got to see a good Major League game, and often one of the visiting teams we saw would end up winning the World Series (Oakland A's, Minnesota Twins, Toronto Blue Jays, Yankees).

So perhaps to you, the Royals are the epitome of futility. And maybe that's statistically so.
But, probably to some kid and his Dad the Royals are a great thing, it's their chance to be taken out to the ballgame with the crowd. Have a good time and enjoy themselves. Maybe they won't be able to root for their team in the post-season or in the World Series for a long time (or ever as to this day there are 2 teams who have never even played in the World Series), but at least they got to see a game live in the stadium and mayhaps against that years Champions.

lol Actually the Royals are pretty futile to the fans, I've read articles in the paper talking about how none of the players or team get involved in the community.

yeah the Royals do seem particularly sad. that's what happens when the owner spends no money on the team, look it took the Pirates changing owners before they became better maybe it's time for a complete overhaul in KC

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Lots of the blame for the Royals and Brewers shitty teams are blamed on being small market cities. Not true. Cincinnati and St. Louis are much smaller markets. They spend more money, play post seasons and draw more fans. Atlanta is a smaller market and look at their playoff history. The Twins have been able to get to the post season without spending money.

I agree with Bob, being in a smaller market city doesn't mean that teams have to be bad. Though somewhat OT, and not Baseball, haven't the Green Bay Packers (Football) taught people anything? Small market city (some might even call it a large town), yet here they are with the 4th highest number of SuperBowl victories (tied with the NY Giants).

Large market city teams have had rough patches, and have been moved elsewhere all the same.

Baseball for me isn't something one can just simply watch on TV, it's something you go to the Stadium to, with your Old Man or your own Junior (or these days even your Mom or Daughter - we're progressive folks). You go to the Ballpark to have a great time, sing-a-long proudly during the middle of the seventh (and if you're in Milwaukee, the Sausage Race at the bottom of the sixth. Forza Guido!!! Go Italian!!!)

I'm not really informed on what goes on in Kansas City, but even if the players don't do anything in the community. I would still think that the youngsters who go to the Stadium with their families will get to see a pretty decent game - even if only from the Visiting Team. Middle-America has a right to be able to catch a professional ballgame live within reasonable distance, after all isn't Baseball America's pasttime?

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Don't agree with it, they need to be gone. And middle America does have the right to catch a game, in St. Louis, lol.

bobjustbob

The Twins in their small market still draw fans to the park. How do they do it? They do EVERYTHING to fill seats. Every game is a promotion. Concerts, fireworks, Military night, Jewish Night, bobble heads, tee-shirts, free dog and soda with a ticket. Every game they do something to draw extra into the stadium. Give the fucking tickets away, they will all be parking and buying something. Their seats pay for the extra payroll spent on talent. No big TV network either.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
I'm just tired of them ruining potential future All-Stars, if I were drafted by the Royals I would refuse to sign.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Atlanta is a smaller market and look at their playoff history. The Twins have been able to get to the post season without spending money.

And they do it without drawing any fans! If a team can be successful in Atlanta, it can be successful anywhere. Worst sports town in America.

bobjustbob

Mets swinging into Chicago tonight. 7 games in a row scoring 4 or more runs. Never done that this season. That's 7 days after firing their batting coach. I want revenge for the Cubs not kicking the Yankees' asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.