• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mariners now have an 8-game winning streak on opening day. It's a shame that doesn't translate to success the rest of the season though, because they still haven't made the playoffs in any of those years.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
31 k in 19 innings for the Mets so far. I know that pitching dominates early in the season but come on guys. But at least the Yankees haven't won yet either.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Yasiel Puig makes me hate the Dodgers. Why? A couple reasons:

1. He's stupid on the bases. Nothing irks me more than selfish base running. Especially when you're costing your team runs by trying to advance when you don't have a chance. This isn't youth baseball.

2. He won't practice the fundamentals.

If the veterans on your team are taking the drill seriously, you might want to do the same. Fundamentals are an integral part of the game of baseball. Nobody should be above going through a drill in practice. My 14 year-old players rarely (if ever) drop routine fly balls but we still practice fielding them and calling each other off. Communication is an essential part of playing the field at any level. And if it's not done correctly, people get hurt. Look at the Johnny Damon and Damian Jackson collision. Puig's joking matter in regards to the drill is an annoying sign of immaturity.

3. He's injury prone... or is he? And he has a bad attitude.

[nobabe]The kid[/nobabe] has too much fucking talent to be acting the way that he is. Puig reminds me a lot of Carlos Zambranao. And I think he's going to get into the same situation that Zambrano was in. When you're productive, people will put up with your bullshit. They'll forgive some of what you do as long as you're helping the team. But when you're not producing, your schtick is going to get old really quickly. If you become too much of a detriment to the team, then it's time to cut you loose. It'll be interesting to see how Puig (and the extra 26 pounds that he packed on) does during this season and how long Mattingly puts up with his attitude.

Dodger fielding?? :rofl2: What a joke!! :)

... Today April 4, 2014 at Dodger Stadium...

Chris Haft, MLB.com writes ....

"Nine consecutive batters reached base with two outs in the first inning as San Francisco scored six runs, with Michael Morse and Ryan Vogelsong each contributing two-run singles. It was the Giants' highest-scoring first inning among the 448 games they have played at Dodger Stadium.

The Giants (4-1) continued to do their best work with two outs. They have scored 25 of their 31 runs under those conditions.

A little luck helped the Giants. Brandon Hicks hit a first-inning popup that landed barely beyond the infield for a double as first baseman Adrian Gonzalez and second baseman Dee Gordon lost track of the ball amid the smoggy, sunny sky. Two batters later, Vogelsong, who received no plate appearances in Spring Training, blooped his hit to left-center field.

Asked about his "two-run knock," Vogelsong said, "I really couldn't call it a knock. It was more like a sand wedge. But you take them any way you can get them."

One inning later, shortstop Hanley Ramirez's throwing error on Buster Posey's leadoff grounder generated a pair of unearned runs for the Giants. Two-out hits by Hicks, a double, and Joaquin Arias, a single, accounted for the scoring.

"We got some breaks. We know it," Bochy said."

Giants 8, Dodgers 4. A win. :)

Dodger fielding?? :rofl2: What a joke!! :)

... Today April 4, 2014 at Dodger Stadium...

Chris Haft, MLB.com writes ....

"Nine consecutive batters reached base with two outs in the first inning as San Francisco scored six runs, with Michael Morse and Ryan Vogelsong each contributing two-run singles. It was the Giants' highest-scoring first inning among the 448 games they have played at Dodger Stadium.

The Giants (4-1) continued to do their best work with two outs. They have scored 25 of their 31 runs under those conditions.

A little luck helped the Giants. Brandon Hicks hit a first-inning popup that landed barely beyond the infield for a double as first baseman Adrian Gonzalez and second baseman Dee Gordon lost track of the ball amid the smoggy, sunny sky. Two batters later, Vogelsong, who received no plate appearances in Spring Training, blooped his hit to left-center field.

Asked about his "two-run knock," Vogelsong said, "I really couldn't call it a knock. It was more like a sand wedge. But you take them any way you can get them."

One inning later, shortstop Hanley Ramirez's throwing error on Buster Posey's leadoff grounder generated a pair of unearned runs for the Giants. Two-out hits by Hicks, a double, and Joaquin Arias, a single, accounted for the scoring.

"We got some breaks. We know it," Bochy said."

Giants 8, Dodgers 4. A win. :)

It's a scientific fact that the giants eat ass!!! Go Dodgers!!!

The Royals have team due to Revenue sharing and keeping their costs down just Like the Rays,A's,Indians and Pirates do
if you thought the Mets k's where bad did you see the most recent Marlins and Braves series? 71 k's in 3 games setting a record for a 3 game series

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Man, I have never seen Adam Wainwright so on his game to start the season. In 6 starts this season so far, he's 5-1, has a 1.20 ERA and has given up a total of 24 hits over 45 innings. He hasn't allowed a run in his last 25 innings pitched. His WHIP is 0.78 and he has 42 strikeouts against only 11 walks. Opposing teams are batting .157 against him. I sure hope he can keep this up. The way the Cardinals aren't hitting, we need all the pitching we can muster.

Big series starts tonight against the Brewers. Wacha vs. Gallardo....should be quite a duel.

KayleeRayne

Official Checked Star Member
We all know who is taking the East this year :) When you have Danny and Dave its easy to be a fan <3

Attachments

• BlEkfqsCMAAWeBp.jpg
    BlEkfqsCMAAWeBp.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 102

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Despite that picture, I still can't root for the Mets,even though they are beginning to more resemble the loveable losers of the 70s and early 80s than the arrogant cokeheads of the 80s.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
The Cardinal offense right now is totally impotent. Last year, our RISP avg. was like .350 but this year it's below the Mendoza line. They don't hit home runs to any large degree so the result is an average of 2 or 3 runs per game. You're not winning many games at that rate no matter how good your starting pitching is. Might be time to bring Oscar Taveras up, plug him into centerfield and take your chances. We've got to find more offense and he has the talent that just might get us going.

The Cardinal offense right now is totally impotent. Last year, our RISP avg. was like .350 but this year it's below the Mendoza line. They don't hit home runs to any large degree so the result is an average of 2 or 3 runs per game. You're not winning many games at that rate no matter how good your starting pitching is. Might be time to bring Oscar Taveras up, plug him into centerfield and take your chances. We've got to find more offense and he has the talent that just might get us going.

Your team is loaded with proven hitters it's just a matter of when. I predict a Dodgers vrs Cardinals NLCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.