• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I'd like to see the Cardinals deal Allen Craig to the Rangers in exchange for Adrian Beltre. That way, the Rangers dump a big salary in an aging slugger and it makes room for Mike Olt to take over at 3rd base while acquiring a versatile career .300 hitter who can play corner OF or 1B. Cardinals benefit mightily with a power jolt at the hot corner and allows them to move Matt Carpenter back to 2nd and lets top-prospect Oscar Tavares take over permanently in RF. Win/win for both clubs.

I'll take Allen Craig as my Met 1 baseman 2 for 1. Who do you want? I've got pitchers and outfielders. You pick one and I'll pick the other.

funny but Mike Olt is playing for the cubs and hitting .150 or so
David Price is available but noone wants to give the rays 3-5 players yet if he moves it will be closer to july 31st
i hope the Phillies dump every single veteran that brings them back any help the team needs to be blown up

well the A's pulled of the big shock getting Jeff Samardzja and Jason Hammel from the Cubs for SP Dan Straily, SS Addison Russell, OF Bill Mckinney and a player to be named

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
funny but Mike Olt is playing for the cubs and hitting .150 or so
David Price is available but noone wants to give the rays 3-5 players yet if he moves it will be closer to july 31st
i hope the Phillies dump every single veteran that brings them back any help the team needs to be blown up

Goddamn.... :facepalm: My bad....was actually hoping that the Rangers' brass hadn't noticed it and would make the deal anyway. The way it looks, they aren't moving him so I guess I can play any little fantasy I want, huh? :dunno: ;) :1orglaugh

well the A's pulled of the big shock getting Jeff Samardzja and Jason Hammel from the Cubs for SP Dan Straily, SS Addison Russell, OF Bill Mckinney and a player to be named

Billy pulled off a great trade. He got the 2 best pitchers on the market in 1 trade keeping them away from the other teams looking.

funny thing is that the A's where also close to getting David Price, so they where about to make a big move soon
well now that the Cubs have all that hitting it's time for them to acquire some pitching so i expect them to remain active

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Getting swept by the Tigers scared them into the Szmardiijda trade which will help but I'm afraid they're destined for a one and done playoff exit. The A's just don't have a championship line up which is the main reason they can never advance in the postseason. Donaldson and Moss play over their head during the regular season but I guarantee they disappear when it matters most. The big/classic markets will always win the whole enchilada. The Twins are another good example of this. You can argue the Rays made it to the series in '08 but they still lost the World Series to Philly (a big market)

Jagger69

Trevor Rosenthal can get fucked.

Why? Is he supposed to be a fucking machine? That's sure the way Matheny (over)uses him!! Give the poor kid a day off once in a while, huh Mike??

Choate easily got the first out and then Matheny has to go with the old "righty vs. lefty" theory automatically....need to use a bit of judgment sometimes!!! Damn....!!!

Besides....didn't Molina drop the ball that would have been the third out? Not dissing Yadi.....just sayin'....

bobjustbob

Getting swept by the Tigers scared them into the Szmardiijda trade which will help but I'm afraid they're destined for a one and done playoff exit. The A's just don't have a championship line up which is the main reason they can never advance in the postseason. Donaldson and Moss play over their head during the regular season but I guarantee they disappear when it matters most. The big/classic markets will always win the whole enchilada. The Twins are another good example of this. You can argue the Rays made it to the series in '08 but they still lost the World Series to Philly (a big market)

Many small budget clubs have been there and a few have won it. Also consider that we haven't seen the Dodgers in the series since 1988. They always spend money. Many top spending teams go bust and never are in contention. That's baseball. 162 games.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Why? Is he supposed to be a fucking machine? That's sure the way Matheny (over)uses him!! Give the poor kid a day off once in a while, huh Mike??

Choate easily got the first out and then Matheny has to go with the old "righty vs. lefty" theory automatically....need to use a bit of judgment sometimes!!! Damn....!!!

Besides....didn't Molina drop the ball that would have been the third out? Not dissing Yadi.....just sayin'....

Sorry can't defend him, he's been awful it's not just one game. That's crazy jagger how can you support his recent performances? Neshek needs to take over. Now you're coming around on Matheny, I dissed him a couple weeks back and I was an asshole. No disrespect but make up your mind.

"Is he supposed to be a fucking machine?"

This quote made my blood boil just now.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Many small budget clubs have been there and a few have won it. Also consider that we haven't seen the Dodgers in the series since 1988. They always spend money. Many top spending teams go bust and never are in contention. That's baseball. 162 games.

True but one of them always walks away with it despite who's down.

Jagger69

Sorry can't defend him, he's been awful it's not just one game. That's crazy jagger how can you support his recent performances? Neshek needs to take over. Now you're coming around on Matheny, I dissed him a couple weeks back and I was an asshole. No disrespect but make up your mind.

Show me the quote where I called you an "asshole", Tony. If you can I apologize profusely but, if you can't, then please don't accuse me of stuff I didn't do, OK?

I also apologize if you took offense to my criticism of you a few posts back. I thought you were overreacting (do we really need to revisit that exchange?) but I can assure you that I am not a Matheny apologist....he makes plenty of mistakes....like overusing his closer when he doesn't have to as I just posted. You can point to Rosenthal's declining performances and show a direct correlation to the overuse I mention. I'm not "coming around" about anything....it's a work in progress so I will defend or criticize Matheny when warranted so there's no need for me to "make up my mind" about anything. Are you saying he never does anything right? That's just not the case. Does he make mistakes? You bet he does and I will call him out whenever I think he is wrong....like my last post.

"Is he supposed to be a fucking machine?"

This quote made my blood boil just now.

I think you completely misread my intention by using that phrase if it made your "blood boil". It was not directed at you....it was directed at Matheny. Rosenthal is being pitched to death and his performance is starting to suffer as a result. Hence my statement. I stand by it so if you took it personally I'm sorry but it was not intended in that context. I literally screamed at the TV yesterday when he pulled Choate and summoned Rosie to come in. Neshek should have closed that game but if you are contending that Rosenthal should be relegated to mop-up status and Neshek made the new closer....well, that just ain't right. You can't ask your closer to come in and throw 20-30 pitches every game and expect him to remain effective.

Emotions run high when a team underachieves like the Cardinals are doing. Once again, I apologize if you took my statements the wrong way because no personal offense was intended. However, I absolutely do stand by the statements I made nonetheless.

and this misuse of closers is why the reliever market is so volatile and guys like Marino are so rare anymore
i think all teams should have 2 closers and use them regularly

bobjustbob

OK I'll take Matt Harvey then. You name the other player we get.

I knew you'd ask for Harvey and I'll move him. We didn't get a full season out of him and don't really know how he will come back. Tommy John mostly come back well but nothing is 100%. I'll dump that $7M piece of shit Chris Young on you.

Jagger69

Deal! I'll call John Mozeliak if you'll let Sandy Alderson know that we have consummated this deal. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.