• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '12/'13 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
D-Will stays with Nets.

Howard on the way....book it!

The nets are ballin this offseason. Management doing a lot of big things, we have to wait and see if it translates into wins.

nash has got mad respect for the game.

hes not a title chaser.

My view of a ring chaser is a bit different from most others view. To me a ring chaser is a player who has no game left, cant contribute to his team any longer so he prolongues his career by signing with a contender even for a backup role, just to get a championship. Steve Nash (and Ray Allen for that matter) still has game and can help a team. Wherever he signs will be a team that will contend and will be a team he can bring major contributions to.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I'm not sure how I feel about the Raptors giving Fields an offer. It's only going to be worth it if they land Nash since the entire purpose is to fuck over the Knicks in getting him (without Fields, Knicks cannot make a sign-and-trade with the Suns for Nash, and the only way to make one is to pay more than the Raptors are overpaying). Fields is not good enough for the salary he was offered and if Nash signs somewhere else everytime Fields is on the floor he'll just remind us how BC fucked up big time.

Regarding Nash, I'm not even sure the Raptors are the front runners anymore. We can offer the most money, but Nash wants to win a ring. He's already said he knows the Raptors won't be winning the championship in three years and that he doesn't want to go to a team with the sole purpose of winning a ring (*cough*Miami*cough*). The team that makes me nervous is the Mavericks, because I know the chance to team up with Nowitzki again would be really appealing and joining them will be the best chance Nash will have to win without joining a team like the Heat. Unless the Knicks pull out some sort of miracle with Fields, I'd say it's between the Raptors and Mavs right now for Nash, but imagine the slap in the face it would be if the best Canadian player in history decides that even he doesn't want to play in Toronto.

PlasmaTwa2

Aaaaaaaaand the Knicks are pulling off a miracle. TSN says they're still talking to the Suns about doing a sign-and-trade for Nash, potentially with a third team in the mix.

I won't even be mad if they get Nash because they're doing exactly what I would do as a GM: sticking it to a team that tried to fuck me over. :tongue:

BAYAMONXXX

Land Of The Snakes
I'm not sure how I feel about the Raptors giving Fields an offer. It's only going to be worth it if they land Nash since the entire purpose is to fuck over the Knicks in getting him (without Fields, Knicks cannot make a sign-and-trade with the Suns for Nash, and the only way to make one is to pay more than the Raptors are overpaying). Fields is not good enough for the salary he was offered and if Nash signs somewhere else everytime Fields is on the floor he'll just remind us how BC fucked up big time.

Yuuup BC fucked up.

Nash never wanted to go to Toronto he wanted to be closer to home in Phoenix.

PlasmaTwa2

If Nash goes to the Lakers I just lost all respect for him. He was talking out of his ass when he said he wasn't going to pull a Lebron.

Yuuup BC fucked up.

Nash never wanted to go to Toronto he wanted to be closer to home in Phoenix.

It was a smart move in principle but it came with too much uncertainty. Now we're going to be stuck with a player who won't be worth the amount of money he will be making, even if he improves each year. They should just make a poison pill deal for Lin if they aren't done fucking the team over some more.

Last edited:
That kinda come out of nowhere. Beasley could go either way, but I felt fairly well at the end of last year he was one of the ones Adelman had had enough of because of his lackadaisical style. I don't think I'm going to miss him much.

I think Nash makes LA a legit title threat. Though, it should be interesting to see how Nash plays in Brown's slower paced offense. Maybe they speed things up a bit.

PlasmaTwa2

Looks like the Raptors are going to get Kyle Lowry from the Rockets as their consolation prize. Not bad, I suppose. The thing that has been ignored through the whole Nash sweepstakes is that the Raptors already have Calderon and Bayless. If they get a point guard, Calderon will probably be the one let go, which is a shame since he's been nothing but a class act in Toronto. Definitely one of my all time favourite Raptors.

Status
Not open for further replies.