• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

MLB Trivia

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Sandoval Giants 2012?

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I don't watch the Giants a lot but I don't recall ever seeing him hit from the right side. Does he? I guess he must if he's listed as such.

Interesting that the only other 2 players to hit 3 in a WS game both hit from the left side as well.

panther

Got here by spamming
I don't watch the Giants a lot but I don't recall ever seeing him hit from the right side. Does he? I guess he must if he's listed as such.

Interesting that the only other 2 players to hit 3 in a WS game both hit from the left side as well.

Who are the other 2? Jackson, Ruth, Mantle, Murray or Jones? You may be right, but I just curious who they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Who are the other 2? Jackson, Ruth, Mantle, Murray or Jones? You may be right, but I just curious who they are.

Jagger69

Ruth and Jackson are the only 2 of which I was aware before Bob made his Panda post. I didn't do a Google cheat before I answered so I honestly thought that they were the only ones and, of course, they both are lefties, hence my original answer. If I had to guess, Mantle would be the only other switch hitter who would have come to mind.

Jagger69

The Babe and Reggie are lefties.

That's what I said, no? :dunno:

Who was the first lefty to win the Cy-Young?

Well, since the award was first given in the 50s (don't remember exactly when) and it was a combined-league award for a number of years (again, don't remember how many) I'm going to guess it was Warren Spahn. He was without question the most dominant lefty of his day and played for some very good Milwaukee Brave teams in the late 50s. Amirite?? Or wrong?

MustBeGood

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
That's what I said, no? :dunno:

Well, since the award was first given in the 50s (don't remember exactly when) and it was a combined-league award for a number of years (again, don't remember how many) I'm going to guess it was Warren Spahn. He was without question the most dominant lefty of his day and played for some very good Milwaukee Brave teams in the late 50s. Amirite?? Or wrong?

Spahn is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Witch relief pitcher won the cy-Young and MVP in the same year in the 80's?

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Warren Spahn.

How many active pitchers have more than 10 career shutouts and not currently on the disabled list?

Jagger69

How many active pitchers have more than 10 career shutouts and not currently on the disabled list?

Shot ain't nobody gonna know the answer to that unless they cheat and Google it. I'll guess 9.

Miguel Cabrera of the Detroit Tigers won the AL triple crown in 2012. Who was the last NL player to win the triple crown and what year did he do it?

MustBeGood

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Shot ain't nobody gonna know the answer to that unless they cheat and Google it. I'll guess 9.

Miguel Cabrera of the Detroit Tigers won the AL triple crown in 2012. Who was the last NL player to win the triple crown and what year did he do it?

Stan the Man?

Jagger69

Stan Musial is another terrific guess. Unfortunately, also incorrect. I'll give y'all a hint though. Like Musial, he was a St. Louis Cardinal and was the NL MVP the same year he won the triple crown. You have to be a serious baseball aficionado to get this one.

cestmoi2010

Yes, I bribed and cheated to get this far
Stan Musial is another terrific guess. Unfortunately, also incorrect. I'll give y'all a hint though. Like Musial, he was a St. Louis Cardinal and was the NL MVP the same year he won the triple crown. You have to be a serious baseball aficionado to get this one.

When Miggy was going for his Triple Crown there was a lot of talk about the last NL person to do it

Joe Medwick of the Cards in the 30s. I forget the exact year but I know it was the "Gas House Gang" Cards