• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

MLB 2021

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Alright good start to the series for Atlanta. They need to go ahead and win this thing in 5 or 6. If it makes it to a Game 7 the Dodgers will prevail.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Alright good start to the series for Atlanta. They need to go ahead and win this thing in 5 or 6. If it makes it to a Game 7 the Dodgers will prevail.
Agree. I'd like to see the Braves sweep in four. As that would be awesome.

Reactions: sj1

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
I want to like the Braves, but every time I their fans chant my mind gets triggered. As a team, they are the most compelling at this point.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I have good news and I have bad news.

The good news :

The Braves knocked out Walker Buehler. He gave up 4 runs and he was chased in the 4th inning.

The bad news :

I watched the Braves meltdown in the 8th inning. Going into the inning, they held a three run lead, 5-2. Luke Jackson gave up four earned runs and only got one out in the inning. He gave up hour hits; one being a home run. He ended up being the losing pitcher.

I've been looking at Luke Jackson's 2021 stats and his overall career stats. The guy is terrible.

His ERA in 2021 was 7.20, for his career; it is 8.22. His 2021 WHIP was 2.20, for his career it is 2.48. Those are horrible WHIP numbers. Alright his K's/9 in 2021 was 9.00 but his 2021 BB/9 was 5.40. And he gives up the long ball (just ask Cody Bellinger) HR/9 2021: 1.80, Career HR/9: 2.35 and lastly his 2021 H/9: 14.40, Career H/9: 16.43.

In this day and age of analytics, data usage, and advanced scouting reports, you would think the Braves manager and their front office would know better. Apparently not.

This guy should not be pitching in the post season. Let alone have him in late in a game trying to protect a lead. He just can't do it. What was Brian Snitker thinking when he named Luke Jackson to the Braves NLCS roster?

Braves lose. Up 2-1 in the series.

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
The Astros evened up their series, 2-2 with a big seven run ninth inning. Winning 9-2 over the Red Sox.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I want to like the Braves, but every time I hear their fans chant, my mind gets triggered ...

Reggie Jackson & The Queen.JPG

:LOL:

=====

Reggie Jackson & Leslie Nielson.JPG

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/mlb...um-enrico-pallazzo/126ga3m9wzib71oo3dh14gxt12

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
The Dodgers and Red Sox were crushed like bugs!

Braves 9 Dodgers 2. Have 3-1 series lead.
Astros 9 Red Sox 1. Have 3-2 series lead

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
In game six of the ALCS, the Red Sox were no-hit through five innings by Luis Garcia. They ended up with two hits; a two out triple by Enrique "Kiki" Hernandez (that broke up the no-hitter) in the sixth inning (the inning ended with Rafael Devers popping out to Carlos Correa) and a single by Alex Verdugo in the seventh inning off Kendall Graveman. The Red Sox only managed to get to third base only twice. Once by Hernandez, described earlier and J.D. Martinez advancing to third on Verdugo's seventh inning single. But then Travis Shaw struck out and Alex Verdugo was caught stealing second base to end the threat.

The Astros' Yordan Alvarez had a big night, a double and a triple, two runs scored and an RBI. Kyle Tucker had a 1-4 night with an eight inning three run homerun off Adam Ottavino to finish off the scoring.

Astros win, 5-0. Take the ALCS over the Red Sox, 4-2. They make it to their fourth World Series (2005, 2017, 2019, and 2021) and the second one for manager Dusty Baker.

I believe Lance McCullers will still not be eligible for the World Series due to that severe right forearm strain that he incurred in the ALDS against the White Sox. That is a big blow to their pitching staff.

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
In baseball, there's always the guy who comes up big in the playoffs against the star pitcher. Low batting average, little or no home runs during the season who does huge damage in the game. He's either the hero or the catalyst. Think Cardinals-Dodgers. Light hitting Ozzie Smith against Tom Neidenfuer in game five of the 1985 NLCS. Ozzie Smith hit a game winning home run.

Two days later, Jack Clark, the ex-SFG right fielder hit a three run ninth inning home run against the big right handed LAD closer Neidenfuer to give the Cardinals the NL Pennant in game six. On third base? Willie McGee, another ex-Giant.

Speaking of ex-San Francisco Giants, yes I'll call this post the ex-Giant factor. :)

Case in point with my first statement, ex-SFG shortstop Ehire Adrianza pinch hit for the pitcher Ian Anderson. With two outs in the fourth inning, Adrianza, with a 1-0 count, hit a deep line drive of a Walker Buehler inside cutter to right fielder Mookie Betts. It went for a double putting Travis d'Arnaud at third base. The next batter who came up, leadoff hitter Eddie Rosario, traded to the Braves at the deadline from the Indians for ex-Giant Pablo Sandoval, then hit a three run home run for 4-1 run Braves lead. I expect Walker Buehler to be out of the game very shortly.

Hopefully the Braves continue to add on runs throughout the game. Remember ex-Giant Adam Duvall is also in the game as well. Provided that Luke Jackson doesn't appear in the game tonight. If he does? Watch out. Yikes! Jackson is just the worst. Should the Braves advance, manager Brian Snitker and the Braves front office need to reconsider him on the World Series roster. Keep him off the team!

That brings to mind this: remember Barry Zito, another ex-Giant, in 2010. Bruce Bochy kept him out of the 2010 postseason altogether because of how bad he was during the season.

Last point, the closer for Atlanta is Will Smith, another ex-Giant.

If everything holds true, the Dodgers should be ...

... after the game tonight.

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Congratulations to the Atlanta Braves. They are the 2021 World Series Champions. They beat the Houston Astros, 4 games to 2.

Jorge Soler, went deep in the third inning. His third of the series. A three run shot to left field. Dansby Swanson hit his second home run of the series in the fifth inning a two run shot also to left field. Freddie Freeman hit a double to left field driving in Jorge Soler for a 6-0 lead. In the top of the seventh inning, Freddie Freeman hit his second home run of the series, for a 7-0 lead. That's how it ended.

Jorge Soler won the World Series MVP award.

Brian Snitker with his first World Series title. This was the Braves first World Series title since 1995. With all the NL division titles that Bobby Cox won, that remained the lone Braves World Series championship over the Indians up until last night. Dusty Baker is now unsuccessful in his second attempt. His first was the "game ball incident" with Russ Ortiz, in the Angels 6-5 come from behind victory in game six of the 2002 World Series. The Giants had a 5-0 lead in game six. The Angels then went on to win 4-1 over the the Giants in game seven.

Last edited:

gmase

As much as I dislike the Braves, they earned the title. As you note, it is difficult to believe they only got one title out of the 90s run.

gmase

Next up ... there is a lawsuit pending in an Ohio district court. Apparently a lady roller derby team named the Cleveland Guardians is questioning the Cleveland Indians new name selection. They say it infringes on their name and trademark. More for the courts to decide.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/202...ark-the-wake-up-for-thursday-oct-28-2021.html
I bet the 15 minutes of revenue offered to them by the Cleveland Baseball Team exceeds their annual revenues. Time for some billable hours for the lawyers.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Congratulations to Brandon Crawford - the 2021 NL Gold Glove winner at shortstop.

Wow! The St. Louis Cardinals had five gold glove winners: Paul Goldschmidt (first base), Tommy Edman (second base), Nolan Arenado (third base), Tyler O'Neil (left field) and Harrison Bader (center field). Yadier Molina was the runner up at NL catcher.