• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Major Scientists Confirm: Global Warming Panic Is a Hoax

At least he didn't say he wanted to start a state on the moon or anything. That has to count for something,...right? :1orglaugh

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Oh, this is great news.

Now we can throw out all the empirical evidence and scientific research that supports the theory of Global Warming because Rick Santorum said so. I was really waiting for him to comment on this so that I could completely change my belief system from one grounded in conclusive data to one based on the musings of a politician who can't even out gain Newt Gingrich in a fucking primary. Because let's face it, at this point, he's attributing the moon landings to space ninjas to if it gains him a few more percentage points in the polls.

Do me a favor, Google Santorum right now. I'll wait....

That's what I think about his ideas.

So these 'major scientists' he refers to, they're all climate scientists, right? You know, individuals who all work and publish within the field on a regular basis? Mr Santorum wouldn't use 'science' and 'scientists' as a blanket statement in order to pander a crowd of ignorant morons now would he?

No, of course he wouldn't.

Oh wait....

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
I just don't give a fuck. So, I'm gonna go outside right fucking now and smoke a cigarette, and in each hand I will depress and empty two fucking cans of hairspray...I'm gonna start my car, and just let it run...I don't give a fuck...I'm gonna gather all of the plastics and shit I have laying around in my apartment and set them on fire in the parking lot...mmmm, breathe those fumes in bitches...and hell, if I see any baby seals, I'm gonna club them to death too.

Anyone wanna hang out?
funny-Watch-out-badass-meme.jpg

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Now for something completely scientific find equal parts dog shit and paper bag (recycled paper bag hippy), insert fecal matter into bag, place on Sam's front doorstep, light said bag, ring doorbell. See him come out in his tighty whiteys and cowboy boots and watch him stomp out said bag. That is my Billy Madison Hypothesis and it's science.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Does anyone else remember when this Board was populated by funny, smart and entertaining members? And now we have Sam Fisher.

I'm starting to think that the Rapture really did happen last year and we all died and dealing with this shit is our eternal punishment.

At the risk of sounding unscientific and very unpopular by going against the conventional wisdom, how do you apply the scientific method to the THEORY of man made global warming? And also, can computer models be considered evidence? Just because a computer or some scientist predict the weather to change a certain way in the FUTURE, how is that evidence? Sort of like saying that just because someone grew up in a bad environment will automatically become a murderer in adulthood. Plus, haven't some of those same predictions have turned out to be not true? And then how about all those claims of scientists, or bureaucrats, using their own bias in their research? I do believe there are some valid points and concerns regarding the idea of "man made" global warming and I'm not going to get into whether the average world temperatures are increasing or not because my question is whether it is actually caused by humans and humans only, yet the main argument that supporters of that idea is "shut up, we all agree it's happening, you're dumb" instead of actually addressing the concerns of those of us who are not completely convinced about it, after all, even if we all agreed that 2+2=5 that wouldn't mean we're all correct. Another point, just what is mankind's contribution to global warming? We have volcanoes, el nino events, solar flares, which can all have an effect on the world's temperature, so what was mankind's contribution to the increase in temperatures? Then we have questions about the effects of an increase in world temperatures, would those effects really have a catastrophic impact as environmentalists predict, would the impact even be noticeable, or would the impact be actually beneficial? And by that I'm talking about the temperatures, not pollution, which we all agree is bad and really needs to be cleaned up.

I mean, in order to try and do something to correct whatever it is we humans have done we're not just talking about a couple hundred bucks a year for the economy. If the cost of whatever solutions environmentalists want to implement only cost a few hundred bucks a year to the nation's economy, it wouldn't even be worth the effot to question their motives and heck, even I'd be calling for their implementation, but we're talking about solutions that will cost billions to the economy, i.e. the taxpayers, i.e. all of us, (i.e. ME!!!) and for that amount of money it is better to question first before we implement something that may or may not be helpful at all. Let me try to explain it in simpler terms, imagine you want to make your house more "energy efficient" and let's say for the sake of argument you're paying $300 bucks a month in your electric bill. You call a contractor and you tell him to make whatever modifications you needed to make to your house at a cost of $500,000, and thereafter your electric bill is $295 a month, were the modifications worth it? I mean, the contractor was the one that benefited from it. Same thing with some solutions the environmentalists propose, not enough benefit for the expense.

Well said, Red.

:goodpost:

Global warming is a FACT, anyone who deny it is a fool.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
At the risk of sounding unscientific and very unpopular by going against the conventional wisdom, how do you apply the scientific method to the THEORY of man made global warming? And also, can computer models be considered evidence?

Not to sound condescending, but do you understand how the scientific method works? Do you know what a pseudoscience is? Here's a good breakdown of the scientific method http://educationally.narod.ru/scientificmethod.png I'm curious if you graduated from a university?

Dude got this article from fucking Moonbattery. :1orglaugh And the sad part is that he actually believes all this shit. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid Sam

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the guys on FoxNews are of the opinion it is a hoax too.

There is an element of truth to it all. There is the politics of science. Some of that should be flushed out in peer review and some caused by it.

http://news.discovery.com/earth/is-global-warming-real.html

Until you can get a jet plane off the ground with these "alternative fuels", it's pointless to even think that the average car owner with his GREEN CAR is going to make a difference with the so called global warming farce.

Until you can get a jet plane off the ground with these "alternative fuels", it's pointless to even think that the average car owner with his GREEN CAR is going to make a difference with the so called global warming farce.

So because we don't have the fuels now, we shouldn't bother trying to develop cleaner, safer, more efficient alternatives? Why this now or never state of mind?

You know what? Nevermind. I don't know why I'm trying to talk reasonably with someone who thinks Global Warming is a farce.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
The extremes in weather, including more severe and dangerous to humans weather, are byproducts of global warming. Maybe you want to explain to the folks in the Midwest that these tornado outbreaks are normal. Oh yeah, remind the folks in ALabama too. And the funky weather patterns in Europe are just normal.

The name may be a bit of a misnomer, but the phenomenon is legit.

I can see why people oppose the theory of global warming. Anyone who knows anything about science knows that at one point in time there was absoultely no ice anywhere on planet earth. Studies have also shown that another ice age is likely in about 16,000 years.

However, the way the climate has been changing over the past 30 years is strong evidence that man-made global warming is a reality.

I'm not a scientist, nor am I going to say that global climate change/global warming is either real/fake or natural/man-made, although, as I understand it, geological cycles take millions of years. So to base any type of conclusion about large scale climate change -- as well as its causes or effects -- on a period of study that spans 3 or 4 decades seems a bit premature.

This is why I really don't think that anything we are doing here in the United States to combat climate change is going to make any sort of difference at all. Until countries like China and India are on board with "going green," nothing anyone else does is going to matter. Half of the world's population resides in those two countries alone, and both countries have (slowly) emerging middle classes and industrial sectors, both of which have the desire for, and means of access to, oil and are polluting at an epic rate, with a "don't give a fuck" attitude. We are wasting our time, and money, imposing environmental sanctions, restrictions, fees and taxes on ourselves in what amounts to nothing more than a grossly vain effort to show the world that "we care." Even if every American drove an electric car etc... it wouldn't mean a thing until you get the emerging world to give a shit, which they don't, and most likely never will. Pollution and greenhouse gasses pay very little attention to national borders, and for that exact reason, America alone "Going Green," is a huge waste of time, IMO.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I guess we shouldn't have bothered with the Constitution...fuck it, other countries were going to rule with kings and queens, why shouldn't we?
Seriously, when did America allow itself to give up so easily? A couple of comments above are showing me why this country has allowed itself to so quickly become second rate.
This was once a nation of leaders, a leader in technology, a leader in new ideas, even at times a leader in global improvement.
Now, we are confronted with a barrier that should be rather easy to overcome (as long as we are willing to sacrifice some of our "big boy" toys), and we shrug our shoulders with an "eh, the rest of the world isn't playing, so I don't want to play either." With the brave attitude shown by many on this board and many of our nation's "leaders", Lewis and Clark would have just stayed in Illinois and told Jefferson, "meh, Indians already there".
For those willing to study it and the intelligence to understand it, the raw numbers for global climate change studies are out there.

this topic of global warming or "climate change" or global cooling from the 1970's reminds me alot of aliens. And by that i mean if aliens were actually visiting us from parts unknown and here WTF could we actually do about it? They would be so much more advanced then us they would wipe us out in a whisper and that would be that so I could scientifically deduce there are no aliens visiting us..or mean to harm us... but this global -climate change thing will never go away no matter what we do it gives those among us who like to bitch and whine and moan endless pleasure it is in essence an unending resource of complaint..... which is what they are good at...China may be building solar panels and selling them to us, but they don't use them. India also population wise is also like china around or very close to 1 billion population, so do us all a favor and bitch to those who do the most harm, i personally have been looking forward to global warming (I do not like winter)