• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Good question.
If I could turn back time and prevent the death of a rocker it would no doubt be Buddy Holly
Why? Because Lennon, Hendrix, Morrison,Cooke,Jones,Gaye,Zappa,Presley, Mercury, Cobain, and many others,
I think had already created thier best work.
Buddy Holly was only 23 when he died in 1959, the 2 1/2 years of music he gave us influenced everything afterwards. Beatles, Stones, Cream, Led Zep, Sabbath might not even had existed if it was for Buddy.
He was a pioneer. He changed the history of music right up until today and I've always wondered what great stuff he would have done throughout the 60's and even the 70's and how he would have influenced THE FUTURE OF ROCK & ROLL

all the dead beatles

While my Guitar gently weeps - "George Harrison"
John Bonham
Janis Joplin (it would have to be for a day, A fire that burns so hot doesn't last)
Bon Scott
Freddie Mercury
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Ronnie Van Zant
Keith Moon
Joey Ramone
Del Shannon
Sid Vicious (just to see the astonishment on his face for being alive)

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Elvis, just so I could take him to McDonalds, then go on the internet and see the hundreds of "OMFG I SAW ELVIS EATING AT MCDONALDS!" stories.

Luckily The Beatles stuff is off limits for such use.I will never forgive Nike for the unauthorized use of "revolution" in one of their commercials.They had to pull it quick when threatened with a lawsuit but they knew exactly what they were doing.Corporate scum!:thefinger

Not exactly unauthorized.

Beatles song
Nike has been a focus of criticism for their use of the Beatles song "Revolution" in a commercial, against the wishes of Apple Records, the Beatles' recording company. Nike paid $250,000 to Capitol Records Inc., which held the North American licensing rights to the Beatles' recordings, for the right to use the Beatles' rendition for a year.
According to a July 28, 1987 article written by the Associated Press, Apple sued Nike Inc., Capitol Records Inc., EMI Records Inc. and Wieden+Kennedy advertising agency for $15 million. Capitol-EMI countered by saying the lawsuit was 'groundless' because Capitol had licensed the use of "Revolution" with the "active support and encouragement of Yoko Ono Lennon, a shareholder and director of Apple."
According to a November 9, 1989 article in the Los Angeles Daily News, "a tangle of lawsuits between the Beatles and their American and British record companies has been settled." One condition of the out-of-court settlement was that terms of the agreement would be kept secret. The settlement was reached among the three parties involved: George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr; Yoko Ono; and Apple, EMI and Capitol Records. A spokesman for Yoko Ono noted, "It's such a confusing myriad of issues that even people who have been close to the principals have a difficult time grasping it. Attorneys on both sides of the Atlantic have probably put their children through college on this."
Nike discontinued airing ads featuring "Revolution" in March 1988. Yoko Ono later gave permission to Nike to use John Lennon's "Instant Karma" in another ad.
source

On another note, if you brought Kurt Cobain back to life just remember he would be missing most of his face and the back of his head.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
John and Yoko really loved each other and were inseparable. He wasn't easy to deal with, a bit of a prick irl many people say. I think they were perfect for each other, and to deny her to him would be to deny him his very soul.

I'm sure Paul, George, and Ringo feel the same way...she ruined the Beatles for Gods sakes. Considering the question asked, "for one day" I really could care less about any part of this that doesn't involve the artists "best years"...and that sure as hell wasn't any time he was with Yoko.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
hmm, their are alot of musicians that were snubbed by death in their prime, but I think the musician that was probably 3 generations ahead of his time would be JIMI HENDRIX!!!

can you just imagine the material that this pioneer of his time would be doing right now?? I think he was and would be considered a musical/rock & roll genius if their ever was one.. :bowdown: :hatsoff:

He was just incredible!! nobody compete's with this man!! not even john lennon, elvis presley, jim morrison, buddy holly, stevie ray vaughn, kurt cobain, none of them even comes close to JIMI HENDRIX IMHO!!! :bowdown:

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Gram Parsons

Freddy Mercury and Kurt Cobain.
And Elvis is, according to some, still alive, so he doesn't need a 2nd Chance.;)