• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

Cool to see Ian Curtis get some love. My girlfriend has epilepsy, and can only imagine the pain he had to deal with playing live concerts with strobe lights, drinking and drugs. He at times looks like he is having seizures in the concert footage. Definitely left the world with some pretty killer music that a bunch of people seem to shamelessly ripoff today. My choices would be as follows:

Jimi Hendrix: Probably would made some horrible music in the 70's due to excess and coke, but he would have made some great music anyways. Jimi is the last great American hero for my money.

Ian Curtis: Was only getting started. No one would talk about U2 as much if he had lived.

Gram Parsons: Love his music and voice.

Bobby Fuller: He was for sure murdered and definitely would have written some killer rock songs in the psychedelic era.

Buddy Holly: Big fan and he did not want to die.

Honorable Mention:

Dimebag Darrell: useless and unnecessary death. Never a fan of Pantera, but the music for sure has balls and Darrell had superb tone and attitude. No one deserves to die by the hand of a stranger's gun in a public execution.

kurt cobain!

and as a sacrifice to the gods for bringin him back, kill 50 cent.
that piece of shit is nothin more than loose change to me

John ("Bonzo") Bonham of Led Zeppelin. I didn't really "get into" Led Zeppelin until I was in the navy and since then I've always wondered how Led Zeppelin's career would have continued had "Bonzo" not died back in 1980.

Layne Staley, then I'd start a thread in which you'd have to guess how soon he OD's again. :eek:
I went to high school with that guy! I won't lie - he and I weren't exactly best friends, or anything like that, but he did go to the same high school I went to. In high school he went by "Layne Elmer." That is, when he went at all.

satrap

Banned
Ian Curtis

Jimi Hendrix, Joe Strummer and Gram Parsons

Jimi fucking Hendrix, hell, I'll strap a acid laced headband around my skull and jam with him.

And, my fav Layne Staley. Died way to young, but his music will live on.

Jimi fucking Hendrix, hell, I'll strap a acid laced headband around my skull and jam with him.

And, my fav Layne Staley. Died way to young, but his music will live on.

Could you keep up with Jimi? Being a Seattle resident I happen to feel that he has no equal in the guitar field.

Frank Zappa i could spend the rest of my life discovering his music.

Dennis Wilson was just getting in a groove you can really feel the emotion he wrote and sang.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Buddy Holly. He never got to see his unborn son.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Marvin Gaye

The Lizard King himself....Jim Morrison

Those two. :hatsoff:

Buddy Holly. He never got to see his unborn son.

That's sad when things like that happen. :(

Bob Marley and Peter Tosh

Again......:D

Although not a rock star I'd like to bring back Tupac Shakur. I think it'd be interesting to see what he'd accomplish as he gained more maturity.

Tupac. :pimpdaddy Isn't he living in Jamaica?

I was hoping he faked his death. Guess not. :(