• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Fans of Top Gear! Lets hear ya!!

georges, cool.... but anyone can build a car that goes fast in a straight line. When it comes to cornering, the M5 or the M3 will run in eihgts around the Chevelle. (Yes, I know the car. A cousin of mine used to drive a Chevelle SS with close to 800 bhb)

Even a 1970 chevelle 454 ss ls6 can still show how bad ass its is to an m3 or even m5, you must never underestimate a big block powered muscle car.
The chevelle 454 ss ls6 did the 0-60mph in 4.6sec topped 150mph and the 1/4th mile was done in 13.36 at 110mph on goodyear polyglass f60-15 tires.With modern tires and an upgraded suspension,a chevelle 454 ss ls6 does the 1/4th mile much faster and easily supports the comparison with many modern sportscars.

Most of the times a big block muscle car stand undefeated on a drag race and in a track a BMW has a big advantage.. great cars either way.

Check out this BMW ... sick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFP-6BWwidM

The aqua cars was pure genius!

Hamster's longboat sank stright to the bottom and Clarkson rolls his overpowered Toyboata!

James was really happy when he won in his sailing ship!

And the camping epiosde when they were all in bed and James said it's romantic!

It's all the greatest TV on Earth! Nothing is better

Going back a few years but I reckon the best feature by a mile was when they tried to kill the Toyota Pick-Up.

It was spread over a few episodes and included driving it down the Christmas Steps stairs in the centre of Bristol, scraping buildings in Bristol, crashing it into a tree, tying it up to a jetty to be washed out to sea by the incoming tide, driving it through a wooden house, dropping a caravan onto it, setting the cabin and pickup area on fire, and placing it on top of a 240-foot block of flats in Hackney that was subsequently destroyed by a controlled demolition. Amazingly it was stull running after all of this and was eventually retired and put on a plinth, that remains on the set.

Going back a few years but I reckon the best feature by a mile was when they tried to kill the Toyota Pick-Up.

It was spread over a few episodes and included driving it down the Christmas Steps stairs in the centre of Bristol, scraping buildings in Bristol, crashing it into a tree, tying it up to a jetty to be washed out to sea by the incoming tide, driving it through a wooden house, dropping a caravan onto it, setting the cabin and pickup area on fire, and placing it on top of a 240-foot block of flats in Hackney that was subsequently destroyed by a controlled demolition. Amazingly it was stull running after all of this and was eventually retired and put on a plinth, that remains on the set.

I cant believe its still running after all the hammering it took

I live like 5 minutes away from Rudyard Lake! where they attempted to make those boat/car things and sail them accross the Lake, what a funny episode :D

Not have it chocked by a big American muscle car that doesn't fit around our lanes, and belchs out smog in a traffic jam on the M25 carpark.

That's kind of interesting that you think American cars belch out smog. You ever try to import a car into the States? There are so many smog regulations, you can't simply bring a European car here without modifying the shit out of it. It's a miracle American cars like the Corvette, can go as fast as they do, seeing that they have to figure out how to keep the polutants so low, and have the car perform the way it does. Speaking of not liking American cars; I've driven cars made from every continent on this planet and have to say that on the whole, European cars are not as superior to American cars as Top Gear would like you to believe. Not by a long shot. In fact, if you compare cars, price for price, European cars are inferior. We Europeans don't like to think so, but it's true. At 100,000 miles, a Corvette Co6 will still run 190 mph and 0-60 around 4 sec. At 100,000 miles, a similarly priced European car will be lucky to still turn over.

I think top gear and clarkson are tongue in cheek a lot of the time. In addition, people know not to take the opinionated views seriously, but it makes great viewing TV!

"price for price, European cars are inferior"

Really? What American car keeps up with the Ultima GTR or Ariel Atom for the same money? In fact, what american cars are noted for outstanding handling?

"At 100,000 miles, a Corvette Co6 will still run 190 mph and 0-60 around 4 sec"

I assume you mean the Z06 C6? Sure it will, but that doesnt mean nothing else will! I drive a C5 and its fantastic car, but I would expect that you can say BMW's ( as much as I dislike them) are in the same catgory, especially when it comes to high milers!

Its horses for courses! Buy what you want :2 cents: