• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Fans of Top Gear! Lets hear ya!!

Come one we must have some fans of the greatest car show in earth top gear!!

whats every ones fave bits??

For me its gotta be when they drove from Miami To New Orleans!!

I like "The races" Hamster and James in an alternative transport and Clarkson in a car. SLR vs. Plane/Boat nad Bugatti vs. small aeroplane are my favorites.

Reports on cool super cars. I really liked that on Zonda/Ferrari F430/Ford GT and when Hamster drove the Zonda Roadster in Monaco.

I also like Clarkson humor. His columns in Sunday Times are available in book form from f.i. Amazon.com Great reading!

georges

Staff member
To be honest Clarckson and his crew are so anti american when it comes to cars that the show is something I rarely watch and never will. I remember how bad the bashed the c5z06 and the c6z06 and favored all the time ferraris. The humor of clarckson is not what I like. For me an automobile review has to be serious not funny, not biased or irrealistic.

I really like the show, and I don't even care about cars at all. But I like many of the weird and funny things they do, and I think that they really manage to make it appeal to people who wouldn't usually be interested in a car show.

I don't know about a favorite bit though. I liked the one where Clarkson was driving a car to Scotland and back or something, on one tank of gas. It was just him talking all the time, and I thought it was pretty well done.
But there really are too many moments to mention.

Last edited:
yeah, topgear is fun to watch. it's just kinda sad that they MOST of the time only have supercars on their show. It would be fun to see some street cars and some american muscle

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
I keep the Aerial Atom episode on my PSP to watch whenever I want. Love the show.

Top Gear of the Pops was great for Comic Relief, but for regular Top Gear, I love it when Clarkson rips Captain Slow and the 'teeth whitened' hamster, comic gold.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
For me an automobile review has to be serious not funny, not biased or irrealistic.

That's why the show is so great, they make jokes nonstop.

But they do take it seriously when needed, i think anyway.

My favourite episode is when they each buy a second hand car in america and drive from Florida to New Orleans.

Hammond crashes into a river full of aligators, They nearly get beaten up by rednecks in a petrol station, and then end up giving away their cars to victims of hurricane katrina.

I know a lot of the show is scripted, but i don't care. And it seems they don't either. Pure genius :thumbsup:

Thats why the old top gear got axed as they took it too seriously this one is just laugh after laugh!! yeh the cars aint the most affordable but hey who cares when ya can race a range rover against a tank!!

youwanttoshagme

Closed Account
How many times do you want to hear "it's the drive of your life" and "you'll never want another car" bullshit? Haveing some jerk kissing your arse saying it's the best thing ever?

I like the way they'll review a car and then tell you never to buy it because it's crap. Anti American? So what? British show, for cars that will drive in Britain. Amearican cars in the UK are crap. We know how to drive, and want to have a nice country to drive around. Not have it chocked by a big American muscle car that doesn't fit around our lanes, and belchs out smog in a traffic jam on the M25 carpark.

I'd never buy an American car as I don't like them. Top Gear was the only thing I'd make I'm recording or home for.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
How many times do you want to hear "it's the drive of your life" and "you'll never want another car" bullshit? Haveing some jerk kissing your arse saying it's the best thing ever?

I like the way they'll review a car and then tell you never to buy it because it's crap.

But when they do say a car is good, i honestly believe them. Just because they diss 98% of the other cars they drive.

One of my fave shows ever

My faviorite bits is where they do these competitions like buy a 1,000 car or races to oslo for example

For comic relief show

Jizzy Tissue Just brillant

I like the way they'll review a car and then tell you never to buy it because it's crap. Anti American? So what? British show, for cars that will drive in Britain. Amearican cars in the UK are crap. We know how to drive, and want to have a nice country to drive around. Not have it chocked by a big American muscle car that doesn't fit around our lanes, and belchs out smog in a traffic jam on the M25 carpark.

Nature can be beautiful but there really aren't anything more beautiful than hearing a big Hemi V8 Bigblock motor revving..

Your ears will have an orgasm..

It's the best car show there is, but I don't like the presenters. Although they are sometimes funny. I like the long races the best, and the challenges. I'd watch it if it was on like.

I love this show and the presenters are fab, the new look took a bit of getting used too but now i wouldn't change it back for anything.

Not have it chocked by a big American muscle car that doesn't fit around our lanes, and belchs out smog in a traffic jam on the M25 carpark.

That's kind of interesting that you think American cars belch out smog. You ever try to import a car into the States? There are so many smog regulations, you can't simply bring a European car here without modifying the shit out of it. It's a miracle American cars like the Corvette, can go as fast as they do, seeing that they have to figure out how to keep the polutants so low, and have the car perform the way it does. Speaking of not liking American cars; I've driven cars made from every continent on this planet and have to say that on the whole, European cars are not as superior to American cars as Top Gear would like you to believe. Not by a long shot. In fact, if you compare cars, price for price, European cars are inferior. We Europeans don't like to think so, but it's true. At 100,000 miles, a Corvette Co6 will still run 190 mph and 0-60 around 4 sec. At 100,000 miles, a similarly priced European car will be lucky to still turn over.

That program is the last refuge of our inner child in my opinion,the last thing on television that we can watch and genuinely enjoy as if we were kids again

georges

Staff member
Not have it chocked by a big American muscle car that doesn't fit around our lanes, and belchs out smog in a traffic jam on the M25 carpark.

That's kind of interesting that you think American cars belch out smog. You ever try to import a car into the States? There are so many smog regulations, you can't simply bring a European car here without modifying the shit out of it. It's a miracle American cars like the Corvette, can go as fast as they do, seeing that they have to figure out how to keep the polutants so low, and have the car perform the way it does. Speaking of not liking American cars; I've driven cars made from every continent on this planet and have to say that on the whole, European cars are not as superior to American cars as Top Gear would like you to believe. Not by a long shot. In fact, if you compare cars, price for price, European cars are inferior. We Europeans don't like to think so, but it's true. At 100,000 miles, a Corvette Co6 will still run 190 mph and 0-60 around 4 sec. At 100,000 miles, a similarly priced European car will be lucky to still turn over.

Even a 1970 chevelle 454 ss ls6 can still show how bad ass its is to an m3 or even m5, you must never underestimate a big block powered muscle car.
The chevelle 454 ss ls6 did the 0-60mph in 4.6sec topped 150mph and the 1/4th mile was done in 13.36 at 110mph on goodyear polyglass f60-15 tires.With modern tires and an upgraded suspension,a chevelle 454 ss ls6 does the 1/4th mile much faster and easily supports the comparison with many modern sportscars.