• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

What an incredible upset by Costa Rica over Italy. It looked like the Costa Ricans could handle the weather much better than the Italians. Balotelli hardly received any service during the second half. I never thought Costa Rica could pull off an upset like that. Congratulations to the side on a well fought game.

Well, this was exactly the situation I was hoping would not happen, yet it did.

Having to face a South American Team in the final Group Match, even on points, and with only the possibility of one making it through.

with all respect for the Italian team.. they've got some good quality players there and I wonder how does it come that they where playing against Costa Rica like it was a friendly match ??

I mean with these kind of world cup matches you have to play with much more passion and hunger...

I actually felt a little bad or England this morning. That game felt like concluding to a 1-1 draw. The second Suarez goal came out of nowhere. They would become the first team ever to qualify with 3 points from a single win. It doesn't matter anyway, you blokes will be winning it in 2022. Aren't you?

No fucking chance. Fundamental changes need to be made in terms of how the domestic league views homegrown talent and the attitude towards growing our own vs buying in from abroad. Furthermore, changes need to be made at grass roots in schools at the very heart of how the game is played. If the changes came in TOMORROW (which they won't) the impressionable youth would need to be younger than 10 now for it to even make an impact, making the prime years for such players to equate to a chance at winning a World Cup by about 2030. If the changes came in immediately. Which they won't.

I have some stupid questions !
freeones_shield.gif

Why does the freeones logo girl carry a Netherlands flag ? does Freeones support Netherlands ? are you implying Netherlands will win the cup ?

No fucking chance. Fundamental changes need to be made in terms of how the domestic league views homegrown talent and the attitude towards growing our own vs buying in from abroad. Furthermore, changes need to be made at grass roots in schools at the very heart of how the game is played. If the changes came in TOMORROW (which they won't) the impressionable youth would need to be younger than 10 now for it to even make an impact, making the prime years for such players to equate to a chance at winning a World Cup by about 2030. If the changes came in immediately. Which they won't.
Wasn't there some sort of announcement made to do so? A semi-final Euro2020 spot, then the WC win in 2022?

What have Belgium done by comparison? Their team now is better than the all-time Australian team.

What have Belgium done by comparison?

In essence eight years ago had a great crop of promising young players ; I've seen a scan of World Soccer at the time where they were all highlighted. Each of them were brought along, made their wave at home and eventually got their moves to bigger leagues. All were brought into the senior national squad at the same time and thus the team they have now took shape.

What would have happened in this country is that the same group of players would mostly have had to eke out their existence playing in the Championship with one or two getting the call to play for a bottom 5 Premier League team or warm the bench somewhere bigger, because Premier League clubs would rather buy cheap imports, and the best of the English potential would never be realized, because they'd never get to the biggest clubs and experience the best coaching and facilities to help them realize that potential. Fewer opportunities at the biggest English clubs for English players to develop = fewer star players of genuine quality produced. Which is where we are now.

Every football fan, bow down and show your respect for the one and only Miroslav Klose, who tonight kept up a remarkable record. He scored in his 5th consecutive major tournament finals (6 out of the last 7 overall for 18 goals total) and in doing so, not only (as everyone seems to have realized) equalled Fat Ronaldo's record of goals in World Cup finals, but also joined Uwe Seeler and Pele in an elite group of players that scored in 4 World Cups. What an astonishing striker he has been.

Ronaldo doesn't look fit, and the sending off killed it as a contest. There isn't much else to be said. If they humped 11-man Portugal with Ronaldo fit, more might have been said.

Germany - Ghana 2-2.. what a match !!

I am in the minority here (no real shock there) but this result big time HURT USA's chances of advancing. A DRAW vs Portugal would have just about put USA into the KO stage had Germany beaten Ghana. It would have eliminated Ghana and put Germany thru. Now A Draw today keeps everyone alive to advance. If Germany beat Ghana a Draw today would have kept USA 5 goals up in GD meaning a 1-0 loss to Germany would have probably put them thru assuming Port didn't win by 4 goals - and they won't.

I played USA/Portugal UNDER 2.5 goals -110. I think the heat and resulting humidity will really sow the game down. Saturday we saw Iran play a game of "Just don't lose the game" and for 90+ they did that. Think we see the same thing here. A loss for Portugal ends their WC. A loss for USA just about does the same unless they can beat Germany........they can't/won't. Think we see 1-1 at most and won't be shocked if we see 0-0.

Fucking USA! Should have won that match. Still a classic game though. We need to draw with Germany and Germany needs a draw with us and we'll both advance.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
I see Ghana destroying Portugal, by three or four. A US - Germany draw does allow both to move on, but I have a feeling it ain't happening. Ghana may once again knock the US out, this time on goal differential.

I am in the minority here (no real shock there) but this result big time HURT USA's chances of advancing. A DRAW vs Portugal would have just about put USA into the KO stage had Germany beaten Ghana. It would have eliminated Ghana and put Germany thru. Now A Draw today keeps everyone alive to advance. If Germany beat Ghana a Draw today would have kept USA 5 goals up in GD meaning a 1-0 loss to Germany would have probably put them thru assuming Port didn't win by 4 goals - and they won't.

I played USA/Portugal UNDER 2.5 goals -110. I think the heat and resulting humidity will really sow the game down. Saturday we saw Iran play a game of "Just don't lose the game" and for 90+ they did that. Think we see the same thing here. A loss for Portugal ends their WC. A loss for USA just about does the same unless they can beat Germany........they can't/won't. Think we see 1-1 at most and won't be shocked if we see 0-0.

Germany and USA both have 4 points.
Ghana and Portugal both have 1 point.

Maximum points that either Ghana or Portugal can achieve with a win in the final match = 4 points.

All Germany and the USA have to do is play out a draw, they go to 5 points and both are through.

Won't Germany and USA both just play extremely conservative knowing they both will advance even in the case of a nil-nil tie?

This is what I'm hoping for. If we get to the knockout phase we might have Altidore back, but not sure his status exactly.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Not finding Las Vegas books to bet the tie for USA-Germany. Can't bet off shore. Please help.