• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Xbox One

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
This was probably the reaction of the one system gamers.

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

This was probably the reaction of the one system gamers.

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Man that funny but for real the Wii U isn't doing so well with EA not supporting it, and Nintendo not at E3 this year. Most gamer are going with the PS4 but it look like Sony could win the console war but not yet until E3.

Man that funny but for real the Wii U isn't doing so well with EA not supporting it, and Nintendo not at E3 this year. Most gamer are going with the PS4 but it look like Sony could win the console war but not yet until E3.

EA still supports Wii U just not as much.
E3 should be a good one this year for both Sony and M$. Cant wait!

Really? How so? I see no legitimate significant reason anybody should think they are any more "screwed" on the second hand market than pretty much every other product in the world that is sold. They aren't any more screwed than when somebody decides to sell a used car, computer, piece of furniture, old clothing, DVD movie, or a book on the second hand market. In all those situations the original manufacturers don't receive any of the money from that sale. I don't see how the used video game market is any different or special than everything else.

It isn't any different, those manufacturers are getting screwed in the same way. But game makers have come up with a solution for it. When you buy a car, thats it, you and the company are pretty much done. When you buy certain (most, it seems) video games, you get an online service from them that they aren't really charging you fair value for. An online pass means you can play the game regardless of whether or not you pay, but to use the online service that you didn't support by purchasing the game new, you'll have to chip in like everyone else did, and the companies make a little coin for it. I have absolutely no problem with that.

It isn't any different, those manufacturers are getting screwed in the same way. But game makers have come up with a solution for it. When you buy a car, thats it, you and the company are pretty much done. When you buy certain (most, it seems) video games, you get an online service from them that they aren't really charging you fair value for. An online pass means you can play the game regardless of whether or not you pay, but to use the online service that you didn't support by purchasing the game new, you'll have to chip in like everyone else did, and the companies make a little coin for it. I have absolutely no problem with that.

Or none of them are getting screwed, and the right of first sale is a perfectly valid and sensible thing for customers to have.

So basically they purposely cut out the functionality of a game that it should have always had from the start, and in the past would have had from the start, and they require more hassle and more unneeded requirements out of their customers as an excuse to pull as much from their customers as they can instead of just delivering a good product. They are operating under the time honored business practice of being a jerks to their customers because they can.

It also seems like a lot of games, like most of them, do not give you that much extra for free. It's almost all payed for DCL or online passes...that are payed for. That's bad enough. What this is doing is worse. It's not even letting somebody play the game at all that was bought on the second hand market without a fee being paid. Screw that.

I not a console war type of person, but if Sony doesn't have any scheme like this with their new console I hope they absolutely destroy...DESTROY the new Xbox, because it will deserve it. For the good of what's right, for the good of the industry, and for the good of continuing to make decent video games that pretty much needs to happen.

$60 1year Gold Live says "hi"!

$60 1year Gold Live says "hi"!

That's Microsoft that's getting paid. I don't know how they share their profits from subscription fees, but it leads to better online service (like not getting hacked for weeks at a time with no explanation/timetable). Look, I'm not happy about online passes the new countermeasures, but I can't really fault the devs/pubs for wanting to maximize profit in an industry that's starting to suffer from a lack of creativity because of monetary risks and investor influence.

it's ridiculous that game companys are whining and crying their not making any profit from the used game market. you don't hear Chevy, Ford, Plymouth, Pontiac and all those other car companys crying that they aren't making any profit from the used car market do ya? or how about used furniture, or used dvd's? so what makes game companys so special? GREED

it's ridiculous that game companys are whining and crying their not making any profit from the used game market. you don't hear Chevy, Ford, Plymouth, Pontiac and all those other car companys crying that they aren't making any profit from the used car market do ya? or how about used furniture, or used dvd's? so what makes game companys so special? GREED
Do they still make Plymouths?

Look, I know it's not a popular decision, and I understand why. But I don't have a big problem with online passes (I still don't like the new plan for used games Microsoft is implementing) if they fund and incentivize the industry towards new IPs/better service/innovation in entertainment and connectivity. Obviously some companies will take these profits and sit on them, but others will use them to take risks that they couldn't afford before. And remember, you don't HAVE to buy an online pass to play a game you bought, only to play it online.

Lungzyn

Die For Me
Fortunately it's just a placeholder number, same with the release date.
When will they confirm the prices, wait for E3 seems to be the answer to everything.

I think I may never buy One now.

If Sony doesn't come out with something significantly better on these issues I just won't buy the next generation consoles, and maybe will just quit buying any new consoles and games indefinitely.

$499 !?!?

Not surprised but come on!

Anywho I am glad to see XBL Gold members will get 2 free games per month at least since I will be sticking with my 360 until that One is on sale. Also the death to M$ points !!

First 2 free games are Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 believe starting July.

X1 out this November.