• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

worst president in our lifetime.

worst president in our lifetime

• george w bush

Votes: 148 60.2%
  • bill clinton

Votes: 28 11.4%
  • george hw bush

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • jimmy carter

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • gerald ford

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • richard nixon

Votes: 15 6.1%

• Total voters
thank you friday on my mind we finally agree on something you said lets give some credit to clintons economic advisors i could not agree more. lets also name that advisor and give accolades to the man, that of course is allen greenspan.

thank you friday on my mind we finally agree on something you said lets give some credit to clintons economic advisors i could not agree more. lets also name that advisor and give accolades to the man, that of course is allen greenspan.

The fact is of course that those years were ones of unparalleled stability and growth throughout the world.Our UK economy thrived even with Gordon Brown's tinkering.Manufactured goods were coming in from China at such low prices that inflation was kept in check.Allen Greenspan was the man at the helm but it helps to have a calm sea and a following wind.Clinton (like Blair/Brown) were rather more lucky than skilful.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

... don't underestimate my life expectancy! :crash:

scwarzenegger?............DICK VAN COCK!:cussing:

the last 10 posts were really good. thumbsup all around. i want to say a couple things at this juncture:

unless something really crazy happens in the coming years, g w bush will go down in history as the most reviled man in american history, president or otherwise. buchanan likes him, i think.

marquis2 said:
There is a danger of confusing good Presidents with good men.I suppose it's possible to be both , but to actually bring about real change requires a degree of ruthlessness.It's been said that Clinton's success with the economy was because he was too distracted by other things to interfere with it but as all the other world economies also did well perhaps it was just a good time to be in charge.

this points directly to jimmy carter. as far as being a decent and moral person, he's tops. as president, well i think you can make the argument that he was a victim of timing.

I agree with the don't confuse good men with competent ones.An example is someone like Jimmy Hoffa ,the former Teamsters union leader presumed murdered by the mob.Jimmy probably would not be considered good but I think teamsters members(who got the best contracts under him they had ever had) would think he was very competent.If I was one of them getting much better wages and benefits with him doing the negotitating I would have prefered that to some goody two shoes who didn't get me those same things.
And on Clinton's success with the economy while the times a president is in is a factor I think to deny the role his economic advisors played in it is not fair eithier.Presidents don't really do that much in these regards personally,they set a tone and a policy path and then find people to carry those out.So Bill should get credit for hiring capable people and listening to them.This idea that dems are fiscally irresponsible as compared to to the pubs is not bourne out by the facts.Reagan and Bush 43 have run up the deficits while Clinton was bringing the budget into some sort of balance and handed Bush 43 a govt with projected surpluses which has been turned on its head to where we are now back to huge deficits.Some call dems the party of tax and spend but the pubs are the party of deficts and spend.Clinton administartion had rules that to spend more on something you eithier had to cut somewhere or raise taxes,that is being responsible.Compare that to the current administration that cuts taxes,mainly on the wealthy I might add and then spends very freely on various things most notably hundreds of billions on wars.That is VERY irresponsible.

The President is responsible for giving the right jobs to the right people.As I've mentioned in another post, Clinton's years were ones which would have made any administration look good , the world economy was steady and growing, all the factors which cause problems weren't there.It was the nearest thing to a free ride.
When a country is doing well it should put some money by to help out in the times of recession.You mention Reagan , he was as unlucky as Clinton was lucky because his presidency coincided with a massive world wide recession and in such times governments have to spend more;their receipts are down and expenses are up.So to compare Reagan with Clinton on the economy doesn't make sense.

It's a lot easier to be an economic advisor at a time when the economy is going along pretty well on its own.It's like the captain of a ship claiming credit for a smooth ride when the sea is like a millpond.
It's the advisors who successfully deal with problems like spiralling unemployment , soaring inflation and lack of confidence who deserve credit.But they are usually associated with the problems they had to solve.

To give Shrub credit....he does seem like a decent person. People give him grief to no end, but I have to admit he seems somewhat likeable. I could see myself having a beer with shrub and asking him for his daughters numbers. :D

On the other hand, I can't say that about that quack he just endorsed. McCain seems like a real prick. :thefinger

It's a lot easier to be an economic advisor at a time when the economy is going along pretty well on its own.It's like the captain of a ship claiming credit for a smooth ride when the sea is like a millpond.
It's the advisors who successfully deal with problems like spiralling unemployment , soaring inflation and lack of confidence who deserve credit.But they are usually associated with the problems they had to solve.

Both Reagan and Clinton were elected in large measure on anxieties about the economy.Clinton's winning slogan in 92 was "it's the economy stupid".Both came in during recessions.The biggest difference was that even when things got better whether you want to give them and their advisors credit for it or not was that Clinton and his govt exercised fiscal restraint where Reagan did not.Reagan spent more and more on defense especially where Clinton did not.America is being hosed by the military-industrial establishment which wants to spend no matter if there is real threat or not hundreds of billions on defense spending.Without the cold war they were lost as a rational to maintain that,so now we have the war on terror.Someday we will have a war on who knows what when they lose that one.

Without the cold war they were lost as a rational to maintain that,so now we have the war on terror.Someday we will have a war on who knows what when they lose that one.

the war on [noun] can, by definition, never be won or lost. these are great, if you want to maintain a permanent war economy. unfortunately for such bastards, the war on *drugs* just hasn't panned out the way they've wanted. so let's create an enemy that is 10 times more scary than drugs ever were. and let's call it war on terror.
but the word "war" is actually not the right word. it is not in line with the constitutional definition of "war" (armed conflict between sovereign nations). so by some sideways definitions, we are at "war". this satisfies the economic need for war, and the fear-clamps need for war.
good enough.
but be careful when you launch a new war, because we've already got:
the war on drugs
the war on poverty
war in korea (de facto)
war in afghanistan
war in iraq

and we haven't lost, so we must be winning, right?

let's be happy. new poll here.

I tried to say earlier there are lies and there are damn lies.Clintons lies had little to do with us,Bushes did and the gravity of the two is light years different IMO

I understand you drawing a qualitative difference between their offenses, and for the much greater part I agree. But I think I look at the situation in a bit more linear fashion; i.e. if not for Clinton's lies Bush's depradations would never have happened.

I think the attention paid to that is more a reflection of immaturity of the american population of what they should be focusing on as important than anything else

Well then call me immature, because while I could have gotten past the adultery itself, I couldn't get past the drawn out fabrications; the ever-so-sincere, finger-wagging, how-could-you-possibly-doubt-me, bald-faced lying and his attempt to ruin his paramour's life in order to save his ass. Those are not the actions of a man of character and integrity, and those qualities are very important to me.

To give Shrub credit....he does seem like a decent person. People give him grief to no end, but I have to admit he seems somewhat likeable.

That's interesting. Most people do seem to think that about him but my impression of him has always been the exact opposite.

as president, well i think you can make the argument that he was a victim of timing

agreed

the war on [noun] can, by definition, never be won or lost.

Very true

GWB.
The first 4 years of George W's tenure I blame mostly on him.
The next 4 years I mostly blame on the ignoramaces that voted for him.

Both Reagan and Clinton were elected in large measure on anxieties about the economy.Clinton's winning slogan in 92 was "it's the economy stupid".Both came in during recessions.The biggest difference was that even when things got better whether you want to give them and their advisors credit for it or not was that Clinton and his govt exercised fiscal restraint where Reagan did not.Reagan spent more and more on defense especially where Clinton did not.America is being hosed by the military-industrial establishment which wants to spend no matter if there is real threat or not hundreds of billions on defense spending.Without the cold war they were lost as a rational to maintain that,so now we have the war on terror.Someday we will have a war on who knows what when they lose that one.

Reagan and Clinton inherited vastly different cicumstances.Reagan took over in a downward spiralling economy with the USSR ratcheting up the cold war.When Clinton took over the country was rapidly moving out of recession (and only a minor one too) with no external military threats.

all right i concede gw is the worst pres in our lifetime and perhaps the history of the world. I was loyal untill about 6 months ago when i truly realizes how he single handedly destroy this country

I fucking hate George dubya Bush.. as with most americans. But how stupid are we to elect this asshole for a full term? Did you know that bush is such a coward that when 9/11 happened he was notified in a school class room in florida but he proceded by just sitting there and waiting and not doing anything. you will know what i am talking about if you have seen fahrenheit 9/11.

It's a poll, guys. That means it's about people's opinions.

I think the second Bush takes a lot of bashing he doesn't deserve. Good president? No. But not close to the worst ever.

I vote for Clinton as the worst. In fact, I'd say Carter and Nixon are both worse than GWB as well.