• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Whats Better WWE Raw or Smackdown

I find that raw has a better overall show...and is more entertaining...Smackdown to me seems like the minor leagues even though it has awesome talent

We live a decadent time...

Batista is not Goldberg
John Cena is not Steve Austin
Hell, Shawn Michaels is not Shawn Michael

Not Raw nor Smackdown give the show they used to do 5 or 7 years ago

KO

KO_Computer said:
We live a decadent time...

Batista is not Goldberg
John Cena is not Steve Austin
Hell, Shawn Michaels is not Shawn Michael

Not Raw nor Smackdown give the show they used to do 5 or 7 years ago

KO

Totally agreed the storylines were amazing 5-7 years ago with Vince McMahon on the air and it was the golden generation...with Degeneration X....WCW was also good...it was good competetion...well said KO

member20672

Closed Account
Raw is a better show because it is made that way. Under the eyes of Vince Mcmahon and WWE corporate, Raw is the main show and Smackdown is their secondary show.
It is said that Smackdown is to be used to display the more interesting/odd characters of the WWE.

Raw is by far better.......

On a side note, Spike TV has a new wrestling show that will be on Sat. night at 11pm, has a six sided ring and a lot of the wrestlers that were in WCW and ECW and some new ones. I have not seen it yet ( this may be first week for it) but it does look good in the previews

member20672

Closed Account
Bear said:
Raw is by far better.......

On a side note, Spike TV has a new wrestling show that will be on Sat. night at 11pm, has a six sided ring and a lot of the wrestlers that were in WCW and ECW and some new ones. I have not seen it yet ( this may be first week for it) but it does look good in the previews
That would be TNA, and they have been around for a few years. They basically hire everyone that the WWE fires.

I miss the rivalry between Monday Night Raw and Monday Nitro...ahhh the golden days of wrestling...TNA?...is that the one Jeff Jarett runs..(owns?)...its on Spike TV!!!..since when and when is it on...is that why Spike gave up on WWE and WWE went back to USA network?...

Smackdown is on a public network so they are limited to the amount of sex/gore then can show.

RAW is able to show more of this and that is what people look for in wrestling so raw will be the better show

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
Remember back in 2002 and early 2003 when Smackdown was great, and Raw was average? Then for a while there (especially last year) Raw was great and Smackdown was average. But I think with the last draft lottery earlier this year, things kinda evened out a bit, but Raw's still just a hair better.

And if we're gonna talk about old promotions that we miss, I have just one thing to say ...

:banger: E C F'N W! :banger:

I remember once upon a time they were both decent. Now they have gotten so bad that I can't stand to watch them anymore. Wrestling has always has bad characters, but now I swear that they are actually trying to suck. A monkey with a typewriter could come up with better concepts than they have had lately.

Civickiller80 said:
TNA?...is that the one Jeff Jarett runs..(owns?)...its on Spike TV!!!..since when and when is it on...is that why Spike gave up on WWE and WWE went back to USA network?...

I was wondering the same thing when I saw RAW on USA on Monday.

member20672

Closed Account
Spike TV wanted to drop WWE to promote their UFC crap and then they hired TNA to piss of the WWE. Before TNA took their saturday spot on Spike they had no tv time because their previous television contract was not renewed. USA network happened to be the best choice for WWE and they played out the whole homecoming feature. Now SPike thinks that they have a monday night war again, that being UFC vs WWE
but ratings on monday were about 1.2-1.3 for UFC and 4.0, spiking at 5.0 for WWE.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Stopped watching once I worked out the plot and storyline for each week (and incorporating the love triangle between Matt Hardy, Lita & Edge was definitely in bad taste).
I miss the classics like "Ravishing" Rick Rude (RIP), Goldust, Ahmed Johnson, Jake the Snake, British Bulldog, Hart Foundation, Sid Vicious, Diesel, Razor Ramone, Yokuzuma, Degeneration X - even Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.

PS: Why is Rey Mysterio on week after week?

PPS: Raw was better, imo......

member20672

Closed Account
om3ga said:
Stopped watching once I worked out the plot and storyline for each week (and incorporating the love triangle between Matt Hardy, Lita & Edge was definitely in bad taste).
I miss the classics like "Ravishing" Rick Rude (RIP), Goldust, Ahmed Johnson, Jake the Snake, British Bulldog, Hart Foundation, Sid Vicious, Diesel, Razor Ramone, Yokuzuma, Degeneration X - even Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.

PS: Why is Rey Mysterio on week after week?

PPS: Raw was better, imo......

I miss a lot of those guys too, but a lot of them have problems; Jake the Snake has drug issues, Bulldog and Yokozuna are dead, Diesel and Razor are in TNA, out of DX HHH and HBK are left, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn and X-pac all work for TNA, and no one knows what Chyna is up to.
Rey Mysterio is on every week because they are trying to build up his character. Even though he is a cruiserweight they are having him show that he can hold his own in matches against heavyweights.