• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The 2011 MLB Thread

Jon S.

Banned
Damn....you know it was a full moon last night! Here we are....mid-July....and my Pittsburgh Pirates are 5 games over .500 AND they are currently tied for 1st place in the NL Central! And that is with several of their starters on the DL! I only hope they can keep it up.....BUT, tied for 1st place this late in the season....Hell I'll take it!

Damn....you know it was a full moon last night! Here we are....mid-July....and my Pittsburgh Pirates are 5 games over .500 AND they are currently tied for 1st place in the NL Central! And that is with several of their starters on the DL! I only hope they can keep it up.....BUT, tied for 1st place this late in the season....Hell I'll take it!

everything is going well for the pirates right now. some of their players are having career years. its a tough decision for the gm because its wise to get rid of players but you don't want to lsoe the momentum the team has. thats why they get paid the big bucks.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Who in Montreal (what Frenchman) wants to watch baseball? This is an an American construct. Sometimes I wonder why I watch it, but my Twins are such a fuckin baddass club it's hard not to watch them. ;)

Shut up or we'll take your hockey team away again. ;)

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
who do you think will be traded before the july 31 trade deadline?

Rumors from Houston say Wandy Rodriguez, Jeff Keppinger and Brett Myers are all on the block. Maybe even Hunter Pence if the right offer comes along. with new ownership in H-town, expect a total rebuild of this awful team starting now.

I see the Cardinals perhaps moving Colby Rasmus to get another arm for the stretch if they can find a suitable partner willing to deal. Ideally, they'd like to get another starter so they can move Kyle McClellan back to the pen or perhaps get a solid closer in Heath Bell and leave McClellan in the rotation.

Jagger69

Speaking of the Cardinals, there's been a lot of speculation that Albert Pujols' string of 10 consecutive .300 BA/30 HR/100 RBI seasons will inevitably come to an end this season after a shaky start that had him batting near the Mendoza line for much of April and May and then saw him miss several weeks of action due to a broken wrist in late June. However, after his 3-run shot last night doomed the Reds in Cincinnati, "El Hombre" is now hitting .282 with 20 HRs and 55 RBI. I'd say the RBI goal may be the toughest for him to reach but if he goes on a tear, he could very possibly knock in 45 runs in the last 2 1/2 months of the season. Since this will likely be his last year in a Redbird uniform, I'd love to see him make it 11 straight as a Cardinal before we see him wearing Cubs gear or something just as ridiculous. As much as I'd love to see him finish his career in St. Louis, the Cardinals are nuts if they give him 10 years at $300 million. Dude will be 32 next season so he's already spent his best years in St. Louis but someone is almost sure to be crazy enough to offer him that kind of deal. Still, I hang onto the hope that cooler heads will prevail and he'll stay in the Gateway City for the remainder of his career.

Shut up or we'll take your hockey team away again. ;)

That was that dumbass Canuck Norman Green. And they moved to Dallas. :nono: Anyway, since we have the best arena in the league, I don't see a move anytime soon. ;)

The irony is the 'Spos were pulling probably as many people as the Stars before they left. There is just far too much minor hockey in MN for people to go crazy over an NHL squad, but that's changed now.

Rumors from Houston say Wandy Rodriguez, Jeff Keppinger and Brett Myers are all on the block. Maybe even Hunter Pence if the right offer comes along. with new ownership in H-town, expect a total rebuild of this awful team starting now.

I see the Cardinals perhaps moving Colby Rasmus to get another arm for the stretch if they can find a suitable partner willing to deal. Ideally, they'd like to get another starter so they can move Kyle McClellan back to the pen or perhaps get a solid closer in Heath Bell and leave McClellan in the rotation.

Keppinger was just traded to the Giants!

Why would they move Colby? Who do they have to replace him?

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Speaking of the Cardinals, there's been a lot of speculation that Albert Pujols' string of 10 consecutive .300 BA/30 HR/100 RBI seasons will inevitably come to an end this season after a shaky start that had him batting near the Mendoza line for much of April and May and then saw him miss several weeks of action due to a broken wrist in late June. However, after his 3-run shot last night doomed the Reds in Cincinnati, "El Hombre" is now hitting .282 with 20 HRs and 55 RBI. I'd say the RBI goal may be the toughest for him to reach but if he goes on a tear, he could very possibly knock in 45 runs in the last 2 1/2 months of the season. Since this will likely be his last year in a Redbird uniform, I'd love to see him make it 11 straight as a Cardinal before we see him wearing Cubs gear or something just as ridiculous. As much as I'd love to see him finish his career in St. Louis, the Cardinals are nuts if they give him 10 years at $300 million. Dude will be 32 next season so he's already spent his best years in St. Louis but someone is almost sure to be crazy enough to offer him that kind of deal. Still, I hang onto the hope that cooler heads will prevail and he'll stay in the Gateway City for the remainder of his career.

As much as we want to keep him it would be better for the Cardinals future if they release him in Free Agency we can't have that much money invested into one single player regardless of how good he is, Pujols is my fav but he is going to demand too much salary in 2012, I'm hearing as high at 30 plus million a year. It sucks but he gave us 10 plus solid seasons and a World Title!

As much as we want to keep him it would be better for the Cardinals future if they release him in Free Agency we can't have that much money invested into one single player regardless of how good he is, Pujols is my fav but he is going to demand too much salary in 2012, I'm hearing as high at 30 plus million a year. It sucks but he gave us 10 plus solid seasons and a World Title!

NO ONE is worth 30 hills a year. No one. Mauer didn't get close to that and he is arguably the best in the world. Then again he's a down-to-earth kid who showed LOYALTY to his home club and state. Few of those to be found in the world of pro sports anymore.

Jagger69

Keppinger was just traded to the Giants!

Why would they move Colby? Who do they have to replace him?

Rumor has it that Tony really likes Jon Jay for the position and that he and Rasmus have had a few disagreements. We all know who wins those.

My Cardinals should be battling it out with the Brew Crew for the central. The Pirates have been a very nice surprise but I think they will fade soon! Great season in baseball so far!

Except if you're a Baltimore orioles fan... I should be use to it by now, but I really did believe we were going to be better this year.. :brick:

Jagger69

Except if you're a Baltimore orioles fan... I should be use to it by now, but I really did believe we were going to be better this year.. :brick:

Take heart. The NFL lockout should be over any time now.

Even that assumes his age is correct. I remember there being questions about it years ago.

Indeed. I have heard some estimates say that he could be as old as 33 right now. More controversy about his birth certificate than Obama's. :1orglaugh

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
NO ONE is worth 30 hills a year. No one. Mauer didn't get close to that and he is arguably the best in the world. Then again he's a down-to-earth kid who showed LOYALTY to his home club and state. Few of those to be found in the world of pro sports anymore.

Isn't Mauer getting 25 million a year, he signed a 7 year 182 million dollar deal? I know nobody is worth 30 million but you have to think if the Twins are paying a catcher 25 million wouldn't you think a consistent power hitter who produces season after season would get close to 30? I know the salaries are completely out of hand but thats what the market is forking up these days!

Isn't Mauer getting 25 million a year, he signed a 7 year 182 million dollar deal? I know nobody is worth 30 million but you have to think if the Twins are paying a catcher 25 million wouldn't you think a consistent power hitter who produces season after season would get close to 30? I know the salaries are completely out of hand but thats what the market is forking up these days!
For some reason I had 18 a year in mind, but it looks like it was @23 a year:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/bi...er-signs-with-Twins-for-8-year?urn=mlb-229228

So yeah, Mauer is getting some $$$ considering the small market. As far as Pujols, I suppose big market teams will pay more than that, as there was much talk that Mauer took a large pay cut to say in the TC. Like I said, he's just a flat out class act. There should be more athletes out there like that - the sports world would be a better place. :2 cents: