• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The 10 silliest things ever said by politicians

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
You could make a novel out of stupid quotes just by George W. Bush and Dan Quayle. Some of my favorite stupid Dan Quayle quotes:

“The future will be better tomorrow.”

“I have made good judgements in the Past. I have made good judgements in the Future.”

“We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.”

“[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system.”

“Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it.”

“I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.”

“Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe.”

“The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.”

“Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.”

“For NASA, space is still a high priority.”

“Salvador is a democracy so it's not surprising that there are many voices to be heard here. Yet in my conversations with Salvadorans... I have heard a single voice. “

“I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix”

“I want to be Robin to Bush's Batman.”

“If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure.”

“If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime.”

“It’s wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago.”

“The global importance of the Middle East is that it keeps the Far East and the Near East from encroaching on each other.”

“The loss of life will be irreplaceable.”

“This President is going to lead us out of this recovery.”

“Tobacco exports should be expanded aggressively because Americans are smoking less.”

“Unfortunately the people of Louisiana are not racists.”

“Voters are like trees, if you are trying to build a forest. If you have more trees than you have forests, then at that point the pollsters will probably say you will win.”

"This isn't a man who is leaving with his head between his legs."

....among many more.

It's scary to think he was only one freak accident away from becoming the most powerful person in the world. (And then George W. Bush showed us what would happen if somebody that stupid really did get the position.)

Lets not forget what may be the all time biggest political blunder and dumbest thing ever said by a politician or somebody in power in "Let them eat cake." (Although the phrase was probably said by somebody before Marie Antoinette and shouldn't be attributed to her.)

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
You could make a novel out of stupid quotes just by George W. Bush and Dan Quayle. Some of my favorite stupid Dan Quayle quotes:

“The future will be better tomorrow.”

“I have made good judgements in the Past. I have made good judgements in the Future.”

“We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.”

“[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system.”

“Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it.”

“I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.”

“Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe.”

“The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.”

“Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.”

“For NASA, space is still a high priority.”

“Salvador is a democracy so it's not surprising that there are many voices to be heard here. Yet in my conversations with Salvadorans... I have heard a single voice. “

“I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix”

“I want to be Robin to Bush's Batman.”

“If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure.”

“If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime.”

“It’s wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago.”

“The global importance of the Middle East is that it keeps the Far East and the Near East from encroaching on each other.”

“The loss of life will be irreplaceable.”

“This President is going to lead us out of this recovery.”

“Tobacco exports should be expanded aggressively because Americans are smoking less.”

“Unfortunately the people of Louisiana are not racists.”

“Voters are like trees, if you are trying to build a forest. If you have more trees than you have forests, then at that point the pollsters will probably say you will win.”

"This isn't a man who is leaving with his head between his legs."

....among many more.

It's scary to think he was only one freak accident away from becoming the most powerful person in the world. (And then George W. Bush showed us what would happen if somebody that stupid really did get the position.)

Lets not forget what may be the all time biggest political blunder and dumbest thing ever said by a politician or somebody in power in "Let them eat cake." (Although the phrase was probably said by somebody before Marie Antoinette and shouldn't be attributed to her.)

:1orglaugh Classic!! :1orglaugh

I'd rep you if they'd let me. :glugglug:

Facetious

Moderated
''The U.S./ Mexico Border is as secure now as it has ever been''

- Janet Napolitano ''Chairwoman'' U.S. Dept of Homeland Security, Wednesday, April 28, 2010
(who has no previous background in security whatsoever! :facepalm:)

Always appoint the 'lesser' people, they generally make better "yes people"

emceeemcee

Banned
a classic from the great wordsmith:

'Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream..."
-George W Bush

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
William Henry Harrison - "Only a vagina would wear a coat and hat to his inauguration."

Hot Mega

''The U.S./ Mexico Border is as secure now as it has ever been''

- Janet Napolitano ''Chairwoman'' U.S. Dept of Homeland Security, Wednesday, April 28, 2010
(who has no previous background in security whatsoever! :facepalm:)

Always appoint the 'lesser' people, they generally make better "yes people"

:facepalm::facepalm:OMG...make it stop! Where is it stated that a background in "security" is a requisite for the job???

Even as such, the position was created under GWB and has had 3 official office holders including Napolitano.

The first guy, Ridge was a former Governor like Napolitano and the second person, Chertoff was an AG like Napolitano.

Unbelievable:anonymous. At some point don't you ever want your money back for the goofy talking points GOPer windbags ply you with?

You're lucky you're not a "politician" (literal sense) or else you'd be at the top of this list for that one.

Wickedclown

I still don't know what I am doing
"Ladies and Gentlemen, dear Negroes..." - Heinrich Lübke (Minister of Agriculture) when he "welcomed" a crowd in Liberia 1962

:facepalm:

Facetious

Moderated
'' . . . We can educate our parents on how to deal with their children,
we can make safer guns, we can make safer bullets,
we can decide that we got to keep the GUNS out of the hands of our children!
and we can continue to . . and make like . . . we make car license, we can make . . . require license to carry a gun''.
:confused:

- Jocelyn Elders
former Surgeon General of (dare I say it!)
Begins at 1:50 mins

Say, didn't her son do several years in the pen for selling crack? :1orglaugh

Johan

Jean-François Raffarin (frormer french Prime Minister), abouth the voting for the European Constitution

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
Ahmedinejad had a good one suggesting the americans knew 9/11 was coming a bit back didn't he?

Nobody ever mentions how considerate the Tali were; by hitting them on 9/11 they showed remarkable mercy: people would have the necessary memory jog to remember which number to dial.

Hot Mega

"Put three Zionists in a room and they will form four political parties."
Levi Eshkol.

"I have often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming."
Jimmy Carter.

"It's no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or another."

George Bush.

"I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them."

George Bush.

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."
Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC.

"What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?"
Marion Barry

:rofl::rofl::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I'm not sure who would win in a showdown between Marion Barry and GWB...those 2 were real gems.

"What right does Congress have.....":1orglaugh:1orglaugh:rofl2:

Facetious

Moderated
:facepalm::facepalm:OMG...make it stop! Where is it stated that a background in "security" is a requisite for the job???
The DHS does give direction to the U.S. Coast Guard, ICE, TSA and the CBP (among others), you would think that the potus would appoint someone who is actually accomplished in the realm of security, somebody who is not only well read, but somebody with hands on field experience . . . no? :dunno:
Then again, why would the president want to hire someone who is commanding, authoritative and headstrong in the area of security . . . he'd just have to eventually fire them for being insubordinate. :cool:
Even as such, the position was created under GWB
Why are you telling me this for? I have never been an advocate of the 'w' presidency.:dunno:
and has had 3 official office holders including Napolitano.
I know.
The first guy, Ridge was a former Governor like Napolitano
Yep! and a fairly decorated Viet Nam era veteran at that, Tom Ridge.
I didn't care much for his colored crayons or his recommendation that all Americans should rush out to their local hardware store and buy plastic sheeting and duct tape, but at least from a public relations standpoint he didn't look like the kind of person you would want to fuck with!
the second coming of count dracula . . . is all I got.

Unbelievable:anonymous. At some point don't you ever want your money back for the goofy talking points GOPer windbags ply you with?
You're lucky you're not a "politician" (literal sense) or else you'd be at the top of this list for that one.
Stop acting like a little fag, your adolescent-invective laden finales aren't helpful in any discussion format, they only highlight your own insecurity issues .

pete rose

Tip: install a spycam in your toilet.
10? More like infinity.

Hot Mega

The DHS does give direction to the U.S. Coast Guard, ICE, TSA and the CBP (among others), you would think that the potus would appoint someone who is actually accomplished in the realm of security, somebody who is not only well read, but somebody with hands on field experience . . . no? :dunno:
Then again, why would the president want to hire someone who is commanding, authoritative and headstrong in the area of security . . . he'd just have to eventually fire them for being insubordinate. :cool:
Face...the problem here is you don't understand there's a difference between administrative direction and operational direction. That's what the heads of the particular agencies that report to her are for...operational direction.

That's the reason why a president (for example) who is the boss of all of them doesn't need a background in "security" or the military to administratively direct all of the subordinates underneath him (or her).

For example, a president doesn't need a background in intelligence to be the C.I.A. boss's boss.

But certainly being an AG (since all of the agencies you mention have to do with law enforcement as oppose to military) would make a person the most qualified.:2 cents:
Why are you telling me this for? I have never been an advocate of the 'w' presidency.:dunno:
The reason being is to illuminate the relatively short history of the position and that there is no precedence for your position. It had nothing to do with GWB.
Yep! and a fairly decorated Viet Nam era veteran at that, Tom Ridge.
I didn't care much for his colored crayons or his recommendation that all Americans should rush out to their local hardware store and buy plastic sheeting and duct tape, but at least from a public relations standpoint he didn't look like the kind of person you would want to fuck with! the second coming of count dracula . . . is all I got.

Being in Vietnam or the military wasn't the reason why Ridge got the job...if a reason at all.

Stop babbling about her having no background in "security" when neither of the other 2 directors did either and when the position is more suited for a person with a background in high level law enforcement.:horse: