• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Stephen Hawking says we're capable of time travel

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
There's still a lot we have to learn about quantum mechanics. Galileo was a crackpot in his time.

I'd like to volunteer to be sent forward in time. The world is gonna to need people like me 1,000 years in the future.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Time Travel eh? This reminds of this action movie with a cop that could travel back in time, I think it was called "The Cop Who Could Go Back In The Past"

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
saw this show on tv. Some mind blowing shit I tell you what! Its interesting to note that we can not go back in time.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Stephen should travel back into the past and make a wheelchair that can make you talk normally. Oh, and can also make you walk.

The problem with traveling at the speed of light is that it is impossible by conventional means. Put it this way, it takes about 1 million pounds of fuel to accelerate an object that weighs one pound up to the speed of light. That is all fine and dandy, but you then need to add fuel to accommodate that million pounds of fuel in order to get it up to the speed of light. After that, ofcourse, you need to make further accomodations for THAT fuel that you used to accomdate the first million pounds of fuel that is supposed to get that 1lb object up to the speed of light. This shit keeps on going, which is why Einstein proposed that you need an infinite amount of energy/fuel to get you up to the speed of light. Since this is impossible by conventional means, breaking the light barrier is thus impossible for us at this time.

What we need is an energy source that is super efficient. Just a drop of this energy source would put out an enormous amount of energy. The type of energy that could power a continent for years from just a drop. We could either do that, or find a way to move space itself. Nothing moves faster than the speed of light through space except for space itself. This theory forces one to think outside the box a bit and come up with something less conventional and more original.

I heard Stephen Hawking is actually totally dumb. He just has a good agent.

Oh, no, that's not right. He's brilliant, and when he says something, I listen.

Is he right? How the fuck would I know? I'm just on the fair side of retarded. He's just on this side of super-human intellect.

Still, you should generally take my word for things.

Actually a lot of physicists agree time travel is possible but requires such a powerful amount of negative energy that there is no way humans could do it on earth or even survive it.

Poppycock! I've survived decades of negative energy surrounding me.

Time travel would be a good thing to give me back the 90 minutes I wasted watching Manchester Utd. v. Bayern Munich a few weeks ago.

Lust

Lost at Birth
Technically we're already living in the future because of the time zones. Example where i am right now it's 8pm on the 4th may 2010, a time period that hasn't existed in America as of yet.

that reminded me of a quote

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.
Charles M. Schulz

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
yeah stephen hawking says a lot of things.

i think no.
because if it was someone would have already traveled from the future and told us.

but then again i'm the same guy who back in the eighties said" in the future computers will be so big and so expensive only the richest kings and sheiks will be able to afford them".

I was absolutely astonished at how easy to understand his explanation was. Truly a genius.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Big deal. He just summarized Planet of the Apes.

Going back in time doesn't stop time from continuing so you're not really going back in time. Also nobody can be at 2 places at once. Would be nice though.

Time travel might be possible in theory under certain conditions.When it comes to shifting a whole human being through the process and coming out unscathed at the other end that's a totally different matter.