• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Snow In UK!

Woo-Hoo!! The south east of England has been hit by severe snow, here in London buses have been cancelled, tube trains partly suspended etc. I was dreading my journey into work, & then my manager phoned to say don’t bother coming in!! The office has been closed!!
:jump:
:party:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7864395.stm

Just count yourselves lucky. Around here workplaces pretty much will make you come in no matter what short of the storm of the century happening. :D

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I was just leaving the UK as the snow started and it looked like it was picking up pretty quickly as the train hit the tunnel.

Lets just say I'm happy that I decided to leave yesterday instead of this morning when everything got shut down.

wohoo snow in february lets move christmas day to february and we will have a white chirstmas every year lol

Not as daft as it sounds.Our "traditional" Christmas with snow etc really dates back a few hundred years when a) we were in a little ice age and b) we still hadn't changed the calendars to the Gregorian one and Christmas Day fell on what is now January 5th.

For those of you not in the UK who wonder why a few inches of snow causes havoc , we get snow when the temperature is just around freezing which makes it wet and sticky.You can't blow it away like the powdery stuff which falls at lower temperatures.

Isn`t it amazing that everytime we have a slight flurry of snow,the whole sodding country comes to a standstill?

Snow?.. Where?

I can't see anything for this damned white flakey stuff that is falling mysteriously from the sky

Spleen

Banned?
Isn`t it amazing that everytime we have a slight flurry of snow,the whole sodding country comes to a standstill?

I don't know if you have looked outside today, but a "slight flurry of snow" is not a good description.

It was fucking mental.

Thats true, if you visit countries where it snows all the time. The buses still run and so do the trains.

If there are no buses, I'm not going anywhere :dunno:

R

ronimal

I love it! Woke up in Piccadilly this morning and it was magical! Last night in Leicester Square felt more like Christmas than Christmas did! And I wouldn't go so far as to say it was mental. Less than a foot on the ground ain't shit except a good time.

Spleen

Banned?
And I wouldn't go so far as to say it was mental. Less than a foot on the ground ain't shit except a good time.

You're already in london though, imagine trying to get to where you are if you had to get the train. YOU COULDN'T!
We had much more than a foot of snow in my area.

I saw abandoned cars on the side of the road, vehicles crashed into each other, and tonnes of people walking down the car tracks on main roads because it was safer than walking on the covered pathways.

It seemed pretty damn mental to me. And I've been to countries like Canada and the USA, but they are prepared for shit like that. We aren't.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I can't ever get excited about snow. Actually when there is severe snow storm I get pissed! Even if they close work, I just have to make up for it on fuckin saturday. So yea...FUCK SNOW!!!!!

I live in Essex and we must have had about 4 inches of snow and it is still snowing. Still i would rather have it snowing than have the usual wet and windy weather that we normally get here.

I knew we were going to get bad weather, but didn't expect it to be as harsh as this. London looks like a giant snow-globe... haven't seen it like this in at least 15 years.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Wow, that's actually a good amount of snow. Wonder how many people are going to die? If this happened in, say, San Diego, there would be eighty people who manage to fall in the snow and drown somehow...