• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Should the Government Stop the Construction of the "Ground Zero Mosque" ??

Should the Government Stop the Ground Zero Mosque from Being Built ???

• Yes - The government should stop it

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • Leaning yes, but not completely sure

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I'm confused - help me to THINK.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leaning no, but not completely sure

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • No - The government should not intervene

Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters

Facial_King

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
What do you think, should some government authority step in to stop the Ground Zero Mosque (aka Cordoba House/Park 51) from being built??

(It's a private poll.)

Ulysses31

The appropriate legal process needs to be adhered to, as for the rest of the thread
sign0004.gif

lurkingdirk

No. And it's not a full on Mosque they're planning to build there.

Should they stop a Christian prayer room too? What if one of the victims was atheist? or even Muslim? You better not do anything potentially offensive to any one ever. Better just not build anything there ever. Might be better if you simply left the space open, nothing there. Clearly the people who died there would be so much happier if some of the best real estate in the nation sat vacant, providing no jobs.

Or, we could move on. Not insensitively, but let's continue to grow as a nation.

dbradford8589

I'm so great I'm jelous of myself.
To stop it, whoever was in charge of approving the design, could have stopped it. Since they didn't there is nothing that should stop it, they have the right to build it. I don't personally agree with the location, but that is my problem.

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
What I find odd is that these so called "patriotic" people are fighting tooth and nail to keep anything Islam related from being built there, all the while none of them were fighting to have some type of memorial built there all this time.

dbradford8589

I'm so great I'm jelous of myself.
What I find odd is that these so called "patriotic" people are fighting tooth and nail to keep anything Islam related from being built there, all the while none of them were fighting to have some type of memorial built there all this time.

Its really sad they have not figured out how to build something by now.

Facial_King

By "there" do you mean at Ground Zero - the actual place - or where the proposed Islamic center might go, at the old Burlington Coat Factory, at least a coupla blocks away?

I don't think anyone WOULD have ever proposed a memorial there (at the BCF bldg.), or even one that would be so big as to cover that ground too (and eliminate so many streets, businesses, etc.)...

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave
Deja vu right up the ass. The government interferes in EVERYTHING else why should this be any different?

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
No, why should they?

Ulysses31

Bloodshot Scott

This isn't a case of eminent domain. I don't think the government should interfere, but I do think the people - like they are doing - should say we don't want your dirty mosque here.

Or, like Greg Gutfeld suggested, just put a damned gay bar next door and let the two go at it. ;)

Zolf J. Kimbly

Would take a bullet for Freeones
Short answer no, they shouldn't. Doing so would be unconstitutional and highly hypocritical.

garyclone

Wish I was a Moderator
I just don't understand why you'd want to build a place to express your faith if a majority of your neighbors don't want you in that location, when there are other places to build where people don't care.

Trident1

Less than 1,000 posts away from my free Freeones T-shirt
Hell yes.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
In regards to the question posed,no.

Its really sad they have not figured out how to build something by now.

I figured something out:Build a memorial similar to The Wall in D.C. for the Vietnam Vets-at a site close by,and rebuild the towers EXACTLY as they stood on Sept,10, 2001. You want to give the terrorists a message? That's the ultimate FUCK YOU!!!.

We as a nation need to come together and help the victims heal completely,not get caught up in this posturing bullshit.

We need to stop trying to placate everybody and make a goddamn decision,and realize that no matter what we do, haters gonna hate.