• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

President Donald Trump's Legacy

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
As the final 70 days of Trump's presidency unwind, it is time to begin thinking about his legacy. A fully-developed legacy takes time to evolve, but what are the early thoughts? No need to be all negative. There have to be some positives. 🤷‍♂️

The fact that Biden became president when Pennsylvania was called is fitting. James Buchanan - generally considered the worst president - is from Pennsylvania.

Trump's Presidency and the election can be discussed in the appropriate threads. This is about life after Trump.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
He brought into question the idea of the electoral college being outdated. Although now the dems won, I don't know if they will push to change that. But he sure put a spotlight on the system.

He united much of the world. Yes, it was against the US, but look at all the environmental and economic agreements that were made between countries when they realized they couldn't rely on the US.

Racial equality, Women's rights & emergency preparedness wouldn't have gotten the attention they have today if it wasn't for him.

mongo18

A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke.
If the dems can manage to take the senate, trump's legacy will be to ensure that nothing like this can ever happen again.

As far as the electoral college, something like 15 states have already agreed to give their votes to whoever gets the popular vote. I imagine we'll see more of that.

Thanks to mcconnell's court stacking, there's a lot of enthusiasm for reform there, especially for the supreme court. Whether it's packing or fixed terms moving forward, there is likely to be change there if repubs don't have the senate to stop it.

The voting rights act needs to be restored and strengthened.

Gerrymandering needs to end. This is a big one that will essentially end the republican party's hold on power. Some sort of independent, non-partisan system to draw up voting districts based on populations rather than political leanings. In too many places republicans have taken the majority of the power with a minority of the vote.

Possibly even senate reform too. mcconnell has wielded far too much power over the last decade, and a lot of the worst outcomes of trump's presidency are more mcconnell's efforts than trump's.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Trump's had a fixation on walls since 2016, here's one he rebuilt...
bluewall.jpg

mongo18

A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke.

I don't think trump understands how the media makes it's money. Very few, if any, substantial advertisers are going to associate themselves with trump tv, it's too risky.

Edit: Ok, I said that before I read the article. A digital subscription channel might suck in the magats, but there's not a lot of room for growth there, and all he's going to be doing is preaching to the already converted.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I just want to say when the Trump Presidential Library comes about someday I call dibs on being the first person to check out the three coloring books in it that will comprise it's entire collection.
Add a few Penthouse mags too. Of course those that feature Stormy Daniels.

His legacy? The lies and the falsehoods he's spread. The misrepresentations he's stated. Add to that all the hatred that everyone has today. You can keep all of it.

I'm not really into that.

Last edited:

stefidungo

Banned
The Atlantic - Europe Can't Blame Donald Trump Anymore

...some feel that the EU, dependent as it is on reaching consensus internally before seeking a path forward, is structurally incapable of separating itself from the U.S. in any fundamental way. “Bottom line is that [the] EU will never be able to be assertive if they have to get unanimity,” one former British cabinet minister...

Trump's greatest legacy will have been getting there in the first place. Thereby drawing more people in to the process, participating to a degree never seen before, and stating their passions before God and everyone, whilst railing against this universally unpopular lightning rod - now posterity waits to expose the hypocrites, with their own words. Ask Dick Nixon, when you don't have me to kick around anymore, then what?! 😀

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
"Edit: Ok, I said that before I read the article. A digital subscription channel might suck in the magats, but there's not a lot of room for growth there, and all he's going to be doing is preaching to the already converted. "

That is what he is doing now and so far it's working for him. Future?

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Even as we type, Trumped is drawing down forces in both Afghanistan and Iraq...the latter of which it is highly questionable we should have been there. But we ARE there...in both places. The result is such that removing troops would give radical Islam a hope of gaining, holding or regaining strength. He has also all but abandoned the notion of a second stimulus package. He just got Carrie White's mom appointed to the Supreme Court...starting to look like a scorched earth policy to me.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Even as we type, Trumped is drawing down forces in both Afghanistan and Iraq...the latter of which it is highly questionable we should have been there. But we ARE there...in both places. The result is such that removing troops would give radical Islam a hope of gaining, holding or regaining strength. He has also all but abandoned the notion of a second stimulus package. He just got Carrie White's mom appointed to the Supreme Court...starting to look like a scorched earth policy to me.
It's like the ending credits of the Carol Burnett Show ...

Carol Burnett Show.JPG

And Donald Trump, as The Jerk, as he leaves the Oval Office one last time ...

.. at first paying back all his supporters!

It's the entire scene. Appropriate? -- Donald Trump = The Jerk. -- You betcha! :LOL:

My apologies go out to Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters.

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I wonder if Cyrus Vance Jr., the Manhattan District Attorney, New York State Attorney General Letitia James, U.S. Representative (NY) Jerry Nadler Chairman of the House Judicial Committee and U.S. Representative (Mass) Richard Neal Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee will continue to request Donald Trump's tax returns now that he's no longer president?

Richard Lempert writes that the Supreme Court may not want to hear Donald Trump's appeals ...

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixg...-why-the-supreme-court-should-end-things-now/

And then the Second Circuit's judgement would suffice. They ordered his accounting firm, Mazars to turn them over.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Was hoping @georges had weighed in on what Donald J. Pig's legacy will be. A dirty toilet deep in Appalachia is my guess.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Was hoping @georges had weighed in on what Donald J. Pig's legacy will be. A dirty toilet deep in Appalachia is my guess.
Where is georges by the way? And the other Law and Order Guys? Strangely silent. Cat has their keyboard?
Between the bannings and closings, not many are left. Plus, France has been having their own issues.