• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Numskull 1/4 Size Arcade Cabinets

Now they're just out in the open of what they think of buyers who are collectors who just have to have everything. Started out I was interested in only the Ms Pacman Machine but ended up also buying the Pacman 40th Anniversary, Galaga, and Galaxian ones also. No regrets though as I love these little things. Joysticks are nice and clicky; 4 way sticks for the Pacman games and 2 way sticks for the shooters.

http://www.numskull.com/quarter-arcades/

qa-pac-man-w-pixels.jpg

quarter-arcades-scale-images-amazon-ms-pacman.jpg

quarter-arcades-scale-images-amazon-galaga.jpg

Reactions: sj1

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Aint they cute. I used to have one those those super old mini Donkey Kong ones. Maybe it was DK2. I'll have to look. Had a mirror that you actually looked into from what I remember.

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
They do get around what is maybe the biggest problem with arcade machines. They take up a ridiculous amount of space. For the full sized ones unless somebody is rich and can dedicated entire large rooms to put them in they just aren't an option for most people. Maybe if somebody is a fan of a certain game they could have one or two, but there is no way that a collection could work. My problem wouldn't be with the screen size though. It would be with the smaller controls. Maybe it wouldn't matter that much with the machines that only has a joystick and a button or two, but for the games with more buttons they would almost need to make the size and spacing of the controls closer to the full sized versions.

They do get around what is maybe the biggest problem with arcade machines. They take up a ridiculous amount of space. For the full sized ones unless somebody is rich and can dedicated entire large rooms to put them in they just aren't an option for most people. Maybe if somebody is a fan of a certain game they could have one or two, but there is no way that a collection could work. My problem wouldn't be with the screen size though. It would be with the smaller controls. Maybe it wouldn't matter that much with the machines that only has a joystick and a button or two, but for the games with more buttons they would almost need to make the size and spacing of the controls closer to the full sized versions.

I'll use the Pac-Man one as an example. I find it to be a happy medium. I'm glad I don't have to haul around an arcade machine. I feel the 1/4 size is about as small as you should go. I do have the 1/6 scale Street Fighter II from Replicade that is very fun and playable too. OK, back to Pac-Man. The joystick works great and the screen is clear even if smaller. I've been getting some decent scores (for me) on all 4 Numskulls even though I'm terrible at Galaxian (but still love it).

You know what I really want? An AtGames Ultimate Legends Home Arcade Machine. There is a ton of stuff you could do with it and add to it. https://www.atgames.net/arcades/features/

Legends-Ultimate-Arcade-Front-cropped-compressed.jpg