• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Now THIS is a Philly cheesesteak!

I present to you, my lunch today.

Loaded with ribeye steak and cheese whiz.
J Michaels Philly Deli is authentic Philly style cheesesteaks.

77-CBFE97-C60-C-449-F-94-D9-CD7-DA6597089.jpg

Sure was good.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Just looks like meat and cheese on bread.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Nice sammich there. I got a favorite Cheesesteak place I go to in Venice. I don’t know how authentic it is but it sure is good. Gotta get a good Cheesesteak every now and again.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Are you guys savages?!?
DO YOU NOT KNOW THE POWER OF AU-JUS?!
Dude, dip a chz stk or italian beef in the best au jus you can find. French onion + bread + eat it before the spongey turns into 'messy', and you got yourself perfection.
Also, something I tried recently.. horseradish dip isnt too bad on either, instead of ~ or in tandem with the au jus.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I enjoy food my man. A lot. But that's a 2nd hand philly...

*sigh* we cant all be near Philly, Chicago, or various trending food cities, my good man.

.. I do kinda have a hankering for a chz stk, now, tho. My work has the steak bitties, but I'm thinking I might bastardize it and choose a Szechuan/peanut sauce on it.. (cuz I want the au jus to not clash, and bbq/buffalo/most things wouldnt mesh, I think.)
and maybe pepperjack instead of swiss.
or I could just google 'asian cheese steak' and see what other people are doing. :)

Edit: Hmmmm.
Asian Cheese Steaks with Wasabi Mayonnaise
Servings 8 cheese steaks
Author Melissa Sperka
Ingredients
1 [2 1/2-3 lb] London Broil
1/2 cup each canola oil soy sauce & brown sugar
1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
1 minced shallot
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Canola oil
1 green pepper thinly sliced
1 red pepper thinly sliced
1 purple onion thinly sliced
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 cups fresh arugula washed and patted dry
8 slices provolone cheese
8 ciabatta rolls or french baguettes
Salt and black pepper to taste
Wasabi Mayonnaise: [Mix together and chill]
3/4 cups real mayonnaise
1 tsp wasabi paste

The Arugula and Wasabi mayo .. I can do that. That sounds good. Soy sauce instead of au jus? Absotively.
IT IS ON THE AGENDA! :)

Are you guys savages?!?
DO YOU NOT KNOW THE POWER OF AU-JUS?!
Dude, dip a chz stk or italian beef in the best au jus you can find. French onion + bread + eat it before the spongey turns into 'messy', and you got yourself perfection.
Also, something I tried recently.. horseradish dip isnt too bad on either, instead of ~ or in tandem with the au jus.

The noun is just jus. "Au jus" means "with juice." If you're gonna be pretentious and use the French instead of just "gravy" or "meat juice" get it right.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
The noun is just jus. "Au jus" means "with juice." If you're gonna be pretentious and use the French instead of just "gravy" or "meat juice" get it right.

Negative. I know what it is ~ Trolling people is more than half the fun. I also ask if they want queso with their normal cheese, and bread or naan.
It is all about 'dividing by zero', man. Give them a mental BSOD and walk away with a smirk. ;)

Negative. I know what it is ~ Trolling people is more than half the fun. I also ask if they want queso with their normal cheese, and bread or naan.
It is all about 'dividing by zero', man. Give them a mental BSOD and walk away with a smirk. ;)

Well, that's alright then.

One I heard the other day is asking for "cola" instead of "Coke" in a pub where they serve Pepsi and seeing if the conditioning still kicks in and they still ask "We've only got Pepsi, is that OK?"

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Had a great cheesesteak the other day in Texas of all places. 2 dudes from Philly owned it, it was legiiiiiit. Granted, no matter how much everything is the same, you just gotta be there to get a good cheese wit. Part of the flavour is the locale.