• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

November 13: Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pacquiao, Margarito, Roach, Arum Discuss The Big Fight

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito took part in a media conference call to discuss their upcoming fight on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Trainers Freddie Roach, Robert Garcia and promoter Bob Arum were also on the call.

Roach: If Margarito Wins, Manny Could Crumble in Politics

There is no denying that Manny Pacquiao’s boxing career was a major boost in*winning a*May*election*to secure a congressional seat in the Philippines.*Pacquiao's political career was a major distraction during the recent training camp in the Philippines.

Trainer*Freddie Roach is worried about their upcoming fight with Antonio Margarito on November 13*at Cowboys Stadium*in Arlington, Texas. Recently he sat Pacquiao down and told him that a loss against Margarito could affect his political career in the Philippines.

“I told him your politics is over if you don’t win this fight," said Roach to GMA News. “I had a long talk with him. I told him, `Manny, you made a decision to run for Congress. You win this fight, you made the right decision. You lose this fight, it was the wrong decision."

Pac-Man's gonna win. I don't trust Roach, I'm sure it's just a way to put a little pressure on Margarito

Manny Pacquiao
(General Santos City, Philippines)
Birthdate:

December 17, 1978
Height/Reach:
5’6 ½”/67”
Professional Record:
51-3-2 (38 KO)
Last Fight:
W 12 Joshua Clottey
(March 13, 2010)
(1st defense of WBO Welterweight title)
Notable Opponents:
Marco Antonio Barrera (TKO 11, W 12)
Joshua Clottey (W 12)
Miguel Cotto (TKO 12)
Oscar De La Hoya (TKO 8)
Ricky Hatton (KO 2)
Lehlohonolo Ledwaba (TKO 6)
Juan Manuel Marquez (D 12, W 12)
Erik Morales (L 12, TKO 10, KO 3)
Agapito Sanchez (TD 6)
Chatchai Sasakul (KO 8)
Medgoen Singsurat (KO by 3)
Titles Held:
WBC Flyweight title
(1 defense, stripped)
IBF Super Bantamweight title
(4 defenses, vacated)
Ring Magazine Featherweight title
(2 defenses, vacated)
WBC Super Featherweight title
(no defenses, vacated)
Ring Magazine Super Featherweight title
(no defenses, vacated)
WBC Lightweight title
(no defenses, vacated)
Ring Magazine Super Lightweight title
(no defenses, vacated)
WBO Welterweight title
(1 defense, current)
Other Awards:
Ring Magazine 2006 Fighter of the Year
ESPN.com 2006 Fighter of the Year
Ring Magazine 2008 Fighter of the Year
ESPN.com 2008 Fighter of the Year
Ring Magazine 2009 Fighter of the Year
ESPN.com 2009 Fighter of the Year
BWAA 2000s Fighter of the Decade

Antonio Margarito
(Tijuana, Mexico)
Birthdate:

March 18, 1978
Height/Reach:
5’11”/73”
Professional Record:
38-6 (27 KO, 1 NC)
Last Fight:
W 10 Roberto Garcia
(May 8, 2010)
Notable Opponents:
Kermit Cintron (TKO 5, KO 6)
Joshua Clottey (W 12)
Miguel Cotto (TKO 11)
Antonio Diaz (TKO 10)
Sergio Martinez (TKO 7)
Shane Mosley (TKO by 9)
Frankie Randall (TKO 4)
Daniel Santos (NC 1, TL 10)
Paul Williams (L 12)
Titles Held:
WBO Welterweight title
(7 defenses, lost to Paul Williams)
WBA Welterweight title
(no defenses, lost to Shane Mosley)

Photos: Pacquiao, Margarito Media Day is Jam-Packed!

Cordoba's Trainer: Rigondeaux is Getting Knocked Out

Beyond being Cuban, Orlando Cuellar is a professional and that's why*he spared no effort to put together the best camp*possible to prepare Panamanian boxer Ricardo "Professor" Córdoba for*his fight*on Saturday November 13 in Dallas, Texas against Cuban*Olympic legend*Guillermo Rigondeaux.

“I*don't like going against a*Cuban because I'm Cuban, but this (boxing) is a business and*the contract I have to*get the victory is with Ricardo Cordoba," Cuellar said. "I know how to beat Guillermo. Moreover, Ricardo will win by knockout in the tenth round."

Córdoba (37-2-2, 23 KOs)*and Rigondeaux (6-0, 5 KOs) will*fight for*the*interim WBA super bantamweight title.

CompuBox Stats: Pacquiao's Output Grew, as He Moved Up

Freddie Roach Erupts: Margarito is a F**king A**hole!

Freddie Roach, the trainer of Antonio Margarito's next opponent, Manny Pacquiao, believes the Mexican boxer is lying when he claims to have had no knowledge of the illegal hand wrappings in his gloves that led to a scandal that cost him his American boxing license for more than a year

"You have fu****g rocks in your hand, you know it," Roach told Robert Morales of BoxingScene.com late last month.

During a recent interview, Roach's temper*erupted over*a scene from HBO's 24/7 series, where*Margarito and trainer, Robert Garcia, mocked the handwraps controversy by placing a large cinder block on Margarito's hand as Garcia pretended to wrap the fighter in preparation for sparring.

Pacquiao: "My Speed Will Be Too Much For Margarito"

Margarito has the*height, and the reach, and the physical size, but Pacquiao believes he will overwhelm the Mexican boxer with faster hands and quick movement.

"The same way I did against De La Hoya, Cotto and other bigger guys I've fought before -- by relying on speed. I've developed a strategy in the gym, and hopefully, that strategy will work out. In order to hit me, he [Margarito] has to catch me, and I think my speed will be too much," said Pacquiao.

Margarito's Trainer: We're Getting into Roach's Head

Robert Garcia, trainer for Antonio Margarito, believes his side is winning the war of words with Team Pacquiao. During most of the pre-fight promotions, trainer Freddie Roach is usally showering Manny Pacquiao's opponents with verbal jabs. This time around, Roach is receiving an unusual amount of verbal fire*from Team Margarito,*which includes*unbeaten*lightweight contender Brandon Rios.

Garcia is not bothered by Roach's allegations. According to Garcia, his side didn't start the problem. He blames Roach and Pacquiao*for being*the instigating parties of the ongoing verbal war between the two camps.

"What it looks like is that we're getting into their heads a little bit, now. Freddie Roach started out trying to play games, and now, everything is turning around. Freddie can say whatever he wants, but they're the ones who started that whole thing any way," said Garcia.

Margarito: I'm Confident, Pacquiao is Getting Knocked Out

Antonio Margarito is only a few days away before he steps in the ring on Saturday night against Manny Pacquiao at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The vacant WBC junior middleweight title will be on the line.

A win over Pacquiao would restore his career and once again make him one of the premier fighters in the sport.

"I feel no pressure at all. I'm going to go in and do what I always do. To go in there and give everyone a great fight. I'm very confident in my preparation for this fight. It was my best ever. I'm very confident that everything is going to work out great. I've said this before, I feel so strong right now. I feel strong enough to knock him out," Margarito said.

"I feel comfortable, confident. My training camp has been going well. We should come out with a win."

Photos: Pacquiao, Margarito Face To Face at Final Presser

Roach Wanted To Fight Over Video: 'I Hate Margarito, Rios'

The verbal war between the camps of Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margairto has become vicious. Week by week, the two sides have turned up the tempo with their insults and allegations, but on Tuesday a video appeared on Fanhouse which many believe crossed the line. The video showed Margarito and his stablemate, unbeaten lightweight Brandon Rios, poking fun at Roach, who is battling Parkinson's disease.

During the two-minute mark of the video, Margarito moans, "Oh, Freddie Roach," extends his arms out slightly in front of him, appears to briefly shake his hands and then tilt his head slightly to the left. Then the*camera then*heads to*Rios, who also tilts his head slightly, appears to be acting as if he is having difficulty speaking and contorts his face. "Hey," says Margarito and Rios' trainer, Robert Garcia, "that's Freddie Roach right there," as he points at Rios.

Roach was so angered by the video that he barely slept on Tuesday night and was ready to hit to the streets for some justice against Margarito and Rios.

"I got a lot of calls, and there were a lot of people that said that there was a video out there making fun of me," said*Roach. "Well, I don't have a computer with me, so my assistant brought it over to me. I had trouble sleeping last night. I wanted to fight these guys. I know I'm too old and I can't beat them up. I hate these guys."

[Flash: 6DrlrjXHKdw]

Pacman. Even with the loaded gloves, paquiao would surely beat him.

Weights: Manny Pacquiao 144.6, Antonio Margarito 150

The weights are in for the biggest boxing event of the year. On Saturday night at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito will clash for the vacant WBC junior middlweight title. The first fighter on the scale was Margarito, who uywas shredded to death and made the catch-weight of 150-pounds on the nose. Pacquiao came on next, not as cut as Margarito, and weighed closer to a junior welterweight at 144.6-pounds.

Photos: Manny Pacquiao, Antonio Margarito Make Weight

I wish I could watch this. I might have to see if a Champs or somewhere has it for free if I buy cocktails. Manny is up against it though at his weight disadvantage.

I have to go with Manny. I watch a show on him last week and his life story is pretty amazing.

Was it the 60 minutes special?

Some stats...

Punchstats vs. Joshua Clottey
Pacquiao/Margarito
246 - Landed - 337
1231 - Thrown - 1675

Punchstats vs. Miguel Cotto
Pacquiao/Margarito
336 - Landed - 267
780 - Thrown - 987

We could have an upset here fellas. I've been watching HBO's 24/7 Pacquiao/Margarito and Pacquiao just doesn't seem to have his head in this fight. His trainer Freddie Roach has said that this has been the worst training camp ever for Pacquiao. Pacquiao is now a congressman over in the Philippines and he has said that Boxing isn't his number one priority.

Here's a list of broadcasters for tonight:

USA: HBO PPV
Australia: Main Event
Hungary: Sport 1
UK: SKY
Mexico: Azteca
Denmark: TV2 Sport
Poland: PolSat Sport Extra

Anyone watching Haye/Harrison feel free to post here

We could have an upset here fellas. I've been watching HBO's 24/7 Pacquiao/Margarito and Pacquiao just doesn't seem to have his head in this fight. His trainer Freddie Roach has said that this has been the worst training camp ever for Pacquiao. Pacquiao is now a congressman over in the Philippines and he has said that Boxing isn't his number one priority.

I've been watching as well and Roach has be en vocal about Pac's lack of weight and training. I still think Manny is one of my favorite brawlers of all time. :hatsoff: He's just a cool mufucka. :cool:

Here's a list of broadcasters for tonight:

USA: HBO PPV
Australia: Main Event
Hungary: Sport 1
UK: SKY
Mexico: Azteca
Denmark: TV2 Sport
Poland: PolSat Sport Extra

Anyone watching Haye/Harrison feel free to post here

But it's a re-run next week on HBO, right? Because I could slide by the folks house to catch the brawl because they have HBO, but I think it will be next week re-run. I look forward to seeing this brawl either way.

Damn, just wish the pirate box days were still around. :o