• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL'13/'14 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The preseason is about to start. I feel a small tingle in my my penis. I'll be fully turgeod by October.

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
I can't even call Shanny's "suspension" of Kessel a slap on the wrist ... it was more like a pinch! :facepalm:

Season's been underway for two days now, but the real season starts tonight when the bruins take on the lightning, a new division rival (still WTF'ing over the realignment).

Does anyone even post on this board anymore? I think pretty much everyone fled. HFBoards is where it's at for hockey talk. It's fucking ridiculous how much action that forum gets.

Does anyone even post on this board anymore? I think pretty much everyone fled. HFBoards is where it's at for hockey talk. It's fucking ridiculous how much action that forum gets.

Meh, you can't really be casual on HF. Everyone wants to debate corsi and shit, and you can't shit talk, because it always become mean shit talk, not friendly "your team sucks" "no YOUR team sucks" shit talk.

Oh, and Bruins win. Rask still great, Bergeron still the man, Chara still tall.

Alright, Imma do a (somewhat late) prediction post:

Eastern Conference:

1. Pittsburgh (Metropolitan (what a stupid name) Division winner) - I see a return to form for Marc-Andre Fleury (at least in the regular season) and I don't need to talk about how stacked the rest of this team is.
2. Detroit (Atlantic Division winner) - the addition of Stephen Weiss could be really big; he's a very good player and he's been stuck will lack-lustre linemates in Florida for his whole career. Also, the addition of Daniel Alfredsson could inspire the team to fight even harder to do well and provide him with his first Stanley Cup. Also, the move to the Eastern Conference and the reduction of travel should benefit them as well. They could be a beast to watch out for.
3. Boston (second in Atlantic Division (meaning they will play whoever finishes third in the Atlantic Division in the first round of the playoffs) - they lost Tyler Seguin and Nathan Horton, but they added Loui Eriksson and Jarome Iginla (and I think in terms of a single season outlook, they actually got the better part of the trade with Dallas; although for a future outlook, maybe not). Tuukka Rask is amazing.
4. Washington (second in the Metropolitan Division (meaning they will play whoever finishes third in the Metropolitan Division in the first round of the playoffs) - An offensive juggernaut team. Let's see how Braden Holtby holds up (I don't think he's that good).
5. New York Rangers (third in the Metropolitan Division) - they may not score much, but their defence and goaltending may be second-to-none.
6. Toronto (third in the Atlantic Division) - Phil Kessel is still pretty disrespected and in my opinion he's one of the ten best scorers in the league. I see Jonathan Bernier taking the starting job away from James Reimer before long and running with it.
7. Montreal (first "wild card" team (meaning they will play the division winner with the fewest points of the two division winners) - a lot of young talent on this team.
8. Ottawa - (second "wild card" team (meaning they will play the division winner with the most points of the two division winners) - Craig Anderson could be the difference-maker, and if he is as good as he was last season before he got injured then the sky is the limit for this team.

Non-playoff teams worth mentioning:

Philadelphia - goaltending is too bad, but they have a good team besides.
Carolina - Cam Ward just isn't as good as we all thought he was.
Columbus - don't expect Sergei Bobrovsky to repeat last season.
Tampa Bay - goaltending again.
New Jersey - I'd say this is the best team in the East whom I did not predict to make the playoffs.
New York Islanders - I don't know what to make of them.

Western Conference:

1. Chicago (Central Division winner) - such a good all-around team. I expect Corey Crawford to be stellar once again.
2. San Jose (Pacific Division winner) - just look at this team, they're stacked. I expect Logan Couture to have a stellar season. Antti Niemi is awesome. Brent Burns is gonna be great as a forward. And the expectations don't seem to be too high for this team anymore.
3. Los Angeles (second in Pacific Division (meaning they will play whoever finishes third in the Pacific Division in the first round of the playoffs) - Bernier was a minor distraction and he's gone now. I expect better seasons from Mike Richards and Drew Doughty and the team in general (who underperformed last season).
4. Vancouver (third in Pacific Division (meaning they will play whoever finishes second in the Pacific Division in the first round of the playoffs) - I think the expectations are kinda low for them; they're still a really good team. Corey Schneider is gone, so that giant distraction has been dealt with, and even though I think Schneider is the superior goaltender, Roberto Luongo is still an above-average (though still wildly overrated) starting goaltender in the NHL, so this team should fare well.
5. St. Louis (second in the Central Division (meaning they will play whoever finishes third in the Central Division in the first round of the playoffs) - they are considered to be the Stanley Cup favourite right now, and I can see why; their depth of forwards is amazing. We'll see how their goaltending fares, but I do see this team making a deep playoff run (probably to the Conference Finals).
6. Dallas (third in the Central Division (meaning they will play whoever finishes second in the division in the first round of the playoffs) - I think this displays the weakness of the division (it is only six teams and Detroit is not one of them) and the conference (it is only fourteen teams and Detroit is not one of them).
7. Anaheim (first "wild card" team (meaning they will face the division winner with the fewest points of the two division winners)
8. Nashville (second "wild card" team (meaning they will face the division winner with the most points of the two division winners) - weak conference

Non-playoff teams worth mentioning:

Edmonton - obviously worth mentioning... can't make playoffs with Devan Dubnyk as your starting goaltender (he's the worst starter I've ever seen for the Oilers and that is saying something, let me tell you) and the organization is committed to giving him the job (fools).
Winnipeg - I think this depends on goaltending as well; if Ondrej Pavelec is good, they could make they playoffs.
Phoenix - has as good a chance as Nashville of making playoffs, in my opinion. Mike Smith should return to form and I expect a monster season from Radim Vrbata.

Hart Memorial Trophy - Pavel Datsyuk (DET) - it's about time this guy won this trophy.
Vezina Trophy - Tuukka Rask (BOS)
James Norris Memorial Trophy - Duncan Keith (CHI) - but this is a crapshoot at this point.
Calder Memorial Trophy - Aleksander Barkov (FLA)
Frank J. Selke Trophy - Pavel Datsyuk (DET)
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy - who cares?
Jack Adams Award - Barry Trotz (NAS)
Art Ross Trophy - Sidney Crosby (PIT)
Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy - Alexander Ovechkin (WAS)
Presidents' Trophy - Pittsburgh

Stanley Cup Finals - Los Angeles over Pittsburgh
Conn Smythe Trophy - Drew Doughty (LAK)

Meh, you can't really be casual on HF. Everyone wants to debate corsi and shit, and you can't shit talk, because it always become mean shit talk, not friendly "your team sucks" "no YOUR team sucks" shit talk.

Oh, and Bruins win. Rask still great, Bergeron still the man, Chara still tall.

Yeah they're hardcore on HF boards. I got banned for three months from the Wild section there for criticizing their name. lol

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
Holmgren fires Laviolette ... but replaces him with Craig Berube. It's 2013 ... is that an improvement? :dunno:

And the longest tenured coach of the four Philadelphia pro teams is now ... Chip Kelly. :facepalm:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
The lack of hockey discussion on this forum disturbs me.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Yeah they're hardcore on HF boards. I got banned for three months from the Wild section there for criticizing their name. lol

Yeah, a bit too hardcore for my tastes. As a Blues fan, I had the audacity to put up a post criticizing Dustin Brown for a cheap shot during the Blues-Kings playoff series last year on the Kings' board and I was literally eaten alive, including being sent a PM from the moderator telling me that the Kings board is for Kings fans only and for me to stay away. That was it for me and I haven't posted there since.

Blues looking pretty good so far this year, BTW. Looks like Halak is back to form, we're playing great defense and Hitch can roll 4 lines consistently and get production from all of them. It's way early yet but so far I am encouraged.

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
At today's Veterans' Day matinee in Boston :(

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
^ Apparently Stamkos suffered a broken tibia. A huge loss for the Lightning and Canada's Olympic team.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
B's fan, but living in SW Florida I watch a lot of 'Ning games. Hated seeing him get hurt. TB was off to a great start, even beating Detroit in Joe Louis for the first time since the before Y2K

Anyone been paying attention to the season from hell in Edmonton? It just gets better as apparently Larionov, Yakupov's agent is going to stop by and see why his client is being treated the way he is and has said that he's open to a trade.

Anyone been paying attention to the season from hell in Edmonton? It just gets better as apparently Larionov, Yakupov's agent is going to stop by and see why his client is being treated the way he is and has said that he's open to a trade.

Yeah, and we traded Smid to the Flames for nothing (a pure salary dump). And we've signed Ilya Bryzgalov. Pure desperation on that move. It has been incredibly difficult to be an Oilers fan for the past eight years and especially this season...

P.S. Nail Yakupov is the worst utilized player in the NHL. We have completely misused him in his short career thus far.

P.P.S. Craig MacTavish is a brutally terrible GM.

Jagger69

Man, what a shame.....he's a terrific hockey player. In the video it didn't elaborate much but it appeared that he hit his right shin against the post. Damn....I though the post was designed to give way in order to prevent such accidents. Either way, I wish him a speedy and complete recovery....he's a fun player to watch.

Yeah, a bit too hardcore for my tastes. As a Blues fan, I had the audacity to put up a post criticizing Dustin Brown for a cheap shot during the Blues-Kings playoff series last year on the Kings' board and I was literally eaten alive, including being sent a PM from the moderator telling me that the Kings board is for Kings fans only and for me to stay away. That was it for me and I haven't posted there since.

Blues looking pretty good so far this year, BTW. Looks like Halak is back to form, we're playing great defense and Hitch can roll 4 lines consistently and get production from all of them. It's way early yet but so far I am encouraged.
The moderators there are so power hungry it's crazy.

I love it. All those #1s and top picks they have and they shit the bed ugly year after year. No offense to you, rod (seriously).

The Wild are off to their best start in franchise history. I have to say I had/have them as a bubble team to the post season but to see them win six of their last seven even with some ugly injuries to Coyle, Brodin and Ballard, it's nice. Our goalie tandem is once again one of the best in the league which has a lot to do with it. And Pominville has been tremendous. Pominville needs to be on USA's Sochi squad at this pace, despite his snub in their original invites.

Jagger69

Anyone see this in the Leafs-Wild game last night? Who is this Kadri guy? Is this his first time ever playing hockey? The dude committed two flagrant major penalties in the same game and wound up being tossed (and justifiably so). First, he rips through the crease and tries to take out Backstrom with a forearm to the head. Then, he uses the glass to smash Granlund's head against by using his upper body and shoulder. A pretty stiff suspension would be in the offing I would think. Maybe he needs to brush up on the rules of the game before he laces up his skates again. Sounds like he'll have time to catch up on his reading soon. :1orglaugh

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...high-hits-to-niklas-backstrom-mikael-granlund

Sidenote: I only follow the Wild since they have so many players who are ex-Aeros (Coyle, Brodin, Granlund, McMillan etc). Truth be told, they are serious enemies of the Blues so I must therefore root for their demise but I do hope the aforementioned players perform well....in a gallant but losing effort! :D

Kadri just got a three game suspension.

I'm not sure which hit was worse but I would probably say the Granlund one. Wild needed Konopka or someone to put him through the boards but it was such a tight game I guess they felt they couldn't risk it. Don't think we see the Leafs again this year either.

Status
Not open for further replies.