• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '10/'11 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Boo Ya Oilers! How bout Omarks beauty! Love the attitude he has!

And now that the Oilers are winning the fans start returning. :tongue:

Mauser98k

Closed Account
i was thinking about it last night and the answer to our goaltending issues may not be so far away. in fact, he's right there in Florida; Tomas Vokoun.

he's in his last year as a Panther, he's an unbelievable goaltender who has a bad team in front of him. the Panthers give up MANY more shots per game than the Lightning do and Vokoun can be counted on to keep most of them out of the net. the guy routinely makes 30+ saves a night. he's got a 2.45 GAA and a SV% of .921.

i'd love it if he ended up in Tampa.

Boo Ya Oilers! How bout Omarks beauty! Love the attitude he has!

And I love O'Marra. I've loved him every time I've seen him play. He's big, he's physical, and he has skills on offence. He's better than Brule and Cogliano, he should be in the lineup permanently, not them.

And I love O'Marra. I've loved him every time I've seen him play. He's big, he's physical, and he has skills on offence. He's better than Brule and Cogliano, he should be in the lineup permanently, not them.

I like Cogs, but boy does he ever have awful hands. Brule I enjoy becaue he is pretty physical and can seem to win a faceoff if Renney would ever play him more often at center. I would def take O'marra over Cogs, and probably Brule as well. How are you liking Penners play recently? Alot better, same with Gilbert. What did you think of the jackass comments made by the Lightning players about Omark?

PlasmaTwa2

i was thinking about it last night and the answer to our goaltending issues may not be so far away. in fact, he's right there in Florida; Tomas Vokoun.

he's in his last year as a Panther, he's an unbelievable goaltender who has a bad team in front of him. the Panthers give up MANY more shots per game than the Lightning do and Vokoun can be counted on to keep most of them out of the net. the guy routinely makes 30+ saves a night. he's got a 2.45 GAA and a SV% of .921.

I doubt Florida will allow his contract to run out. They'll be looking to trade him. What are you willing to give up for a top five goalie?

This summer there will be 2 very good unrestricted free agent goalies Vokoun is one of them and the other one is Ilya Bryzgalov. I don't think phoenix will let Bryzgalov go but if he was available I think the bolts should really try to get him. My second choice would definitely be Vokoun.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
I doubt Florida will allow his contract to run out. They'll be looking to trade him. What are you willing to give up for a top five goalie?

Jedi Yzerman could get it done. :)

This summer there will be 2 very good unrestricted free agent goalies Vokoun is one of them and the other one is Ilya Bryzgalov. I don't think phoenix will let Bryzgalov go but if he was available I think the bolts should really try to get him. My second choice would definitely be Vokoun.

the only problem with that statement is "this summer". we need a new name in net ASAP.

PlasmaTwa2

Don't count on Bryz. He'll be locked up before the season is over. There is no way Phoenix will let their best player go when they are this close to becoming somewhat stable.

Jedi Yzerman could get it done. :)

Voukoun for Vinny!

Jon S.

Banned
Is there a hotter team in the NHL right now than the Penguins? What Fleury (Pens fans are finally showing "flower" the love, after wanting to murder him earlier in the season), Sid, and company are doing is amazing. They went from 9-8 to 20-8, and the best record in the league! Anyone think they can match or beat the NHL record of 17 straight wins (also held by the Pens)? They have 12 right now, but the next game is against the Flyers, and I believe the 17th win would have to come against the Caps! That's kind of a tough road, but the way they have been playing, who knows! What's even more amazing is that they have been doing it without Geno (Malkin) for periods and Jordan (Staal) for most of the ride! When Geno and Jordan are healthy, I think the Pens are definitely a front runner for the Cup (assuming Fleury keeps playing like he has been recently)!

On a related note......is Mike Lange the best broadcaster in the game or what? I wish FSN Pittsburgh wouldn't have been so damned cheap that they let him go a few years ago to save money. At least the Penguins hired him to do radio for the team! Anyone who has listened to his broadcasts knows that his "Langeisms" rock! I actually had the privilege of doing some play by play with Mike Lange at the Penguins carnival in the early 90's & I still have the tape (really funny stuff, Mike was really cool, and it was a blast)!

I'm probably the only die-hard hockey fan in the deep south....nice to see there are some smart sports fans that appreciate hockey in here!

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Tampa beat Vancouver in OT 5 - 4. no thanks to Dan Ellis.

Kevin Weekes even said that if this were any other team one of the goalies would have been sent to the AHL and the other to the ECHL.

that's what needs to happen. these guys are awful.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Tampa beat Vancouver in OT 5 - 4. no thanks to Dan Ellis.

Kevin Weekes even said that if this were any other team one of the goalies would have been sent to the AHL and the other to the ECHL.

that's what needs to happen. these guys are awful.

I am not a TB fan and as much as I read the TB faithfuls posts regarding TB's situation, especially when it comes to there goalies, do you think that its got anything to do with the overall DEFENSE of the team, maybe they don't have a good defensive scheme, maybe they don't have enough talent / experience on defense? :dunno:

I am not asking to be sarcastic or a smart ass, I'm not familiar with TB's roster, other then a couple of the big time stars they have... Could it maybe they have a suck-a$$ goaltending coach? I thought Ellis and Smith have both been reliable starters @ some point in their careers haven't they?

I just can't and don't understand why neither can get the job done on a regular basis, I am surprised Yzerman hasn't pulled the trigger on a trade for a top notch goaltender yet, I bet you guys are kicking yourselves in the A$$ for not plucking Tim Thomas out of Boston before he suddenly became a resurrected phenom huh.
:2 cents:

Mauser98k

Closed Account
I am not a TB fan and as much as I read the TB faithfuls posts regarding TB's situation, especially when it comes to there goalies, do you think that its got anything to do with the overall DEFENSE of the team, maybe they don't have a good defensive scheme, maybe they don't have enough talent / experience on defense? :dunno:

I am not asking to be sarcastic or a smart ass, I'm not familiar with TB's roster, other then a couple of the big time stars they have... Could it maybe they have a suck-a$$ goaltending coach? I thought Ellis and Smith have both been reliable starters @ some point in their careers haven't they?

I just can't and don't understand why neither can get the job done on a regular basis, I am surprised Yzerman hasn't pulled the trigger on a trade for a top notch goaltender yet, I bet you guys are kicking yourselves in the A$$ for not plucking Tim Thomas out of Boston before he suddenly became a resurrected phenom huh.
:2 cents:

it's not the defense. we allow the 2nd fewest shots per game in the league. the ones that Smith and Ellis have been letting in recently have been soft ones. they don't make key saves at crucial points, they're both terrible at stopping breakaways (with Ellis actually being able to stop them occasionally while Smith couldn't stop it if the puck were thrown at him), and they're letting goals in about 1 in every 6 or 7 shots at best. they're just flat out not good.

i don't know why they're not good, but they're not. hopefully Yzerman, who recently said he's still got faith in Ellis and Smith, will realize they're not working out and get somebody new.

i wanted Thomas but he's getting 5 million per season and that was WAY more than we were looking to spend. we let Niittymaki go and he is only getting 2 million per year in San Jose.

Lecavalier's contract is an awful monster and Stamkos is going to need to be resigned this year with Hedman needing resigned next year. Yzerman is a smart man, he knows what we can and can't spend, but hopefully he can clear up a little cap space again for some improvement in net.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
it's not the defense. we allow the 2nd fewest shots per game in the league. the ones that Smith and Ellis have been letting in recently have been soft ones. they don't make key saves at crucial points, they're both terrible at stopping breakaways (with Ellis actually being able to stop them occasionally while Smith couldn't stop it if the puck were thrown at him), and they're letting goals in about 1 in every 6 or 7 shots at best. they're just flat out not good.

i don't know why they're not good, but they're not. hopefully Yzerman, who recently said he's still got faith in Ellis and Smith, will realize they're not working out and get somebody new.

i wanted Thomas but he's getting 5 million per season and that was WAY more than we were looking to spend. we let Niittymaki go and he is only getting 2 million per year in San Jose.

Lecavalier's contract is an awful monster and Stamkos is going to need to be resigned this year with Hedman needing resigned next year. Yzerman is a smart man, he knows what we can and can't spend, but hopefully he can clear up a little cap space again for some improvement in net.

I see, you guys are in a tough spot in regards to making roster decisions, it looks like they will have to trade Vinny after all, unless King Yzerman can pull off some kind of major miracle.. goodluck with that. I am still pissed Yzerman left the Wings. :D not pissed, I can't really find the right words to describe it, more like cheated.. but I know it was Yzermans choice.. and I have no hard feelings, I still gots mad love for Stevie Y... :glugglug::hatsoff:

Mauser98k

Closed Account
no, we're not gonna trade Lecavalier. besides, he has the no trade clause.

Yzerman got rid of Matt Walker and Andrej Mezsaros' god awful contracts. he can find room some other way.

I see, you guys are in a tough spot in regards to making roster decisions, it looks like they will have to trade Vinny after all, unless King Yzerman can pull off some kind of major miracle.. goodluck with that. I am still pissed Yzerman left the Wings. :D not pissed, I can't really find the right words to describe it, more like cheated.. but I know it was Yzermans choice.. and I have no hard feelings, I still gots mad love for Stevie Y... :glugglug::hatsoff:

I'm sure Stevie Y would've wanted to stay with the Red Wings organization if he could have, but he was probably the most sought after man to hire as GM and it was his time to move up, but the Red Wings have Ken Holland under contract for a while and doing a good job, so if Yzerman was going to get his opportunity it was going to have to be elsewhere. Just a victim of unfortunate circumstance. Actually, it's kind of victimless because the Lightning get an excellent GM, the Red Wings still have an excellent GM, and Yzerman gets to move up. So everyone wins, actually. But I understand why Yzerman going from the Red Wings organization to another would be tough to swallow for Red Wings fans.

no, we're not gonna trade Lecavalier. besides, he has the no trade clause.

Yzerman got rid of Matt Walker and Andrej Mezsaros' god awful contracts. he can find room some other way.

The problem is that no one would want Lecavalier. The no trade clause is just an additional problem to have to deal with. If Yzerman could find a team to take him, I'm sure he'd welcome it. He's still the highest paid player in the NHL and the seventh-highest cap hit in the NHL. I don't see too many teams jumping at the opportunity to trade for a player who will cost them that much and who's best years are behind him. He is nowhere near worth the $10 million he's making.

I like Cogs, but boy does he ever have awful hands. Brule I enjoy becaue he is pretty physical and can seem to win a faceoff if Renney would ever play him more often at center. I would def take O'marra over Cogs, and probably Brule as well. How are you liking Penners play recently? Alot better, same with Gilbert. What did you think of the jackass comments made by the Lightning players about Omark?

Cogliano has one skill: skating. He is The Flash on skates, but I don't get why he's in the NHL. NHL players should have more than just skating ability. Penner has turned it around, 10 points in his last eleven games, and more fight, which is what I saw from him last season and have been sorely missing. I still can't stand Tom Gilbert. He will have to maintain a LONG streak of reliable puck-handling before I reverse my feelings toward him.

As for some of the Lightning players' asinine comments, Greg Wyshynski said it all for me, yet again:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Oilers-Linus-Omark-dazzles-in-shootout-?urn=nhl-294547

I especially like the point he makes about how the initial spin-o-rama move by Omark took Ryan Ellis out of position. He's absolutely right. Talk about sour grapes. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.