• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Letterman over the line on Palin daughter?

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
Yes, it was way over the line!

Could you imagine the liberal media outrage that would be happening right now if someone made a hateful comment about B.O.'s daughters.

Yes, it was way over the line!

Could you imagine the liberal media outrage that would be happening right now if someone made a hateful comment about B.O.'s daughters.

Did you ever hear what Rush said about Chelsea Clinton..or Senator McCain said about Chelsea Clinton???

The whole thing is a ridiculous reach for Dave & Authors, I mean, did palin make some grand appearance at this ball game ? You know, the chaufered, body guarded up, black Caddy Escalade with bright painted lettering on the side reading, "Sarah Palin • I'M HERE" Roll out the red carpet :rolleyes:
So BFD, the woman is at a ball game in New York with her daughter :dunno: Why the fuck should we have to know about it ?

I only caught a glance of her--was she wearing a Yankees cap? I think she was sitting in the $2000/seat Richie Rich seats behind home plate, right? The ones that even the New York faithful can't afford to buy:dunno: Did the people of Alaska buy those Yankee tix? Should we *investigate* that?

Did you ever hear what Rush said about Chelsea Clinton..or Senator McCain said about Chelsea Clinton???

Republicans always need to be *reminded* when they do something nasty and wicked. They are, afterall, the "moral conscious of America" :rolleyes::1orglaugh

I believe First Lady Clinton reprimanded Rush, at the time, but this was pre-Youtube so we don't have the vid.

Palin was on the Today show this morning. She insists that there's no other way to interpret Dave's joke as meaning anything other than the statutory rape of a 14 year old girl.

However...when asked if the comment from her camp about how they need to keep the 14 year old away from creepy old man Letterman was maybe also over the line, she insists there are several ways of interpreting that and of course the meaning that was intended was the meaning that was not suggesting Dave is a pedophile and therefore everyone should just drop it.

Can you say "hypocrisy."

:cool:

What would have happened to Letterman if he had made a joke like that about one of Obama's daughters?

He would get in trouble. Because unlike Sarah Palins daughter, Obama's daughters are underage, and have never been knocked up by a retarded redneck.

The joke wasn't over the line. And Letterman's "apology" wasn't even sincere. It was just him taking another jab at the Palin family. Who you have to admit, are easy targets for a late night talk show host.

Palin was on the Today show this morning. She insists that there's no other way to interpret Dave's joke as meaning anything other than the statutory rape of a 14 year old girl.

However...when asked if the comment from her camp about how they need to keep the 14 year old away from creepy old man Letterman was maybe also over the line, she insists there are several ways of interpreting that and of course the meaning that was intended was the meaning that was not suggesting Dave is a pedophile and therefore everyone should just drop it.

Can you say "hypocrisy."

I saw that interview. The Palin family really needs to go far far away and never come back. Their 15 minutes are up.

Dave made an error in poking fun at Palin's kid....and not Palin herself. That being said Palin is trying to get a some sort of national movement againt Dave and she is just setting herself up for more failure. Let it go.

He made a joke about an adult girl (who got pregnant out of wedlock) getting knocked up again. What's the big deal?

And don't tell me he was talking about the 14 year old. Anyone who thinks he meant anyone other than 18 year old Bristol is too stupid to watch Letterman.

Right on the money.

AMERICA NEEDS TO STOP BEING SESITIVE.....ITS A JOKE....A JOKE....A FUCKING JOKE....if you dont realize the key word in here its JOKE...did it hurt anyone? NO..id idnt even know about ti till now which means noone cares...thats just my two cents...not to be rude ...

While perhaps a bit hyperbolic, I think this may sum up the situation quite well.

dont know what he said, dont care. people need to stfu and get a sense of humour.

Well put.

I saw that interview. The Palin family really needs to go far far away and never come back. Their 15 minutes are up.

Probably the statement in this thread I agree with most. Palin's probably happy it happened so she can stay relevant for another couple of months, but for the love of everything good, stick a sock in her mouth and send her back to Alaska.

I'm not sure why this is being construed as some sort of unethical attack on Palin and her family. Letterman makes jokes on par with this sort of content all the time.

I just want to see where you stand on these things...while it a comedian's right to say this...you would be okay with someone making a joke about Nicole Simpson's murder (for example)?

I can't speak for that individual, but people have been fine with it in the past. Letterman's made jokes about it regularly every time OJ Simpson is in the news.

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/top_ten/index/php/19961120.phtml

Ms Palin gave a fairly measured and calm response on CNN yesterday...she's still a candidate I reckon for 2012 ;)

Ms Palin gave a fairly measured and calm response on CNN yesterday...she's still a candidate I reckon for 2012 ;)

Democrats can only hope to be so lucky as to have GOPers nominate Palin in '12.

You can prepackage and bubble wrap this airhead with talking points only up to a certain point before she starts mangling her thoughts with sentences to nowhere.

She is the female Dan Quayle IMO and only the 22 percenters take her serious IMO. The only reason she is still relevant is because she is something to look at.

GOPers tried their level best to rehabilitate Dan Quayle but in the end..he was just plain old Dan Quayle. This fool was a heartbeat away from the presidency.:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c00_QkXUd8

I can't speak for that individual, but people have been fine with it in the past. Letterman's made jokes about it regularly every time OJ Simpson is in the news.

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/top_ten/index/php/19961120.phtml

No. Those are jokes about O.J. not Nicole....two totally different things. O.J. is a pariah....it's not taboo to joke about him. In fact, it's the opposite.

If someone made a joke about Nicole Simpson and the nature of her murder...I doubt that they could stay on the air.

No. Those are jokes about O.J. not Nicole....two totally different things. O.J. is a pariah....it's not taboo to joke about him. In fact, it's the opposite.

If someone made a joke about Nicole Simpson and the nature of her murder...I doubt that they could stay on the air.

Really?

"O.J. was so distraught over the killings, he kept missing really easy putts."

There's an allusion to Nicole Simpson's murder right there. That joke is of the same degree, if you will, as the Palin joke, that is, both were indirect jokes on the issue.

Really?

"O.J. was so distraught over the killings, he kept missing really easy putts."

There's an allusion to Nicole Simpson's murder right there. That joke is of the same degree, if you will, as the Palin joke, that is, both were indirect jokes on the issue.

No sir. That is a reference to O.J. and his misgivings (feigned distress over the murders, missing putts).

That is not making a direct joke about Nicole Simpson, the nature of her death or the motivation behind her killing.

I could give you examples but out of sheer taste I won't.

No sir. That is a reference to O.J. and his misgivings (feigned distress over the murders, missing putts).

That is not making a direct joke about Nicole Simpson, the nature of her death or the motivation behind her killing.

I could give you examples but out of sheer taste I won't.

The word killing indicates the murder itself, as in, Nicole Simpson.

As I said before, it's not an explicit reference, but the allusion in that joke is the exact same in the Palin joke.

The word killing indicates the murder itself, as in, Nicole Simpson.

As I said before, it's not an explicit reference, but the allusion in that joke is the exact same in the Palin joke.

Again, no sir. Because O.J. himself is the object of ridicule and is joked about because of those killings, that doesn't translate into direct or even proximate jokes about Nicole Simpson or Ron Goldman and their deaths. There have been thousands of mainstream jokes about O.J. as it relates to him being a murderer, etc. and not one has been seriously considered as a joke about Nicole Simpson or Ron Goldman

I would wager that if a mainstream personality made a joke referencing Nicole Simpson and the nature of her killing...their ass wouldn't be on the air for long.

If you can't see that difference we'll have to agree to disagree.