• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Kiss Chris Christie Goodbye As A Presidential Pick

This needs to be watched. And I'll say right here that I'm not a Rachel Maddow viewer. But this should be watched. If you want to cut to the chase, go to the 9:00 mark.

She might have made a quality point, but she decided to go full tilt liberal partisan. Wallace is a hardcore N.J. Democrat, Christie has been trying to get non-Democrats into the judiciary since the beginning of his administration, he nominated an Asian-American, highly qualified judge who was blocked. Something that Maddow didn't want to note, is that the Senate normally confirms Democrats (or sometimes very liberal Republicans when a Repub is in the governor's office) but decides to block Christies.

She makes this all about Christie. In the end, it looks like members of his staff went off the rails.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Has anyone here ever traveled across the GWB? It's a fucking nightmare 24/365. Fort Lee isn't the only way to get over it. 80, 9W, 46, 4, Palisades Parkway, NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway via 80 all filter into it. Closures are constantly going on for various reasons and those roads are also a part of that legislative district. Add to that the backups at the tolls, accidents, bridge work. On the other side is the Cross Bronx and Major Deegan Expressways, Henry Hudson Parkway, Harlem River Drive. Anything happening on that side backs up to the bridge.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
This needs to be watched. And I'll say right here that I'm not a Rachel Maddow viewer. But this should be watched. If you want to cut to the chase, go to the 9:00 mark.

I don't always watch MSNBC, but when I do it's solely for the brilliance of Rachel Maddow.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Reality check:
This is the Mainstream Democrat Controlled Biased Media getting an early start on eliminating a serious competitor to Hillary ' Who cares how they died? Theyre dead" Clinton for the 2016 election.
They know that if a Republican gets in office in 2017 that much of the damage barry has done just may get fixed over time. They don't want that.
to me its sad how they control the thoughts of the majority of Americans and literally decide elections in favor of one party.
Its also damn scary.

and if you look at the history of NJ GOV, there has been pattern of Democrat Governors screwing shit up , then republicans fixing much of it, then democrat, then republican.
Going back to Florio in 90.
Florio D really screwed it up.
Whitman R was pretty good.
McGreevy D screwed it up more ( Then said he was gay and disappeared)
Corzine D really chucked it in the gutter.
Now Christie R has been in there a few years, but the damage is so deep at this point that theres only so much that can be done in so much time.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Has anyone here ever traveled across the GWB? It's a fucking nightmare 24/365. Fort Lee isn't the only way to get over it. 80, 9W, 46, 4, Palisades Parkway, NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway via 80 all filter into it. Closures are constantly going on for various reasons and those roads are also a part of that legislative district. Add to that the backups at the tolls, accidents, bridge work. On the other side is the Cross Bronx and Major Deegan Expressways, Henry Hudson Parkway, Harlem River Drive. Anything happening on that side backs up to the bridge.

Boy ain't that the fuckin' truth?! I often have to fly to NY and absolutely despise it when the lowest fare is into EWR since that invariably means dealing with the GWB if I want to go into Westchester County. Typically, I'll be willing to pay a little more if the flight is into LGA or even JFK just to avoid that horrendous clusterfuck and take either the Whitestone or Throg's Neck up and around Long Island Sound.

Reality check:
This is the Mainstream Democrat Controlled Biased Media getting an early start on eliminating a serious competitor to Hillary ' Who cares how they died? Theyre dead" Clinton for the 2016 election.
They know that if a Republican gets in office in 2017 that much of the damage barry has done just may get fixed over time. They don't want that.
to me its sad how they control the thoughts of the majority of Americans and literally decide elections in favor of one party.
Its also damn scary.

and if you look at the history of NJ GOV, there has been pattern of Democrat Governors screwing shit up , then republicans fixing much of it, then democrat, then republican.
Now Christie R has been in there a few years, but the damage is so deep at this point that theres only so much that can be done in so much time.

Exactly. Christie hasn't gotten much done in office because the Democrats who control the state have decided to wait him out rather than go along to fix the problems. Why? Because they care more about power and keeping it than doing their jobs. They know that a lot of their votes come the same vested interests that are dragging the state down. If they vote against their base, they will be out.

Mayhem

Banned
Reality check:
Its also damn scary.

First of all, if you're going to quote someone, either quote them accurately or don't do it at all.
The "damage" the President has "done" is no more than your biased interpretation, which you're not backing up with facts.
Again, you like to contradict yourself all in one post. If the mind-control of the liberal media is so complete, explain how Bush II served two of the most disastrous terms in American history. And explain how the GOP overcame the deadly liberal mind control machine to have the majority of one of two legislative branches. You keep trying to have it both ways, but we're not going to let you.

Your Party vindictively fucked over the real Americans that you guys keep yammering about. Your Party kept people from getting to work, getting to school and getting the first responder assistance that they needed. This isn't conjecture. Christie admitted it himself.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Exactly. Obama hasn't gotten much done in office because the Republicans who control the House have decided to wait him out rather than go along to fix the problems. Why? Because they care more about power and keeping it than doing their jobs. They know that a lot of their votes come the same vested interests that are dragging the nation down. If they vote against their base, they will be out.

I just did that for shits & giggles - and I had to change so few words to make the point.

Mayhem

Banned
Originally Posted by BioDefenseGrad

Exactly. Obama hasn't gotten much done in office because the Republicans who control the House have decided to wait him out rather than go along to fix the problems. Why? Because they care more about power and keeping it than doing their jobs. They know that a lot of their votes come the same vested interests that are dragging the nation down. If they vote against their base, they will be out.

I just did that for shits & giggles - and I had to change so few words to make the point.

This is much more than shits and giggles. It's well established fact that the Tea Party would rather screw over the country than lose a Primary.

Oh yeah. Years ago I was dating this girl from somewhere north of Wayne, NJ. I spent the weekend after Thanksgiving at her place, then headed back home to Long Island. I was out Route 80 when it the blood finally came back to my brain and I realized I was an idiot. 4 hours to get home across the GWB. (Can't say it wasn't worth it though)

For anybody that's actually stupid enough to think that Christie wasn't involved in this or at least didn't have knowledge of it, I have a closed down bridge to sell you.

For anybody that's actually stupid enough to think that Christie wasn't involved in this or at least didn't have knowledge of it, I have a closed down bridge to sell you.

Sure he had knowledge of it. His ego is larger than his waist line. I hope he goes down in flames, that fat fuck.

And for those who think a Christie downfall all but assures a Hillary presidency - there's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip.

But I still bet on Hillary. I have that little faith in the american illiter ...err.. electorate.

Jagger69

I like Christie. Unless it is definitely proven that he directed his subordinates to take these actions, I'm letting him off the hook. The fact that he is fat is as irrelevant to the argument as the fact that Obama is black. I know some extremely talented and gifted people who are overweight. It's bigoted and extremely prejudicial to bring his weight into the equation.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Show me a politician who doesn't have some skeletons in the closet or hasn't pissed off a bunch of people and I will show you an ineffective politician. this bridge thing sounds like some petty bullshit a staffer did. Let's say Christie did know about it, is he any different than a senator who bullies a junior senator into voting a certain way? Depending on the legislation, millions could be affected by the vote while thousands were screwed by the traffic. Christie got out of line with the GOP and this is their way to knock him down. OR, the Dems are leery and are looking to stem his popularity. Remember when Marco Rubio was the media darling? those five minutes went fast.

The fact that he is fat is as irrelevant to the argument as the fact that Obama is black. I know some extremely talented and gifted people who are overweight. It's bigoted and extremely prejudicial to bring his weight into the equation.

You're absolutely right and I apologize. I was searching for a simile to describe his ego and went with the obvious. But yeah, it's totally irrelevant.

Thankfully, that's as belligerent drunk as I get - posting stupid shit on a political forum. It's not an excuse, I know, but a mitigating factor.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Show me a politician who doesn't have some skeletons in the closet or hasn't pissed off a bunch of people and I will show you an ineffective politician. this bridge thing sounds like some petty bullshit a staffer did. Let's say Christie did know about it, is he any different than a senator who bullies a junior senator into voting a certain way? Depending on the legislation, millions could be affected by the vote while thousands were screwed by the traffic. Christie got out of line with the GOP and this is their way to knock him down. OR, the Dems are leery and are looking to stem his popularity. Remember when Marco Rubio was the media darling? those five minutes went fast.

Smoking guns and skeletons may or may not pop up. One thing is for sure, he isn't afraid to piss people off. When hurricane Sandy was coming, he sent an executive order to evacuate the place and was sending resources to clear out. The Mayor decided to have people stay and set up a shelter in a school 1 block from the boardwalk. The city flooded and so did the shelter. Christie blasted this Mayor publicly like that shitty boss at work. He also calls out legislators by name when they are fucking up.

Mayhem

Banned
For the moment I am treating this as a mismanagement issue. Too many people, too close to the top were directly involved in this. If you make choices this monumentally bad in your key staff positions you should be held accountable.

And again guys, maybe I wouldn't be so eager to jump at these people if they weren't constantly yammering about how they and only they know about "real" America and "real" Americans.

Jagger69

You're absolutely right and I apologize. I was searching for a simile to describe his ego and went with the obvious. But yeah, it's totally irrelevant.

Thankfully, that's as belligerent drunk as I get - posting stupid shit on a political forum. It's not an excuse, I know, but a mitigating factor.

LOL....drunk pass granted. I've been there meself. :drunk::beer:

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
For the moment I am treating this as a mismanagement issue. Too many people, too close to the top were directly involved in this. If you make choices this monumentally bad in your key staff positions you should be held accountable.

And again guys, maybe I wouldn't be so eager to jump at these people if they weren't constantly yammering about how they and only they know about "real" America and "real" Americans.

I live in the district where our congressman promoted himself as one of the people and not a politician then got busted for buying an 8-ball in DC. He was big on the family values issue too. Fucking hypocrite. I don't see Christie as a hypocrite, but I also don't live there or follow too closely.