• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Has anyone checked out Caprica?

The only thing that can save the show is if they go in-depth on the different colonies and show how they interact.

They touched on it in the BSG series, but did not go in-depth.

JayJohn85

Banned
Should check out the plan....Little tribute video love the theme music

Reactions: drf
Should check out the plan....Little tribute video love the theme music
I got The Plan on DVD about a month ago. I was pretty impressed the opening scenes when The Colonies were nuked and the Centuarians slaughtering the survivors of the initial attack; that were pretty disturbing. The theme to The Plan I really loved, Bear McCreary is an amazing composer.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
^
I liked his version of "All Along the Watchtower"
This is freaktastic sick....

That's one of my favorite songs of all time. I like how they used bits & pieces of it with different characters, and then tied it all together near the end. Great writing there! Great plot device!

Rey C.

Something (major) that I'm having a problem with in this show. Let's say you were a parent, and you had a child who'd recently been killed in a terrorist attack. If some strange woman approached you during a rally for the dead, and she gave you something that made you question your daughter's involvement... would you instantly climb to the podium and announce to the crowd that you thought that your daughter was a terrorist? :rolleyes:

With any sci-fi, there's always that need for suspension of disbelief. But this wasn't about sci-fi, just a basic element of how a parent would react to that news. I'm not a parent, but I can't believe that I'd sell my kid down the river just based on a hunch. :dunno:

JayJohn85

Banned
I am admittedly checking it out too and although relatively entertaining still think prequel is bad idea. The more that it continues the higher the chance its gonna bastardized something and also I think they have to really try too hard to create the drama....Dont get me wrong the cast are excellent and the production budget must be well good as the shots of caprica itself are awesome.....I'll watch it on the fly then buy the box set likely If at some point we get to see first cyclon war engagements now that would be truly bitching.

But yea I wasnt fond of the god thing in BSG it made me actually hate god lol. You fooking manipulative mofo!!!! And yea this whole monotheism versus polytheism thing is going to have to end up with some extra planar interference along the lines of BSG. Yet more stupid manipulation.

That's one of my favorite songs of all time. I like how they used bits & pieces of it with different characters, and then tied it all together near the end. Great writing there! Great plot device!

Yeah, that's a pretty solid montage of what happened leading up to the final season.

The Chief was probably my favorite character. Shocked and bitter and impressed that he was one of the Final 5.

Sadly, I'm not that impressed with Caprica thus far.....it really is dark to the point that I'm being turned off too much and not forming any interest in any of the characters....

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I've seen advertisments for this show like crazy on Space channel; they're really pushing this one. I catched the first few minutes of the first episode and it seemed different, somehow. I got the impression from the commericals and that that it is a hard show to get into. It sure looks interesting, though.

But yea I wasnt fond of the god thing in BSG it made me actually hate god lol. You fooking manipulative mofo!!!! And yea this whole monotheism versus polytheism thing is going to have to end up with some extra planar interference along the lines of BSG. Yet more stupid manipulation.
The use of the One True God has been on BSG since the mini-series.
I always thought that it was interesting and intriguing how the writers of both shows use the god question to examine blind faith and fanaticism and ultimately how destructive and self-righteous it is.
The Cylons believed without question that the destruction of the 12 Colonies and have themselves take the place of humanity was God's will. (except the 1's, 4's ,and 5's of course)

JayJohn85

Banned
This show is actually starting to show serious Promise. Though it gonna go all matrix on us, RDM is actually getting through to me anyway. Starting to really think about the virtual shit man lol

Rey C.

I want to like it, so I'm still trying. To me, the most interesting part is going to be how it all unraveled and why the Cyclons turned on the humans. Now we have a hint that Zoe (or Tamara?) may be the key to that. Will we eventually learn that the Cylons got their religious beliefs from Zoe?

I'm not too fond of some of the acting and the lines, but I love the overall plotline so far.

JayJohn85

Banned
I want to like it, so I'm still trying. To me, the most interesting part is going to be how it all unraveled and why the Cyclons turned on the humans. Now we have a hint that Zoe (or Tamara?) may be the key to that. Will we eventually learn that the Cylons got their religious beliefs from Zoe?

I'm not too fond of some of the acting and the lines, but I love the overall plotline so far.

Yea was thinking that same thing....Maybe both are the collective consciousness of the cyclons the original centurions....Or maybe they have a war of biblical proportions...Like a war in the heavens metaphorically speaking.

Still though then he has to end this series depending on how many seasons with the creation of the biological models and why the centurions allowed themshelves to be surplanted by the biologicals.

The introduction of a batshit crazy Tamara and "New Cap City" in the last episode were good developments I think. It gives the show an edgier feel as they work their way up to the actual Cylon War.

I'm just afraid it's too little, too late. Caprica is already under 1 million viewers in the ratings. Critics continue to give it high marks, but it just can't seem to find a fan base and loses viewers every week. I'm afraid SyFy won't have any choice but to cancel it well before the series has a chance to get a foothold.

Rey C.

The introduction of a batshit crazy Tamara and "New Cap City" in the last episode were good developments I think. It gives the show an edgier feel as they work their way up to the actual Cylon War.

I'm just afraid it's too little, too late. Caprica is already under 1 million viewers in the ratings. Critics continue to give it high marks, but it just can't seem to find a fan base and loses viewers every week. I'm afraid SyFy won't have any choice but to cancel it well before the series has a chance to get a foothold.

Wow, you REALLY called that one! :bowdown:

So did anybody catch the Caprica Season 1.5 marathon last week? As far as I know, that was the series finale. As much as I tried, I just never could REALLY get into this series. But I think they did a pretty decent job of wrapping it up. I enjoyed the Godfatheresque elements in the final couple of episodes anyway. And it kind of struck me as funny how Polly Walker played the same type of character in this show that she played in Rome: a lying, manipulative biatch.

I doubt the writers knew for certain that the series was going to be killed off, so I think they did a good job of making the final episodes make sense... for the most part.

And this new BSG related series... what's it all about? I think it's called "Blood & Chrome" or something.

Anyway, what did everybody else think???