• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

any horror movie fans here ?

redpaint

Closed Account
I have to go return some movies :1orglaugh

Harold, it's Bateman, Patrick Bateman. You're my lawyer so I think you should know: I've killed a lot of people. Some girls in the apartment uptown uh, some homeless people maybe 5 or 10 um an NYU girl I met in Central Park. I left her in a parking lot behind some donut shop. I killed Bethany, my old girlfriend, with a nail gun, and some man uh some old faggot with a dog last week. I killed another girl with a chainsaw, I had to, she almost got away and uh someone else there I can't remember maybe a model, but she's dead too. And Paul Allen. I killed Paul Allen with an axe in the face, his body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen. I don't want to leave anything out here. I guess I've killed maybe 20 people, maybe 40. I have tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the girls have seen the tapes. I even, um... I ate some of their brains, and I tried to cook a little. Tonight I, uh, I just had to kill a LOT of people. And I'm not sure I'm gonna get away with it this time. I guess I'll uh, I mean, ah, I guess I'm a pretty uh, I mean I guess I'm a pretty sick guy. So, if you get back tomorrow, I may show up at Harry's Bar, so you know, keep your eyes open.

favorite as in scare the shit out of you, so you can't watch it but every few years?
Exorcist 1, 3 and Dominion
favorite as in entertaining?
Pulse, Jeepers Creepers, 28 weeks later
favorite with my wife?
all j horror

I'm a fan of many horror/gore films,but I guess I'm a bit of a snob(not elitist) about it.Also,I find almost all of them to be just flat out funny and not one bit scary.

A lot of the shit that I like aren't necessarily "good" horror film,or good films for that matter,but they entertain me.

Personally,I fucking hate Rob Zombie and will never in any way watch any of his shit.I didn't like the original series of Halloween and thought that Micheal Myers was just too fucking lame compared to Jason and Freddy.

My favorites are
The Friday The 13th series
The Saw series
Alien 1 & 2 only
Both Hostel movies
28 Day/Weeks Later
Nightmare On Elm Street 1-4 and New Nightmare
Hellraiser 1 & 2
The Hills Have Eyes remake(the second one is a fucking travesty)
Student Bodies(even though it's more of a comedy)
and a bunch of other 80's B-movies that I won't even bother mentioning.

This is from wikipedia:

-----------------------------
Juno climbs out of the chasm and is helped onto a ledge by Sarah. Sarah asks Juno if she saw Beth die, and Juno nods. The two cautiously make their way through passages until they encounter a group of crawlers and defeat them. Sarah then faces Juno, and reveals that she has Juno’s pendant. Then Sarah swings the pickaxe at Juno. Juno makes no effort to avoid Sarah’s attack and is impaled through the leg. Juno pulls the pickaxe free and turns to face a large group of crawlers. As Sarah flees, she hears Juno’s screams, which abruptly fall silent. Sarah falls down a hole and is knocked unconscious. Sarah awakens, scrambles up a huge pile of bones towards daylight, squeezes through a narrow opening onto the surface, runs to her vehicle and speeds off. Suddenly, Sarah sees Juno sitting next to her, her face streaked with blood. Sarah screams and awakens to find herself still in the cavern. She sees her smiling daughter close by and a birthday cake between them. The field of view widens to reveal that Sarah is hallucinating. The calls of the crawlers grow louder, but Sarah is oblivious.

------------------------------

Here's some other stuff about the American ending (also from wikipedia):

---------------------------------

The Descent was released in North America with approximately a minute cut from the end. Sarah escapes from the cave and sees Juno, but the film does not cut back to the cave.

In the August 4, 2006 issue of Entertainment Weekly, it was stated that the ending was trimmed because American viewers didn't like its "uber-hopeless finale". Lionsgate marketing chief Tim Palen said, "It's a visceral ride, and by the time you get to the ending you're drained. [Director Neil] Marshall had a number of endings in mind when he shot the film, so he was open [to making a switch]." Marshall compared the change to the ending of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, saying, "Just because she gets away, does that make it a happy ending?"

The North American Unrated DVD includes the original ending. Recently, the film has been airing on Canada's The Movie Network, which has the original ending.

---------------------------------

So it looks like the American version ends with her escaping in the car, while the UK version ends with Sara still in the cave. I'm assuming you watched the American version. The UK version was better. I can't wait for the Descent 2 to come out. They've already got the trailers on youtube.

Thanks Friday:thumbsup:

favorite horror movie character: michael myers
movies: the halloween series (some are shit but most of em), house of a thousand corpses, amityville horror, texas chainsaw massacre (old and new), the hills have eyes (the first new one), american psycho, and more i could think of if i spent more time thinking

J. Friday

Banned
favorite horror movie character: michael myers
movies: the halloween series (some are shit but most of em), house of a thousand corpses, amityville horror, texas chainsaw massacre (old and new), the hills have eyes (the first new one), american psycho, and more i could think of if i spent more time thinking

The cool thing about Michael Myers is that the films psychoanalyze his character, motives, and past extensively. Donald Pleasance's Dr. Loomis was brilliant. Good characterization makes for a strong series.

redpaint

Closed Account
The cool thing about Michael Myers is that the films psychoanalyze his character, motives, and past extensively. Donald Pleasance's Dr. Loomis was brilliant. Good characterization makes for a strong series.

This man speaks the truth.

The Thing.

Night of the Living Dead [Directed by Tom Savini].

Dawn of the Dead.

Day of the Dead.

Land of the Dead [even though it was lacking in some parts. But it was just a means to an end for George to get back into the zombie genre].

Diary of the Dead.

Island of the Dead [when it arrives].

Halloween [Rab Zombie].

Escape From New York.

City of the Living Dead [aka Gates of Hell].

Nightmare City.

Zombie Flesh Eaters [Zombie 2].

Dog Soldiers.

Severance.

Severed.

Dead Meat [a low budget Irish zombie movie with comedy moments].

Horrors of War.

28 Days Later.

Doomsday [the sexy as fuck Rhona Mitra is in it].

Return of the Living Dead.

Return of the Living Dead 2.

Screamers [a little more sci-fi than anything else though].

Repossessed.

Night of the Demons.

Night of the Demons 2.

Night of the Demons 3.

The Video Dead.

Headhunter [1989].

Neon Maniacs.

Chopping Mall.

Night of the Comet.

Night of the Creeps.

Too name a few of the movies I like.

I have to go return some movies :1orglaugh
:thumbsup:
Absolutely great movie. I still have a problem with putting it into the category "horror" though. There are so many elements that have nothing to do with "horror". But I can see why someone would argue that it could be a horror movie or horror thriller.

It really sucks, that the original US release of The Descent didn't have the ending with her having hallucinated. I mean, what does this say about the average American viewer, when the distributor thinks he/she can't handle it (intellectually, emotionally or otherwise)? And what does it say about the American movie industry or American distributors, when they don't want to show the average American viewer something that is crucial to the ending of a movie because it is considered not fitting the way America viewers are "conditioned"?
Am I the only one who thinks that's kinda sad...

I just bought P2 (for 8 Euros, couldn't resist at such a price). I've seen this movie last year and thought it was really good. I was astounded by how good it worked, for being low budget, having so few actors, a very restricted set and a really old school storyline.
Well with the names Aja and Levasseur connected to it, it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise. After High Tension I'd watch everything they have a part in. Even though I was a little bit disappointed by Mirrors. A good movie, but definitely not the best work these two have done.

"2001 maniacs" with robert englund (aka freddy krueger) was the latest good one i watched.
also like the saw movies, and the classic "the exorcist" *spooky* :D

where to start ...

Poltergeist, The exorcist, It, The Cave, The Omen, Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, The hills have eyes, In the Dark, Thirtheen ghosts, Ghost ship...

Older ones as well from frankenstein, all dracula movies, wolfman ...

Nothing better then a horror movie, surround on, lights out, bit of candle light, wife scared as hell next to you at the couch, and when she jumps up from the excitement jumping as well...

Still remember one, old one allready but can't remember it's name, but it was with a piece of paper with the devil's name on it, when it get into the fireplace and burned, you knew that a monster would appear (representing the devil), I loved it when I was a kid ...