• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
I have no idea what this thread is all about, but here we go...

3368_a710.jpeg

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
This is pretty cool.

geniusstupids.gif

Must be that robotic tuning, like Gibson was putting on a couple of models. They don't seem to be very popular anymore though....or they're still working out the bugs.

Must be that robotic tuning, like Gibson was putting on a couple of models. They don't seem to be very popular anymore though....or they're still working out the bugs.

These tuners can only approximate the tuning by the number of cranks it takes to alter it. There are too many variables. Temperature, for one, would have a huge impact. I doubt they'd be accurate enough to actually use.

sexy-hump-0.jpg

Shifty

O.G.
These tuners can only approximate the tuning by the number of cranks it takes to alter it. There are too many variables. Temperature, for one, would have a huge impact. I doubt they'd be accurate enough to actually use.

That won't stop hundreds of tone-deaf assholes from buying one.

RichardNailder

Approved Content Owner

That won't stop hundreds of tone-deaf assholes from buying one.

I'm not familiar with these tuners but from an elector-mecanical point of view, it wouldn't be hard at all to sample the tonal qualities and tighten or loosen a string to make it replicate the desired tonal qualities exactly - and to do it on-the-fly at speeds and levels of accuracy that the human hearing and mind could never replicate.

If you don't believe this, just grab a pair of BOSE "noise cancelling" headphones and try to tune your guitar while wearing them.

I'm not familiar with these tuners but from an elector-mecanical point of view, it wouldn't be hard at all to sample the tonal qualities and tighten or loosen a string to make it replicate the desired tonal qualities exactly - and to do it on-the-fly at speeds and levels of accuracy that the human hearing and mind could never replicate.

If you don't believe this, just grab a pair of BOSE "noise cancelling" headphones and try to tune your guitar while wearing them.

It requires larger equipment than can be bolted to the back of guitar headstock. Though I suppose it could be controlled through data cable, or possibly blue tooth.

Still, not a really viable option as I've ever seen implemented, and I've seen a lot.

rvNYgyp.jpg

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Gibson's "robo guitars", of which they made a Les Paul, and SG, and I believe an Explorer model, were all integral parts of the guitar, and not bolt on, after market attachments. Maybe what that was, was to change, and wind strings, and not tune them...although I doubt that is it's only function.

...since we have had lately more of those random never heard of famous person has died. This is what comes in my mind usually when I see those kind of things.

DennisRitchie_m.jpg

Bonus

sandass.jpg