• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 - 2009 World Football Thread (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
^
I think Arsenal probably "whammied" itself with all the talk about teams FEARING Arsenal because of their incredible form. I do believe that Arsenal's style of football can be intimidating, but, they have to ALSO be HEALTHY to play that style! All of the defensive injuries piling up at once pretty much doomed the team against Chelski who have...hmm..no injuries at the moment (none that matter anyway.)

It's too bad because I did think that the FA Cup was going to go to Arsenal and the CL was probably the domain of the mancs or chelski.

But, having said that, and now our patchwork Defense has seen a top quality team...I think we can sneak by the mancs and get to the CL final again. We really need Clichy and Sagna back. Song is a good defender in the midfield and can cover Gallas's absence but only if we have our speedy defenders on the outside, I think.

Wenger & Sir Alex, played weakened sides, imo - and paid the penalty....

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
finally this thread is alive again... but only about English soccer :(
I hate all English teams except Manchester United... I hope Everton wins the FA Cup this year... not Chelsea please!! UCL goes to Barcelona!!

Santos FC is in the Final and will play our biggest rival Corinthians (2 legs)... next weekend first match... can't wait!!

finally this thread is alive again... but only about English soccer :(
I hate all English teams except Manchester United... I hope Everton wins the FA Cup this year... not Chelsea please!! UCL goes to Barcelona!!

Santos FC is in the Final and will play our biggest rival Corinthians (2 legs)... next weekend first match... can't wait!!

I no longer get GOLTV where I live in the U.S. so I don't have access to German football or South American football:( Sorry Stormy....

I'll give rep to anyone who can send me a link of the highlights of Liverpool/Arsenal from today.

HHOOOOOOLLLLLYYYY SHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

ARSHAVIN PWNED LIVERPOOL :bowdown: 4 GOALS:eek::bowdown:

That had to be the EPL match of the year....:glugglug:

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
I got home with score 3-3 and 87 minutes on the clock. To see it end 4-4 was awesome. Liverpool went for the 3 points and got burned. Was good to see them get at least a point in the final minutes.

Man U and my Spurs Saturday. Spurs are closing in on a respectable season after a horrible start.

I missed the end of the Liverpool/Arsenal match. Switched over to Real Madrid/Getafe when Arshavin made it 3-2 thinking not a lot else was going to happen, then checked the final score to see 4-4.
Just glad Real game had an exciting end or I'd be majorly pissed off. In the last 10 Getafe went up 2-1, Real equalize 2 mins later then in stoppage time Pepe gives away a pen, feels the player dived so he kicks him twice then stamps on him. Player tries a smart pen screws it up then Real go up the park and get the win keeping a semblance of excitment in the Spanish title race.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I thought Arshavin stole the night over Torres.Looks like Wenger's got a decent
buy.If he can get his defense sorted out for next season,I think they will be title
contenders once again :)

om3ga

El Clásico
Real Madrid v. Barcelona
Stadium: Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, Spain
Competition: La Liga
Date: 2 May 2009
Kickoff: 18:00 GMT, 14:00 EST

Can Real Madrid loosen Barcelona's grip on the Spanish league title?
Latest score: Real Madrid 1 - 2 Barcelona

Meanwhile....

Saturday, 02 May 2009
Barclays Premier League

Chelsea 3-1 Fulham
Man City 3-1 Blackburn
Middlesbrough 0-2 Man Utd
Portsmouth 0-3 Arsenal
Stoke 0-1 West Ham
Tottenham 1-0 West Brom
Wigan 0-0 Bolton

Coca-Cola Football League One

Brighton 1-0 Stockport
Bristol Rovers 4-1 Hartlepool
Carlisle 2-0 Millwall
Crewe 0-3 Leicester (Crewe are relegated)
Hereford 0-1 MK Dons
Leeds 3-0 Northampton
Leyton Orient 1-1 Huddersfield
Peterborough 2-2 Swindon
Scunthorpe 1-1 Tranmere
Southend 2-0 Cheltenham
Walsall 1-2 Oldham
Yeovil 0-2 Colchester

Coca-Cola Football League Two

Barnet 1-2 Port Vale
Brentford 2-0 Luton
Bury 1-0 Accrington Stanley
Chester 1-2 Darlington (Chester are relegated)
Chesterfield 0-2 Bradford
Dag & Red 1-2 Shrewsbury
Grimsby 0-0 Macclesfield
Lincoln City 0-2 Aldershot
Morecambe 0-4 Bournemouth
Rochdale 0-1 Gillingham
Rotherham 0-1 Exeter (Exeter are promoted)
Wycombe 1-2 Notts County (Wycombe are promoted)

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Aberdeen 1-3 Celtic
Falkirk 2-1 Motherwell
Hamilton 2-1 Kilmarnock
Hibernian 1-2 Dundee Utd
St Mirren 1-2 Inverness CT

The Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Championship First Division

Clyde 2-0 Dundee (Clyde are relegated)
Partick 0-1 Airdrie Utd
Queen of South 0-3 Dunfermline
Ross County 2-2 Livingston
St Johnstone 3-1 Morton (St Johnstone are promoted as champions)

The Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Championship Second Division

Arbroath 2-2 Peterhead
Ayr 1-1 Alloa
Brechin 2-1 Stranraer
East Fife 0-3 Stirling
Queens Park 0-1 Raith (Raith are promoted as champions)

The Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Championship Third Division

Albion 0-2 East Stirling
Berwick 0-1 Montrose
Cowdenbeath 2-2 Forfar
Dumbarton 6-0 Elgin
Stenhousemuir 1-0 Annan Athletic

Watched Arsenal v Portsmouth. I haven't seen Pompey play as bad as they did today. They looked shellshocked on the pitch today. That is surprising considering Le Professeur left most of the big guns back in London. Arsenal played almost half of the Carling Cup squad in the second half.

The more Arshavin plays in the EPL, the more likely it looks to me that Robin van Persie is on his way out of Arsenalland this summer. It might be smart to unload RvP this summer.

If I ever move to England...Portsmouth might be the place for an American ex-pat to live. Wow it was sunny...there looked like some decent hotties in the stands. And I don't think I'll get beat up for wearing my Goooners gear either...

Yes, I love it when Real Madrid get owned. Bunch of dicks deserve it

Real Madrid got smashed by Barça! I wished that Barça would go for 7 or 8. I am quite Real fan but this Real got what they deserved. When will Florentino Perez come? That man will create another Galacticos.

Wolfsburg will be Bundesliga Champions. My team Hoffenheim learned vital stuffs from this season. Hoffenheim will be a big club, very big.

For European Champions League, i can't stand to see Chelsea. I don't care whether Manchester or Arsenal go to final but i don't want Chelsea there again, Go Barça, my only favourite in Final Four!

My team Palmeiras will hit Copa Libertadores. ;)

Copa Libertadores is much more better than European Champions League. Chelsea in Final Four is a big shame!!!

If Barca is playing like they did against Real they're unstoppable. Everybody laughed at us (= FC Bayern), but now the joke's on Real. Anyway, if they can keep the pace up Chelsea will be no match, nor will be ManU or Arsenal. Everybody thought that Chelsea played so well, but Barca also had a bad day in the first leg, and I don't see happening that again. Hiddink is a magician, but there's a point even he has reached his limit. I really hope Barca wins it all, they simply deserve it. And who cares about an all english final again? Noone!!!

No al calcio moderno!!!

om3ga

Arsenal Ladies secure their fourth FA Women's Cup final in succession after beating Northern Division side Sunderland 2-1 at Pride Park.

Details:
Arsenal win FA Women's Cup

Arsenal Ladies secure their fourth FA Women's Cup final in succession after beating Northern Division side Sunderland 2-1 at Pride Park.

Details:
Arsenal win FA Women's Cup

:hatsoff::nanner::bowdown: Congrats to the Lady Gunners! I believe Fox Soccer broadcasted last year's FA Cup final between Arsenal and Everton(?)

Kelly Smith is currently tearing up the new Women's Pro League here in the states. She and Marta are leading the league in scoring. I watched Kelly's team the Boston Breakers tie the FC Pride from San Jose a couple of weeks ago. Smith was clearly the best player on the pitch on that day. Boston also has Amy "Arod" Rodriguez who is possibly the best young female prospect for the U.S.

Women's soccer is intense and fun to watch!

The Barca/Chelsea game all depends on Chelsea's tactics. If Chelsea try to win the game they will get smashed but if the do the same as in the first leg then they have a chance on the counter or a set piece.

I hope Barca go through but wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea steal it.

:( Well so much for Arsenal and the "magnificent display" today. The Gunners look shell-shocked. mancs look like they are Rome bound. 4 goals needed by the goons in the second half:eek::weeping: Are there any miracles to be had at the Emirates today?

I think the Ref who's working the match is the same guy who worked the Arsenal/Villareal second leg at the Emirates. I wonder if he caught a lot of shit form his ref'ing of that game. A lot of calls went the gunners way that night. The ref sent off some villareal player for dissent too. Perhaps he's making it up against Arsenal tonight?

Well, the second half is about to begin and Eboue is inserted for Gibbs. This should be interesting.

1 goal every 10 minutes is all that's needed...:1orglaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.