• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Cyberpunk 2077

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Did we really need a celebrity? No.

No wonder its taking this fucking long.

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Um, you do realize that celebrities often do voice over work in video games, right?

Yeah, unlike live action movie the actor doesn't actually have to show up the the set for months at a time. They just have to go into the sound booth for a shorter amount of time and know the pot and material they are working with. Putting his image in the game is the work of graphical artist so it's not like it will dramatically lengthen the game production once they have the rights from him to use his image.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Um, you do realize that celebrities often do voice over work in video games, right?

Although I'm sure that's happened, never do I ever realize because it wasn't a big ordeal. I don't need celebrities, I need a good game. :)

I legit half joking, but still, honestly, I can't personally care much less if someone famous is involved. Companies see that as a selling point, but for me, I'm more concerned about a solid game. Most of my favourite games didn't even have voices, just text :)

You're talking to a Shadowrun GM, I've been waiting for this for a long time. I'm finding amusing ways to moan about my impatience :p

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
Although I'm sure that's happened, never do I ever realize because it wasn't a big ordeal. I don't need celebrities, I need a good game. :)

I legit half joking, but still, honestly, I can't personally care much less if someone famous is involved. Companies see that as a selling point, but for me, I'm more concerned about a solid game. Most of my favourite games didn't even have voices, just text :)

You're talking to a Shadowrun GM, I've been waiting for this for a long time. I'm finding amusing ways to moan about my impatience :p

It's a pretty regular thing. Often times you didn't know it and the companies very rarely talk about it. They get the celebrity because they like the voice for the character. Clancy Brown was in Mass Effect: Andromeda. Freddie Prinze Jr., Mass Effect 3.
https://www.fanatical.com/en/blog/famous-actors-in-video-games-our-top-picks
https://gamerant.com/celebrity-appearance-video-game/
https://www.goliath.com/gaming/12-most-surprising-celebrity-cameos-in-video-games/

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I might not also notice because I don't hear about it and I just don't know pop culture. Never really been a big TV/movie person. I have never heard of Clancy Brown for example. I did play Andromeda somewhat recently. It was OK, despite a lot of people saying it was garbage compared to the others, which I haven't played. I'd love to try em though!

Last edited:

D-rock

After I play through and finish this game I wonder how days I'm going to keep hearing a disembodied Keanu Reeves voice in my head.

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
I'm wondering that since Johnny Silverhand is going to be in your head through the chip you put in, what's to stop him from just jacking your augments and taking over?

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I'm wondering that since Johnny Silverhand is going to be in your head through the chip you put in, what's to stop him from just jacking your augments and taking over?

What's to stop any plot x from being fucked by thing y? Or maybe you found the twist ending! Don't worry, it'll all be spoiled before the release date, I'm sure :p

D-rock

Judging by the feeling I get from the games trailers it seems everybody in that setting is way too willing to just jack into something when it involves things that interface directly with their brains. There is no way I would be willing to do that even in an utopian like place let along a complete hell hole like Night City.

TaylorVixenFan

FreeOnes is pumping through my veins!
So I heard it is possible to have sex in this game?

doubtful they just announced they removed gender options which means they will also have to remove character customization that the showed off :( its a shame it was so good.