• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Xfl returning in 2020

WWE founder and chairman Vince McMahon announced Thursday he is giving a professional football league another go.

It will be called the XFL, the same name of the league McMahon and NBC tried for one season in 2001, but it won't rely on flashy cheerleaders and antics as its predecessor did, he said.

Features of Returning XFL
• 8 teams to start

• 40 man rosters

• 10-game season beginning in January

• Two-hour game-time goal

• Any player with a criminal record precluded from playing

• Players won't receive forum to take personal stance on social issues on playing field

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22213241/vince-mcmahon-gimmick-free-xfl-return-2020

I think this round will be better than the early 2000s.

We'll find out.

So another football league that won't sign Kaepernick? (not mine)

I like the idea of reducing games down to two hours.

Perfect opportunity to seize on the waning popularity of the NFL.

I think that is what will boost viewership. McMahon needs to make some controversial statements that contradict the NFL to make some waves when time gets closer.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
How different can it be? I'm curious, and I'm not so much of a football fan. I understand the game, just don't follow or care about it.

they can speed up the pace and length of the game by reuducing quarters to 12 min. and the play clock to 30-35 seconds. Not sure defenses would appreciate that, but that's one way to do cardio.

adopt college rules such as a receiver only needs to get one foot inbounds when making a catch. that would make for more spectacular catches on the sidelines.

on the aesthetic side, have Nike design all the teams' uniforms, nothing outrageous, in fact, go with an old school look like the Chargers' powdered blue and numbers on the helmets.

and my personal suggestion, being a 12-year-old kid, have a vapor trail come off the ball when it travels a certain velocity or the spin rate hits a certain point and have it make a whirring sound. That way the gunslinger QBs in the league with the rocket arms can show them off with more flair. that would be cool.

for field goals - have different difficulty zones - like one right down the middle would be 4 points. one that just clears the upright would be 2 points.

I would not be surprised to see McMahon hire this man as an in studio analyst.If only to recreate that classic SNL skit where OJ spells out “I did it” on the chalkboard.

Attachments

• 9D04F3DB-360D-4ADD-9A99-C1970EAF41AB.jpeg
    9D04F3DB-360D-4ADD-9A99-C1970EAF41AB.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 173
Hot damn! Only 23 more months until the season starts!
My ( insert team here) will either very good or they will suck donkey balls, no middle ground. And by donkey balls I mean not winning it all.

Go team!

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
They should do a cool basketball league too. I was playing NBA Jam with the hotspots turned on and that would be amazing in real life. If you're in the random circle and shoot, it could be 5 points, 7 points, whatever.