• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What age did you, or do you plan on retiring?

What age did you, or do you plan on retiring?

• >55 (I'm loaded)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >60

Votes: 1 12.5%

Votes: 2 25.0%

Votes: 1 12.5%

• 68+ (I'm never retiring)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With current events, it makes you realize there are different expectations around the world. Personal circumstance can also play a role too.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I'm 58. and on disability. I drove a semi for 33 years, plus whatever I did before that. I wouldn't call it retired, because pinched nerves and arthritis made the decision for me. I was fortunate enough to have a family that left me a very nice home, that was paid off, and I always took the death and disability insurance on my loans, so while I don't owe much in the way of credit card debt, the big stuff was covered by the insurance. I won't be living high on the hog unless I hit the lottery, but I'll get along. The wife has a good job, so we get by, but I don't know if she'll retire ate 67 1/2, which is the age SS has her slated for, but I hope so. She works really hard, and puts in a lot more hours then she should, for a salaried employee

I like early to mid-60s tbh. I definitely want to keep my brain sharper or on a swivel in my early 60s by working as it has been shown to help you live a little longer.

I am eligible at 59 years and 1 month. My defined benefit (!) payment goes up by 10 percent if I stick it out until 62. So - I marked 62 for the poll. It really depends how much I hate going to work, when I hit 59.0633.

Mr. Daystar

How do you know or not know possibly if you may have already retired? What is the Statute of Limitations for having one of those job things?
Typically it's after 30 years at a company, but in current times, it's defined by when your age for Social Security kicks in. Medicare is available at 65, If you start at a union shop at 21, 30 years makes you 51, but you would then need to carry your own medical until 65, and if you drew from your pension before 65, I believe you get taxed on it, as income. If I were still able to climb in and out of a tractor, and could continue work, I wouldn't be able to get my SS until I turned 67 1/2. Unless of course they raised the age again. It used to be 65 for me, then the government fucked up, and moved it back, so they could fuck us all for a couple of years. The age you can collect SS depends on when you were born, and if you get more then minimum, depending on whet you've paid in.

I THINK

Mr. Daystar

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Typically it's after 30 years at a company, but in current times, it's defined by when your age for Social Security kicks in. Medicare is available at 65, If you start at a union shop at 21, 30 years makes you 51, but you would then need to carry your own medical until 65, and if you drew from your pension before 65, I believe you get taxed on it, as income. If I were still able to climb in and out of a tractor, and could continue work, I wouldn't be able to get my SS until I turned 67 1/2. Unless of course they raised the age again. It used to be 65 for me, then the government fucked up, and moved it back, so they could fuck us all for a couple of years. The age you can collect SS depends on when you were born, and if you get more then minimum, depending on whet you've paid in.

I THINK

I think I invented the term "Quiet Quitting" without realizing it. I've spent years and years avoiding work and about the same time or more not seeking employment either but somehow I haven't starved to death or slept under a bridge.

Mr. Daystar

You're a survivor. All that really matters in life, is your health and happiness. Only you can define what that is. For some, it's a pick up truck, and split level. For others, it's a Ferrari, and a villa or two.

You're a survivor. All that really matters in life, is your health and happiness. Only you can define what that is. For some, it's a pick up truck, and split level. For others, it's a Ferrari, and a villa or two.

You're right. Life is a test of endurance... a struggle. One day at a time. With all this deep thinking...
maybe-ill-get-a-little-high-towelie.gif

Mr. Daystar

I'm 43, I started working at age 22 So that means I have, at least, about 20 years of work ahead of me. But I consider myself lucky : I have an office work, not physically exhausting.

Mr. Daystar

CDL Drivers license. School bus driver for five years. Physicians assistant said I was not healthy enough to drive a bus.
That's the main reason I stopped working. I wasn't told, but I knew I wouldn't pass. and for years I lied to pass, finally I had enough, and said fuck it. I give you credit, I would not do well as a school bus driver. I wouldn't do well driving any bus. Just last year I renewed my license, and with the biggest smile I've ever had, told them to get that CDL bullshit off my license. Well, second biggest, I forgot about the time I saw my first real naked girl.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Due to medical conditions, well played investments in my twenties and thirties, and inheriting a bunch of shit I haven't had a shift job (shit job) in years, but I chose the 68+ (I'm never retiring) option because even though I don't punch a clock, I've always got some kind of side gig going. I've seen too many people retire and die because they stopped doing anything and just deteriorated to death. Definitely not the life I want, I'll be fifty this year and plan to hack it out at least another forty years!

Mr. Daystar

Good for you, I hope you get every second of that 40 years.

I've seen too many people retire and die because they stopped doing anything and just deteriorated to death.

Sitting around doing nothing is kind of my bread 'n' butter. It's my laziness that will preserve me over time. Good that my wife is a hard worker who brings in a nice paycheck along with our benefits. She's very tolerant of me and you guys know I have tons of flaws.

Mr. Daystar

Yeah, my wife's an earner too. But I have my own beni's, and she has hers.