• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Type O Negative's Peter Steele DEAD at 48.

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -
Loved the band when I was a kid. This is why people shouldn't post fake posts about people dying. The punishment??? :ban:
PS - I am of course refering to another recent post where someone said Aurora Snow was dead.

Indeed situations like this shouldn't be faked. It's not funny in the slightest.

This is why I provided a link to Metal Hammer's site which confirms it is true.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Wow what a bummer, Type O was one of the first shows I went to when I was younger. I remembered they played Boston the day after Halloween and during the encore they came out and Toliet Papered the crowd.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Well, I am not a metal fan, and to be honest, it's sad for his family, friends and fans... but i do not care so very much about this.

I guess he lived a bit too hard and took some stuff that shortened his life span...

From the article at Metal Hammer

Steele briefly mentions his incarceration in Riker’s Island and “the psych ward at Kings County Hospital”, both stints apparently caused by his heavy substance abuse, for which he also served time on probation.

Many rockers could learn from the Rolling Stones - Mick Jagger went vegetarian ages ago and he stays pretty fit - or the guys in Aerosmith, once known as 'The Toxic Twins'

Better lay off those drugs, it's okay to smoke a little joint every once in a while and to have a couple of beers or the good wine as a star you can afford. But stay away from playing with heroin and shit like that.

^^
true, Peter was known to use some of this shit. And he was also known to be very depressed at times, trying to kill himself several times. But it was in this dark moods and drugs filled moments that he wrote and recorded his best songs.

Same goes for the other bands you named...

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Oh hell, I am a bit of a musician myself, singing, playing guitar and blues harp, and in my darkest moods I had the most intense musical moments

That is really the crux - it is so hard to be stable, happy and sober and still do great music.

Easier to wreck yourself and find inspiration in trouble.

popehatmatt

Closed Account
That's really effin' nuts! When did this happen? How'd he happen to pass, if you don't mind? I'm guessing possibly a stroke and/or heart failure considering his size? Much Love & Blessings to All, Matthew P. Deal (MPD)

biomech

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
:( RIP Peter.