• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Torrid Triple-Digit Heat

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Torrid Triple-Digit Heat

Parts of the Great Lakes, Ohio Valley and Northeast may see triple-digit heat Friday. Here's how "rare" that is in some locations:

• New York: Only 57 days of 100°+ heat since 1870 at Central Park. None from 2002 through June 2010.
  • Rochester, N.Y.: Last day of 100°+ heat was on June 21, 1953! Only 6 days of 100°+ heat on record since 1872!
  • Philadelphia: Averages only 1 day of 100°+ heat every other year.

Excessive heat warnings and watches stretch from New England into the Plains states, including Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York City, Boston, Tulsa, Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Chicago and Indianapolis.

Dangerous heat will peak Friday through Saturday in the East, but will ease in the Northern Plains and Upper Midwest during that same time.

Paved roads and buildings in urban areas absorb heat, keeping urban areas warmer than surrounding rural locations at night, the so-called "urban heat island effect". Instead of opening your windows for cooler air in the evenings, you may have to keep them shut, as temperatures remain in the 90s or 80s well into the night, bottoming out only in the mid-70s to low 80s around sunrise the following morning.

The longer a heat wave lasts, the warmer nights can be, offering little relief for those without air conditioning. This has been found to be a significant factor in heat wave mortality.

Article

:flame:

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Rush Limbaugh said there is no heat wave - claiming it is a conspiracy. He is right. It is a conspiracy to make him look like a fucking wacko. Worked!

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I just started my 11 day weekend. So bring it! Got nothin to do but chill in AC for damn near 2 weeks!!!

Think I'll drink, smoke, play video games, sleep, watch movies, jack off, etc...no particular order! But nothing outdoors.

I wasn't quite sure how hot it got here because I think my digital thermometer stops reading anything higher than 99 degrees F. It got to that level the past few days and almost reached it today.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
No folks in a few more months it will be back down to single digits get ready for it.

I'll be walking a lot outside tomorrow. I love the extreme heat and humidity, and how it makes me feel like I'm "on fire" or something. It's bad ass.

It's called a stalled dome of high pressure not a conspiracy and not global warming.

The weather has been so perfect here in So Cal...I should charge you saps admission just for telling you about it.:D

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
I prefer to be cold rather than hot.. I can't stand humidity either.
I can't wait for winter :D

The weather has been so perfect here in So Cal...I should charge you saps admission just for telling you about it.:D

Southern Cal eh?

You're supposed to be getting domed this weekend; not the good kind.

The Super Heated Atmospheric Death Dome of 2011 shell be paying a visit.

Enjoy.

Southern Cal eh?

You're supposed to be getting domed this weekend; not the good kind.

The Super Heated Atmospheric Death Dome of 2011 shell be paying a visit.

Enjoy.

Oh darn....sighhhhh, sounds like I'll be heading to the beach and have to suffer all the chicks distracting me in scant bikinis...:facepalm::crying:

I prefer to be cold rather than hot.. I can't stand humidity either.
I can't wait for winter :D

Same here. I get cranky when it's hot. If it's cloudy, rainy, foggy, overcast, or anything of the sort, I'm as happy as a pig in shit. :)

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
Same here. I get cranky when it's hot. If it's cloudy, rainy, foggy, overcast, or anything of the sort, I'm as happy as a pig in shit. :)

Even when it's cloudy, rainy, foggy, and overcast here it's still like 90 degrees and humid.. (unless it's in the winter of course.)