• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Nikki Haley brands The View's Sunny Hostin 'racist' after host accused her of not using her Indian name

left liberal racism

• Sunny Hostin attacked Nikki Haley on Tuesday's episode of The View for not using her Indian first name
  • She suggested the former ambassador did not use the name Nimrata in an effort to appeal to Republican voters
  • Hostin was soon branded a 'racist' on Twitter, with many noting that Nikki is Haley's middle name — and Hostin does not use her given first name either
  • By the afternoon, Haley hit back saying it is 'racist of you to judge my name'
  • She added that Nikki 'is an Indian name and is on my birth certificate — and I'm proud of that'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-Hostin-racist-attacking-not-using-name.html

anybody here experienced this with their birth names?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
So does that mean all black news casters are racist, for not speaking ebonics for their black viewers.

Hostin is totally out of line - if anything, evidenced by her cohosts turning on her. And coming from herself who doesn't use her given first name - fucking hypocrite.
Obama went by "Barry" in high school. Was that for political reasons?

Imagine if someone criticized a racialized person for not using their "English" name...
Racialized people use "English" names all the time - and it's never to "appeal to Republicans".

It's kinda fun watching her double-down and dig herself deeper, instead of simply apologizing to pass on a battle she can't possibly win.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Hostin is totally out of line - if anything, evidenced by her cohosts turning on her. And coming from herself who doesn't use her given first name - fucking hypocrite.
Obama went by "Barry" in high school. Was that for political reasons?
And Barry has his own middle name issues. A recent former President even used it when lying about him.