• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Jon Stewart mocks ‘rich’ Romney while outpacing him in wealth

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
J. Stewart mocks ‘rich’ Romney while outpacing him in wealth

J. Stewart mocks ‘rich’ Romney while outpacing him in wealth

Comedy Central host J. Stewart regularly bashes American multimillionaires for their wealth while ignoring the awkward fact that he’s one of them.

Though Stewart distances himself from the “one-percenters” and bellows over their extravagance, his bank accounts bear all the marks of the “multi, multi, multi, multi millionaires” he mocks. The 49-year-old Stewart, born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz, makes more than 300 times the median American salary, owns three luxury homes and sometimes doesn’t pay his taxes.

In January Stewart exploded on-air over Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s income level. “That’s almost — that’s almost $57,000 a day!” he gushed.

But Stewart’s own income level brings him and his wife Tracey approximately $41,000 a day. The celebrity income-handicapping website Celebrity Net Worth lists his annual salary as $15 million and estimates his net worth at $80 million.

While $80 million doesn’t yet put Stewart into the same wealth bracket as Romney, he is already on pace to be richer than the former Massachusetts governor when he reaches his age.

At his current earning rate, The Daily Show host’s net worth will be $320 million by the time he turns 65 — Romney’s current age. And that total doesn’t include increases in property value or other assets Stewart might accumulate.

And then there are the houses. When Arizona Sen. John McCain ran for president in 2008, he was criticized for not knowing how many houses he owned. (The answer: seven.) Stewart is well on his way to McCain country, with three opulent mansions whose combined value is $12.8 million.

Article

:nono: Hypocrite

J. Stewart born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz. Jew! :surprise:

:tongue:

His name is censored? :facepalm:

His name is censored because of a former member who went crazy.

This is crap, Will. Stewart isn't running for the highest office in the nation, and his job is comedy, not politics. He's not trying to get elected. He's not running a campaign. He's not asking for your support. He's not accepting donations. He's an entertainer that is very good at his job, and, consequently, makes a lot of money. Why should we challenge him to the same degree that we challenge people we're hoping would run the country? If people don't like what he's saying, they need merely to change the channel. Romney, on the other hand, is hoping to have a massive impact on everyone living in this country, whether you like him, or not.

So, as you're now down on people with huge money, I guess Obama is your new favourite for the election?

Please don't answer just part of this post, or respond with an incredibly brief answer and a smiley. It will make you look stupid, and provide me with fodder to mock you.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Re: ****tewart mocks ‘rich’ Romney while outpacing him in wealth

His name is censored because of a former member who went crazy.

Stupid reason. :facepalm:

This is crap, Will. Stewart isn't running for the highest office in the nation, and his job is comedy, not politics. He's not trying to get elected. He's not running a campaign. He's not asking for your support. He's not accepting donations. He's an entertainer that is very good at his job, and, consequently, makes a lot of money. Why should we challenge him to the same degree that we challenge people we're hoping would run the country? If people don't like what he's saying, they need merely to change the channel. Romney, on the other hand, is hoping to have a massive impact on everyone living in this country, whether you like him, or not.

This is not "crap". Stewart is a hypocrite for doing this. He's also a hypocrite for changing his name to hide the fact that he is a Jew. :tongue:

So, as you're now down on people with huge money, I guess Obama is your new favourite for the election?

I am not "down" on the wealthy. I am tired of hypocrites.

Please don't answer just part of this post, or respond with an incredibly brief answer and a smiley. It will make you look stupid, and provide me with fodder to mock you.

Whatever :facepalm:

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.

I'm not sure who wrote this article, but annual income and wealth are not one and the same. Wealth is usually an expression of net worth, and that's even what the article mentions. And anyway, you can't estimate a person's future net worth based on present or even future (gross) annual income. Why? Because the only way that income could contribute to net worth is when you're speaking about net or discretionary income, minus ALL expenses. The bigger contributor to net worth is usually the appreciation of assets.

And even further, the article doesn't take into account the time value of money. In other words, Romney's net worth now couldn't be (accurately) compared to Stewart's in 16 years unless you adjust for the time value.

I understand the point the article is *trying* to make: that Stewart is hypocritical when he speaks of wealth or income (and that's fine). But this article is a poorly based, muddled mess.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I'll go ahead and nitpick on a little part of Will's post.
If you thing Stewart changed his name to hide from being a Jew, you are a fucking idiot, or have never watched his show. And if you have never watched his show and came up with that conclusion, you are a fucking idiot. A commercial break does not go by when Stewart does not mention being a Jew.
Oh, BTW, there is very good reason that he changed his last name because of a strained relationship with his father, who had left the family at a young age.
So, Will, are you a fucking idiot, or did you again fail to do your work when researching this "story".

Stupid reason. :facepalm:

Perhaps it is a stupid reason. Take it up with Roald and Petra. Actually, bug Regina about it. She doesn't work hard enough, I'm told.

This is not "crap". Stewart is a hypocrite for doing this. He's also a hypocrite for changing his name to hide the fact that he is a Jew. :tongue:

This is crap. He's not a hypocrite, he's throwing out information, and is being a comedian. The fact that you, with your miniscule powers of investigation, were able to find how much he makes, means he's not hiding anything. You just don't like him because of what he says. That has nothing, whatsoever, to do with him being a hypocrite. It has quite a lot to do with You Misunderstanding/misconstruing information, though.

I am not "down" on the wealthy. I am tired of hypocrites.

You recently said this:

Michael Rubens Bloomberg (born February 14, 1942) is an American businessman and politician who is currently Mayor of New York City. With a net worth of $22 billion in 2012, he is also the 11th-richest person in the United States. Link

People like him need to be removed from politics.

And, when I asked you if that meant Romney should be removed, too, you said yes.

Could you please show how these wealthy people are hypocrites? I understand what you're saying about Mr. Stewart (first name will get edited, so we'll just go with Mr.), and, while I think you're wrong, I'll leave that argument aside. How are Bloomberg and Romney hypocrites? They are wealthy, sure. Do you simply begrudge them their wealth?

Yes. Whatever. Another poor argument from you, though I do appreciate the fact that you used complete sentences. Perhaps we're making progress?

Re: J. Stewart mocks ‘rich’ Romney while outpacing him in wealth

Article

:nono: Hypocrite

J. Stewart born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz. Jew! :surprise:

:tongue:

His name is censored? :facepalm:
I thought everybody knew Jon Stewart is Jewish. He mentions it all the time.

EDIT: Seriously, why the fuck is Jon Stewart's name censored?:facepalm:

Stewart's brother is the head of the New York Stock Exchange, he is allowed to reality bash a little more than the rest of the fake mainstream media outlets but even he has a controlled limit, John has some funny moments but that's about it IMO

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

I thought everybody knew Jon Stewart is Jewish. He mentions it all the time.

EDIT: Seriously, why the fuck is Jon Stewart's name censored?:facepalm:

I do know he is a Jew. :stir:

There's a stupid reason for the censored name. :facepalm: Someone needs to fix it.

Everyone's a hypocrite. You hypocrite! :surprise:

No :nono:

Stewart's brother is the head of the New York Stock Exchange, he is allowed to reality bash a little more than the rest of the fake mainstream media outlets but even he has a controlled limit, John has some funny moments but that's about it IMO

I don't watch the show any more. He's really not that funny.

When a large potion of Jon Stewart's millions are found to be in tax shelters in the Caymans, then he'll be a hypocrite. Until then,...

Criticising someone for how rich they are is lame :flaccid:. It says "ooh, he's rich and I'm not. That makes me envious."

Criticising a rich guy who made his wealth honestly is more than lame. It speaks volume of the ignorance of the one criticising about how a free market works.

As far as I'm concerned, criticising those that made their wealth dishonestly (drug traffickers, I'm looking at you) is fine with me because they don't deserve it, and if someone deserves to have their wealth taken away it's them, not those that open businesses, pay taxes, and don't break the law. :2 cents:

I do know he is a Jew. :stir:

No one, not even Steward contests the fact that he's a Jew. He openly admits it, and makes reference to the fact on air all the time. He's not, in any way, trying to hide it.

What is your point in continually bringing up his Jewish background?

robot_r0ck

I plead the 5th...
Will E, you do know Dirk is making you look like a complete idiot? He's (what the kids say nowadays) owning your ass dude. :tongue:

The way I see it, Stewart made his money cashing in on his popularity in the entertainment industry (like him or not, he has a huge following and therefore commands a lot of money) and Romney made his money by doing leverage buyouts of companies in trouble, sucking them dry and then bankrupting them. That's no less a dishonest way to make money than trafficking drugs per Red Spyder's comments above as far as I am concerned. Stewart isn't running for president and claiming that he knows how to create jobs so there's really no comparison between the two other than they both happen to be wealthy. One last comment: the fact that Stewart is Jewish is of no consequence and any attempt to make it an item of consequence is the very definition of anti-semitism. I'm not sure that the OP was making Stewart's religion an issue or simply pointing out that he seemed to be hiding the fact that he was Jewish by changing his stage name (a very common practice BTW).