• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Gas prices are insane in Michigan

Okay.... why the heck did we just have a price increase in gas in Michigan?!?!?!? Anybody else paying insane amounts? We are at $4.09/GALLON when my Ford takes about 12 gallons. Seriously!!!

EDIT Do not bring up another member's name for the purpose of flaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Facetious

Moderated
Woes... over $4.00? :eek:
I just paid $3.65/gal and I'm in Calif. where gas prices are usually amongst the highest in the nation.

I imagine there's a reason for this spike in Mich. .... your local refinery must have shut down for whatever reason... who knows?

Let's check...

The people of www.gasbuddy.com say while the country's average is now at a huge .16 cent per gallon price drop from this time last year, Michigan is going in the opposite direction; selling it at .07 cents more per gallon than last August.

Michigan State University Economist Charles Ballard tells me it's mostly because three refineries in Illinois and Indiana are malfunctioning, and at the same time, a pipeline in Canada broke; putting our gas stations right in the middle of it all: "that leads to really tight supplies."

But he says the prices shouldn't get much worse, or stay where they're at for long. Refineries and pipelines are usually fixed within a couple weeks.

"However, when the price of gasoline spikes upward because of a supply problem, It usually goes up faster than it comes up," Ballard

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/...n-Drop-For-Rest-Of-The-Country-164807006.html

I'd say we're pretty vulnerable. The oil companies want to build additional refineries but the gumment/enviroweenies won't let 'em.

I heard that America hasn't had a new refinery built in over 35 years! Can somebody fact check that... I gotta go...

:facepalm:

It is odd, for the first time, ever, the Midwest appears to be getting some of the highest gas prices in the nation.

I'm glad my car gets 42 mpg, and my motorcycle gets 60+. Oh, and my bicycle goes a long time with no gas...

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
It's 3.81 around the corner from me in Orange County at a Mobil and 3.74 at the Arco.

I was watching Die Hard the other day, and they show the gas station prices in the background of a shot. 74 Cents!
Holy fuck, what happened?

U.S. still pays a very cheap price for gas compared to other countries

Before I returned the rental car in Vancouver yesterday I had to fill it up. At home, it costs me just under $40 bucks to fill my Malibu from empty. In Canadia I was driving a Nissan Venza, or something like that, which I believe has a smaller tank than my Malibu. Nevertheless, even though I had JUST under half a tank left, it cost $42 dollars to fill a cunt hair more than half a tank. I worked it out, and I paid $5.27 a gallon. I'll take California gas prices any day over that!

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I think I saw it at about 3.59 here in Cleveland Ohio. I have a 34 gallon tank, on my fuel chugging pick up...so it gets expensive.

Okay.... why the heck did we just have a price increase in gas in Michigan?!?!?!? Anybody else paying insane amounts? We are at $4.09/GALLON when my Ford takes about 12 gallons. Seriously!!!

EDIT Do not bring up another member's name for the purpose of flaming.

Sorry for the cuase of the edit.

Anyways, for some odd reason, Michigan is getting worse than freaking California and New York. It seems like soon Michigan will be paying $5/gallon the way this is going. Heck, I might drive down to Ohio just to fill up now.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
3.17 in az and thats still bullshit.

i think the gas prices will be the cause of a total economical meltdown.

pretty soon, its going to cost us too much to even get to work.

This is one month chart that I got off of detroit gas buddy and has the USA average, the Detroit Average and the Santa Barbara average.... kinda shocking:
gas.jpg

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
My brother in NY pays 3.79. By me in NJ I pay 3.30. The law in NJ is you can't pump your own gas. How much should I be paying if I could pump it myself?

My brother in NY pays 3.79. By me in NJ I pay 3.30. The law in NJ is you can't pump your own gas. How much would I be paying if I could pump it myself?

Depends.... If you use cash, it would have been 3.99. If you use credit card it would be 4.09 at the place I got my gas from (which isn't my usual place.) Is NJ the only place you can't pump your own gas? Never heard of that before.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Please recalculate the gas prices into cash per liter.

The gallon system is last century ^^

bobjustbob

Depends.... If you use cash, it would have been 3.99. If you use credit card it would be 4.09 at the place I got my gas from (which isn't my usual place.) Is NJ the only place you can't pump your own gas? Never heard of that before.

NJ and Oregon. It was for safety back in the 40's. Most states did this. After California started doing self serve, other states jumped on as they made pumping safer. The reason now they haven't recinded the law is because of jobs lost. So come to NJ and have your fuel service conducted by a fully trained professional. And don't try pumping your shit in Oregon, that's a $500 fine.

NJ and Oregon. It was for safety back in the 40's. Most states did this. After California started doing self serve, other states jumped on as they made pumping safer. The reason now they haven't recinded the law is because of jobs lost. So come to NJ and have your fuel service conducted by a fully trained professional. And don't try pumping your shit in Oregon, that's a $500 fine.

Which parts of Oregon.... I have family that lives there.

bobjustbob

From what I understand the entire state.

Gas tax(s) are regressive. Basically, a HUGE chunk of average Joe's check every week is going right back to Big Brother every time he fills his tank, be it a compact or half ton. People are so clueless to not see how hamered we're getting with these gas prices. I cringe every time drive to the gas station.

Before I returned the rental car in Vancouver yesterday I had to fill it up. At home, it costs me just under $40 bucks to fill my Malibu from empty. In Canadia I was driving a Nissan Venza, or something like that, which I believe has a smaller tank than my Malibu. Nevertheless, even though I had JUST under half a tank left, it cost $42 dollars to fill a cunt hair more than half a tank. I worked it out, and I paid $5.27 a gallon. I'll take California gas prices any day over that!

"Free" health care (among other things) isn't free. Basically EVERYTHING in Canada is way more expensive. I just got done golfing with my brother in law and he said it's extremely difficult to get wealthy in Canada. Also said the $30 we just dropped on 18 at one of my local munis would cost $80 fucking dollars in Canada! Forget that shit! :wtf: