• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Former Surgeon General Calls for Marijuana Legalization.

I know there was a thread about pot legalization a while back but I thought this was interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/10/18/former.surgeon.general.marijuana/index.html -Video interview inside.

(CNN) -- Former U.S. Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders told CNN Sunday she supports legalizing marijuana.

The trend-setting state of California is voting next month on a ballot initiative to legalize pot, also known as Proposition 19. The measure would legalize recreational use in the state, though federal officials have said they would continue to enforce drug laws in California if the initiative is approved.

"What I think is horrible about all of this, is that we criminalize young people. And we use so many of our excellent resources ... for things that aren't really causing any problems," said Elders. "It's not a toxic substance."

Supporters of California's Prop. 19 say it would raise revenue and cut the cost of enforcement, while opponents point to drug's harmful side-effects.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said in a letter, obtained by CNN Friday, that federal agents would continue to enforce federal marijuana laws and warned Prop. 19, if passed, would be a major stumbling block to federal partnerships between state and local authorities around drug enforcement.

His letter was a response to an August letter from several former directors of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration urging the White House to block Prop. 19 if it's approved next month.

Elders stressed the drug is not physically addictive and pointed to the damaging impact of alcohol, which is legal.

"We have the highest number of people in the world being criminalized, many for non-violent crimes related to marijuana," said Elders. "We can use our resources so much better."

I think she makes some good points.

Discuss.

JayJohn85

Banned
Alcohol causes problems.....Potheads dont....The level of organization required is just too intense.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
Alcohol causes problems.....Potheads dont....The level of organization required is just too intense.

YOU WANNA FUCKING FIGHT ABOUT THAT FUCKWIT?!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, back on-topic:
A female surgeon? I guess we can discredit anything she says. Damned if I would ever let a female operate on me; they shouldn't even be allowed to vote or drive cars.

Meanwhile, back on-topic:
A female surgeon? I guess we can discredit anything she says. Damned if I would ever let a female operate on me; they shouldn't even be allowed to vote or drive cars.

Facetious

Moderated
joycelyn elders, are you serious? You mean the ''safer guns / safer bullets" lady, the one whose son was busted for selling crack? HER?!!

☼LEGIT☼
LMK what you guys want to know about Cannabis. I'll even stay away from the argument of comparing it to Alcohol or Tobacco.

I mean we should compare it more to caffeine and tylonel. I mean more people over dose on water each year than Cannabis. I think water should be illegal.

Cannabis is not a gateway drug. I would have only done harder drugs in my life 3x and that was taking a full bottle of robotussum to trip. That is some dirty shit and when I started to research both of them heavily I decided that robo tripping wasn't worth it. DXM has a high over dose rate, but it's still not safe.

The point about females not being able to make a good claim is a bad argument that doesn't work anymore. Your just playing on a stereotypical fear of women. I also see the argument about her son selling crack as a bad argument to. Look at how many kids get into illegal things and if you didn't do anything illegal as a child then you might have a case. Kids are stupid and think they are immune.

Argument between tobacco, alcohol, or cannabis causing problems is invalid totally. People who cause harm are probably going to do it anyways and doing a drug may raise that point, but it ruins it for the good people in this world.

One more point is why do you think it's valid that it's illegal? Do you think Hitler was a great person along with Anslinger? In my opinion both were brilliant, but they used it for hate. Both played on stereotypical and racial fears that have no valid case.

if i had the ear of the government i'd say: every niche of society causes their own problems, potheads included, but the problems potheads create are in play whether pot is legal or not so stop wasting federal and state funds on something as generally harmless as pot

ForumModeregulator

Believer In GregCentauro
...blah blah blah...blah blah... Do you think Hitler was a great person along with Anslinger? In my opinion both were brilliant, ...

WHAAT?

The fact that Hitler almost succeeded with his plans to extinguish the entire Jewish race is a very chilling and disturbing concept for most people to fully comprehend; especially for those that were not personally subjected to such an evil trauma. Therefore, the belief that Hitler was brilliant is generally common among two primary groups which are those that wish to study history in order to prevent similar tragedies from ever occurring again and those that are equally as demented as Hitler was when he lived. After all, even though most people are willing to concede that Hitler was clever and astute as a leader they also realize that his lack of social values and morays made him one of the most dangerous psychopaths that ever lived. To that extent, Hitler should be more feared and abhorred than he should be a leader that others admire and desire to imitate. Hitler was not brilliant. He was a politic of evil.

:2offtopic

vodkazvictim

WHAAT?

The fact that Hitler almost succeeded with his plans to extinguish the entire Jewish race is a very chilling and disturbing concept for most people to fully comprehend; especially for those that were not personally subjected to such an evil trauma. Therefore, the belief that Hitler was brilliant is generally common among two primary groups which are those that wish to study history in order to prevent similar tragedies from ever occurring again and those that are equally as demented as Hitler was when he lived. After all, even though most people are willing to concede that Hitler was clever and astute as a leader they also realize that his lack of social values and morays made him one of the most dangerous psychopaths that ever lived. To that extent, Hitler should be more feared and abhorred than he should be a leader that others admire and desire to imitate. Hitler was not brilliant. He was a politic of evil.

:2offtopic

He did state that Hitler used his greatness in the wrong way. To only see the negative in Hitler is to ignore his greatness.
Take a look at any one of his speeches; they start off calm and quiet, but at the end people are shouting and screaming! There's not a dry seat in the house!
Hitler was a BRILLIANT orator. unfortunately for the Germans, their victims and the participants of WW2 his brilliant oratory was not matched by common sense and he was a TERRIBLE leader.
How can you call him a great leader when allied plans to assassinate him were cancelled because they recognised his leadership as being helpful to their cause?

To summarise Hitler:
The good: Oratory
The bad: Everything else.

Cannabis is not a gateway drug. I would have only done harder drugs in my life 3x and that was taking a full bottle of robotussum to trip. That is some dirty shit and when I started to research both of them heavily I decided that robo tripping wasn't worth it. DXM has a high over dose rate, but it's still not safe.
True that. Those opposed really have nothing to argue and only use fear.

As for DXM, I feel queasy when I think about it. Robotripping is the weirdest thing ever.

ForumModeregulator

Believer In GregCentauro
He did state that Hitler used his greatness in the wrong way. To only see the negative in Hitler is to ignore his greatness.
Take a look at any one of his speeches; they start off calm and quiet, but at the end people are shouting and screaming! There's not a dry seat in the house!
Hitler was a BRILLIANT orator. unfortunately for the Germans, their victims and the participants of WW2 his brilliant oratory was not matched by common sense and he was a TERRIBLE leader.
How can you call him a great leader when allied plans to assassinate him were cancelled because they recognised his leadership as being helpful to their cause?

To summarise Hitler:
The good: Oratory
The bad: Everything else.

Any individual that believes that Hitler was brilliant should use caution to make a clearly defined distinction between his leadership abilities and his lack of moral qualities that prevented him from respecting human life in general. Yes, as an orator and leader Hitler was one of the most skilled planners and speakers that lived during his time. What made that true was Hitler's ability to influence others while almost effortlessly motivating them to embrace his flawed social causes. These qualities are what most people refer to when they speak about Hitler being brilliant. Because Hitler was also able to convince others to serve him with a blind loyalty that is uncommon for most men to willingly submit to without question, he almost destroyed an entire race of innocent Jewish people due to the hatred and vitriol that he displayed towards them.

As a result, it is a good thing that honorable men decided to coordinate worldwide during Hitler's reign to stop him before he achieved his reprehensible goals of eliminating certain groups. As Albert Einstein said, "The world needs heroes and it's better they be harmless men like me than villains like Hitler.

True that. Those opposed really have nothing to argue and only use fear.

As for DXM, I feel queasy when I think about it. Robotripping is the weirdest thing ever.

Fear, but they really do feel like they are trying to do a good thing. Making sure dangerous narcotics other than weed are to remain illegal is very noble. People dont just use fear tactics...just look around around ghetto and tell me drugs are not causing them fools a shit ton of problems because thats the way of life, and they got noting else...There are plenty of reasonable and scientific studies that strike down the legalization of just trees under a federal law. there is really a substantial argument that strikes down the notion of legalizing drugs of any sort.

vodkazvictim

Any individual that believes that Hitler was brilliant should use caution to make a clearly defined distinction between his leadership abilities and his lack of moral qualities that prevented him from respecting human life in general. Yes, as an orator and leader Hitler was one of the most skilled planners and speakers that lived during his time. What made that true was Hitler's ability to influence others while almost effortlessly motivating them to embrace his flawed social causes. These qualities are what most people refer to when they speak about Hitler being brilliant. Because Hitler was also able to convince others to serve him with a blind loyalty that is uncommon for most men to willingly submit to without question, he almost destroyed an entire race of innocent Jewish people due to the hatred and vitriol that he displayed towards them.

As a result, it is a good thing that honorable men decided to coordinate worldwide during Hitler's reign to stop him before he achieved his reprehensible goals of eliminating certain groups. As Albert Einstein said, "The world needs heroes and it's better they be harmless men like me than villains like Hitler.

Fear, but they really do feel like they are trying to do a good thing. Making sure dangerous narcotics other than weed are to remain illegal is very noble. People dont just use fear tactics...just look around around ghetto and tell me drugs are not causing them fools a shit ton of problems because thats the way of life, and they got noting else...There are plenty of reasonable and scientific studies that strike down the legalization of just trees under a federal law. there is really a substantial argument that strikes down the notion of legalizing drugs of any sort.

But he was a poor planner. How else do you describe attacking Stalinist Russia while other enemies are still alive rather than finishing off other competitors while allowing Stalinist Russia to destroy itself?
He was motivated by the wrong things (racial theories) and this led him to make the major mistake of attacking mother Russia.

Personally I think we should legalize marijuana just so we don't have to have these rehashed debates any more.

As for Hitler, admittedly he was a surprisingly solid military strategist in addition to his oratory skills. Then once his insanity and health problems started getting even worse during his assault on the Soviet Union, things completely collapsed (although even if the battle of Stalingrad didn't go down the way it did, eventually, some how, some way, Hitler would have fucked up like he did at Stalingrad).

IMO, with his insane mindset, he was the worst thing to ever happen to Germany. He brainwashed the people for his own insane whims, gave them false hope that they'd be able to conquer the world, made them persecute Jews, and left them in a state of misery (economically and emotionally) after World War II.

Had he been a sane and moralistic man without any desire to persecute Jews or to conquer the world, he probably would have been good for Germany. He did after all help push many technological advancements, gave the unemployed jobs, unified the people of Germany after the first Treaty of Versailles, and turned their economy around (although again, he did fuck it up big time later on).

The evil he did far outweighs the actual good he did though, and for that he deserves every bit of criticism he gets from historians and people in general today, and it's really pointless to even bring up the good that he did, mainly because it ended up being meaningless and irrelevant in the long run. So yeah, he was a sociopathic, psychopathic, and moronic dumbass.

But he was a poor planner. How else do you describe attacking Stalinist Russia while other enemies are still alive rather than finishing off other competitors while allowing Stalinist Russia to destroy itself?
He was motivated by the wrong things (racial theories) and this led him to make the major mistake of attacking mother Russia

He was breaking down even more mentally and physically (health-wise) at the time. Up until that point he had been making solid moves and was taking over a lot of territory. He would have eventually fucked up sooner or later, but the mounting insanity and health problems he had going on caught up to him there, and he no longer could think as rationally (or as rational as someone as psycho as Hitler can think anyway) as he once did.