• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best Breakfast Sandwich

I've always been a fan of McDonald's Egg McMuffin and Sausage McMuffin w/egg. Jack In The Box has a "Go Big" section of their menu. I have been getting their Big Waffle Stack Sandwich and it's amazing. Try it. One is all you'll need.

9561035287_ec02f0f3bf.jpg

http://myburningkitchen.com/2013/08/21/jack-in-the-box-big-waffle-stack/

Jack in the Box: Big Waffle Stack
August 21, 2013
tags: waffles
by Our Man Horn

A note from Darlene: Every once in a while, I like having Paul write a review for me. I don’t encourage him to eat fast food but sometimes it’s one less post for me to write.

Go Big Or Go Hungry is Jack in the Box’s rallying cry for its new large-size burgers and sandwiches, including the Big Waffle Stack.

Tempted by a sandwich that uses waffles instead of bread, I hit the drive-thru and ordered one… but an error on my part left me with the smaller Waffle Breakfast Sandwich instead. I shrugged and decided to give this a try anyway. This newish incarnation from Jack in the Box seems to be their offering using waffles such as Taco Bell’s Waffle Tacos and Popeyes Chicken Waffle Tenders.

Here’s what you get: One a sausage patty, egg over medium and an American cheese single between two soft (think toaster-style) waffles. If you’ve ever had one of Jack’s sausage-egg-and-cheese whatevers (muffin, croissant), you’ll have a good idea of what to expect with your first bite. I prefer Jack’s sausage and egg to McDonald’s. It might boil down to what kind of burps or farts I have later in the day. (Aw, c’mon. You know you were thinking the same thing.) I’m glad there’s no syrup — and none was offered — because the plain waffle was sweet enough. The savory and sweet worked surprisingly well together.

It’s a decent mid-sized breakfast sandwich. According to the website, it’s 470 calories (298 from fat).

Determined to accept Jack’s challenge, a week later I ordered the Go Big version: The Big Waffle Stack takes the Waffle Breakfast Sandwich and adds another egg, another slice of cheese, strips of bacon and a slice of ham. In fact, it goes like this: Waffle, cheese, bacon, ham, egg, egg, sausage, cheese, waffle. It doesn’t taste vastly different from its smaller sibling (I didn’t even notice the ham), aside from the addition of bacon. Mine was crispy and added a bit more texture.

This one clocks in at 655 calories (416 from fat). That’s at least 100 calories more than a McDonald’s Sausage, Egg & Cheese McGriddle. Though, to be fair, Jack does throw on ham and bacon. That one indeed kept me full for several hours.

Both versions left me with “cheese paper” (the extra melted cheese that sticks to the wrapper). And here’s a Pro Tip: Let it rest 5-10 minutes between ordering and eating so the flavors can co-mingle and the searing hot sausage and egg can cool off a bit. Makes for a better eating experience.

You can get either of these 24/7 (depending on your local Jack’s hours) since Jack serves its breakfast menu all day. The Waffle Breakfast Sandwich is $2.69 and The Big Waffle Stack is $3.39.

Both sandwiches are currently available at Jack in the Box.

jinxypie

Official Checked Star Member
Personally my favorite breakfast sammich is the ham, egg, & cheese croissant from Burger King.

I'm not a huge fan of JITB, and that sammich looks like just too much!

If I have a cooked breakfast, it usually is a sandwich, because I can't stand eggs, tomato, beans or any of that. Bacon, sausage, brown sauce, bread grilled on one side. Black pudding if available.

Roy Rogers had a Frisco Ham/Egg/Cheese sammich that was pretty good back in the day. I tried one a few years back after the restaurant declined and it wasn't that good but it was once great.

Excision

Having a sexy party with Tarra White, Proxy Paige
Home made is my favorite. Toast with butter, two sausages, bacon & ketchup, bam!

Mariahxxx

my breakfast sandwich prosciutto fried or soft poached egg, gruyer cheese, crushed red chili pepper and parsley all sitting on a very fresh lightly toasted ciabatta roll.

breakfast5.jpg

Mariahxxx

or french toast benedict which is homemade french toast with extra vanilla in the egg custard with 2 poached eggs sitting on a slice of black forest ham break the eggs to allow the yolk to become your sauce and close with another piece of french toast!

french-toast-benedict.jpg

The Big Waffle Stack at JITB is the best IMO. And what's cool is you can order it any time of day.

Yes and yes.

I agree that homemade is the best if you have the time and energy. The Waffle Stack is my favorite when I want to wake up and just pop in a drive-thru. When I feel like cooking I can make a mean bacon(thick sliced), cheese, and egg sandwich on 2 big slices of toasted Pioneer Sourdough Bread.

Grilled sourdough, A smear of Tabasco mayonnaise, a fried egg, shaved ham, cheese optional - served open-faced.