• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Avengers vs Xmen ***SPOILERS***

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod
Re: Avengers vs Xmen

I already read the preview issue and Avengers X-Sanction mini-series, which was pretty good. I just picked-up the first issue today. Haven't read it yet, but will before the weekend is out.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

******SPOILERS******

Overview:
Nova comes crashing to earth. After minimizing the damage caused by his crashing, the Avengers find him and he says that something powerful is headed toward earth. The Avengers figures out that it is the Phoenix Force and that it is looking for a host...Hope of the X-Men. Captain America goes to the X-Men to gain their assistance in battling the Phoenix Force. Cyclops however, has other plans. He believe that if controlled, the Phoenix Force can aid in the restoration of the mutant population and refuses to aid Captain America.

I think that this is a really good plot set-up. It sets up a dynamic battle of ideologies between Cyclops' obsession to save the mutant race from extinction via the Messiah Hope and Captain America's...well, being the overzealous Captain America. Ultimately, Cyclops may turn out to be the villain here in his attempt to protect the Phoenix Force, but that's just speculation right now.

Attachments

• AvX_1_TheGroup_030.jpg
    AvX_1_TheGroup_030.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 113

If Spawn vs Batman can happen and all that crap surely this can... Won't somebody please think of the money!?!?!?!?!?!?

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family

This will either make or break Marvel, my perdiction is that Mutant genes will be reactivated, Havok will return unless he is already back.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

This will either make or break Marvel, my prediction is that Mutant genes will be reactivated, Havok will return unless he is already back.

I don't think Marvel's in situation that anything can "make or break" them at this point and time. However, sales figures were excellent.

Avengers Vs. X-Men #1 just barely topped 200,000 copies ordered, its numbers boosted by various special offers to retailers. It marks a return to the top of the charts for Marvel, after several months of DC leadership during its relaunch.

While March itself was against a five-week month and slightly off, it nonetheless contributed to the first time in the 21st century the direct market has ordered more than $100 million in the first quarter of the year.

TOP COMIC BOOK PUBLISHERS
PUBLISHER DOLLAR SHARE UNIT SHARE
MARVEL COMICS 36.21% 39.94%
DC COMICS 30.95% 36.09%
IMAGE COMICS 6.66% 5.59%
IDW PUBLISHING 5.74% 4.71%
DARK HORSE COMICS 5.24% 3.98%
DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT 2.90% 2.38%
BOOM! STUDIOS 1.42% 1.27%
ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT 1.06% 0.98%
VIZ MEDIA 0.86% 0.38%
OTHER NON-TOP 10 7.81% 3.75%

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.

Depends on the match-ups. But that debate is why this crossover event is so intriguing.

i see where you are coming from. i dont know what it is, i've just always been an x-men person. i never got into captain america, the hulk, and all that.

i see where you are coming from. i dont know what it is, i've just always been an x-men person. i never got into captain america, the hulk, and all that.

I have always been a pretty avid Hulk fan. That big bastard is a handful, which is basically the reasoning behind the events of Planet Hulk(Great Story Arc!). Speaking of the X-men, it always amazed me how many people never knew that Wolverine was originally a Hulk villain. Anyway, this story arc looks promising. Its been a few years since I have read anything from Marvel outside of Civil War that I liked.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

Well, this arc has gotten off to an outstanding start. I can't wait for the next issue (Wednesday) and for the tie-ins to begin in the other titles. I've actually enjoyed most of the X-Men arcs starting from "House of M" all the way to "Second Coming". However, I think that this mutant extinction thing has been going on waaay too long (House of M began in 2005). Hopefully, this event will provide some kind of resolution. Seriously! We're seven years into this.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.

wolverine. hmph. overrated.

im a rouge guy all the way. and gambit. but rouge full and through.

i've never been a fan of mash-ups.

besides, the x-men would kick their asses.

I don't know, who is one both teams nowadays anyhow? It's been a long time since I knew. I would think that if the Avengers still had Thor he could probably kick the asses of half the X-men by himself. Other than that they are probably screwed though.

Then again people like Cap can always fight above their level when they need to. Spider-Man once kicked the entire X-men's asses and the combined might of the Avengers is above him.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

I would think that if the Avengers still had Thor he could probably kick the asses of half the X-men by himself.

Thor is part of a group of Avengers headed into space whose mission is to try confront the Phoenix Force before it reaches Earth. I think most people think that there is no one on the X-Men who could defeat Thor, so they had to find a way to get him out of the main battle.

Ummm...another thing. In that picture where they are jumping out of the plane or whatever it is that's hundreds of feet into the air it looks like they have some people that can't fly and are relatively squishy compared to the more durable people. How's that work out? :dunno: :1orglaugh