• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Assassin's Creed 4

when i saw the commercial for this game i thought it was an add-on for the current game. they don't waste time coming out with another game quickly ...do they?

when i saw the commercial for this game i thought it was an add-on for the current game. they don't waste time coming out with another game quickly ...do they?

They actually make the next game during the development cycle of the previous game. AC IV has been in development for 2 years.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I think they should release it next year, not this year. I mean, look at all the bugs 3 has.

I think they should release it next year, not this year. I mean, look at all the bugs 3 has.

yeah! tell me about it! i am so pissed. i just tried to finish up AC3, clear up some of the logbook things i need .... after about an hour i just gave up and started the new DLC mission! i can't finish the encyclopedia of the common man-bug won't let me get 1 more from the lumberers*
looked and saw that i needed to go to every tavern to complete the frontiersman list- have visited them all and still don't get that complete!!
i am so pissed because after the issues i had with AC1 and that i vowed to myself never to buy another AC game- the premise of this one intrigued me. not to mention the animus synching and pivots i have no idea what to do to complete that.
ubi fuckers! pissed me off again with a game in the same franchise!

This looks pretty standardly awesome, especially with the pirates. I really hope they go Viking at some point. Imagine this combat system fused with the brutality of Norse weaponry.

Lungzyn

Die For Me
I guess this guy will be a 'stronger' character than Connor.
Interested in what they will do with the modern day side of things too, I actually like that stuff when it's not getting too weird.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I haven't played AC3 yet,so it seems a bit too quick to be releasing AC4.Considering the amount of extensions they
had with AC2.I think if they don't pull it off with this next one,it could may well be the end of this series.They simply
have to get the game quality back to what AC2 was.To which I think is the best of the series so far.

Lungzyn

Die For Me

Looks like Caribbean setting, more naval warfare, underwater swimming...Keep thinking a hooded pirate looks weird though.

You see, all Ubisoft had to say was Assassin's Creed IV and they had me. I love this series. Instead, they said here's Assassin's Creed IV with pirates and more sea battles. Go ahead and take my money Ubisoft!:rolleyes:

I haven't played AC3 yet,so it seems a bit too quick to be releasing AC4.Considering the amount of extensions they
had with AC2.I think if they don't pull it off with this next one,it could may well be the end of this series.They simply
have to get the game quality back to what AC2 was.To which I think is the best of the series so far.

Go pick up III, it's back to being as excellent and innovative as II was.

Lungzyn

Die For Me

http://www.destructoid.com/assassin-s-creed-will-be-annual-until-players-say-stop-250038.phtml

<90% of internet comments will probably say stop, but at the same time AC3 was the top selling Ubisoft game of all time. So it won't happen soon.

I guess this guy will be a 'stronger' character than Connor.
Interested in what they will do with the modern day side of things too, I actually like that stuff when it's not getting too weird.

not really interested in the modern day stuff,i found it a nuisance on ACIII... i just want to get back to the revolutionary times!

The main character of AC IV will be Connors grandfather, setting it about 50 years before AC III.

I'm glad they've taken it back, but the main problem I see is the change in game play. Ezio became the face of the AC series, we spend three games building him from the ground up to Master Assassins of Italy and maybe Europe. We spent 75% of AC III with Connor and the majority of that was on all the bull shit tasks that padded out the game play. The first time I played through the game I didn't feel the same sense of attachment, I just didn't care about his character.

On a second play through, yes I did feel a bit more for the character but at the end of the game not knowing where his future lies (other than in so far two unimpressive DLC packs) the ending felt like an anti climax. We knew what happened to Altair, we know what happens to Ezio, Connor we left at the house not knowing his fate and now that AC IV is skipping clean over that we never will.

As I said the game play though is changing, the style of what defined the Assassins is getting lost in all the gun play. This new character carries four pistols, struggling with a kill, or a group? Pull out your guns, fight over and done with. Ezio had an elegance and fluidity about his fighting style, up close and person with the wrist blades, Connor was brutal with his tomahawk and wrist blade combinations - Whats this guy gonna do?

Maybe thats the point, he is after all a pirate and not a fully focused member of the Creed, he seems more like a rogue who helps when it suits himself. For the moment, I am interested only by the naval combat, that was a part I really enjoyed. But once you had the Aquila fully upgraded, money was pointless, I was walking around with £100,000 plus with nothing to spend it on bar the odd reload of weapon consumables.

Time will tell.

For one thing, you've always been able to use the weapons you've wanted to... In III, I rarely used my pistol. I pretty much just picked up a musket, shot the one round, then brutally skewered the other 5-6 guys with the bayonet. Secondly, I'm no expert in antique firearms, but there's no way you'll just be able to run around CoD style. I'm sure they'll make you pay a price for going overboard with guns (reloading, ammo capacity, etc).

I'm glad they're trying new things. People always whine when a series gets to its 4th or 5th game and feels too same-y, but when they switch it up, the other people complain that it's too different. I'm gonna reserve judgement till I play it, but I have faith they'll do a good job, as I've enjoyed every game in the series so far.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
Go pick up III, it's back to being as excellent and innovative as II was.

Been playing III for a few weeks now and I think it's better than 1 and Revelations so far,but I still don't see it being better than II & Brotherhood.

My favorite bits so far are the Naval battles,wondering around in the frontiers & taking over British forts etc.But the most frustrating bit is the combat (especially when fighting against groups of enemies,which seems to be all over the place - I felt the combat scenes in Sleeping Dogs were better organised) if they could somehow make it as good as that,then I think it would make it a massive improvement to the latter games of the series.I also felt it was glitchy in places as well,but maybe it's because i'm using a PS3.

But other than that it's been good,i'm only at sequence 9 at the moment so until I finish it off I can't say for sure whether it'll be better than the best ones on II.

I'm liking the look of IV so far ;)