• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anyone else thinking of going 64 bit ?

Dinalt

Banned
:wave2: Probably more for the dedicated performance freak, but is anyone else considering going down the 64 bit route ?

I'm actually not that tempted by 64 bit yet, as my Athlon 3200 seems to handle everything I throw at it.

But the 'extras' on the new 64 bit boards seem worth considering for real game / performance junkies.
The new Nforce chipsets sound almost too good to be true, and dual PCI-Express graphics are giving amazing benchmarks.

Think I'll probably wait until Windows gets a proper 64 bit release (know there's a demo version available for download), as that should really show the power off.

RKO!!!05

Banned
Dinalt said:
:wave2: Probably more for the dedicated performance freak, but is anyone else considering going down the 64 bit route ?

I'm actually not that tempted by 64 bit yet, as my Athlon 3200 seems to handle everything I throw at it.

But the 'extras' on the new 64 bit boards seem worth considering for real game / performance junkies.
The new Nforce chipsets sound almost too good to be true, and dual PCI-Express graphics are giving amazing benchmarks.

Think I'll probably wait until Windows gets a proper 64 bit release (know there's a demo version available for download), as that should really show the power off.

Sorry m8, but you could inform me a little more on what you mean about 64, are they bringing out a new and improved version of Windows or something, I'm just a bit confused,lol????? :dunno: :tongue:

Im thinking upgrade to 64bit but not soon...
I have a barton@2400MHz, so it's enough for the moment ;)

maybe I will upgrade to a good socket 939 nforce4 motherboard with the cheapest processor as possible..
socket 939 is a way better than s754 because dual-core will be only available on s939, It make's it easier to upgrade later.
SLI solution isn't interesting in my mind, it's too expensive in money, power and noise :(

Dinalt

Banned
RKO!!!05 said:
Sorry m8, but you could inform me a little more on what you mean about 64, are they bringing out a new and improved version of Windows or something, I'm just a bit confused,lol????? :dunno: :tongue:

:glugglug: Hi RKO!!!05. Sent you a PM, but I'll just briefly sum it up in case anyone else is confused.

1) Yes, Windows will be getting a new 64 bit release. This (should) be an improvement over current versions, as it's designed to run with the latest technology.

2) PC technology's also changing at a very fast rate. New 64 bit processors, faster RAM, faster graphics card and probably a new Motherboard standard.

It's nothing to worry about for most people though - think of all the current computers 'round the world (all 32 bit), and it'll be several years before anyone has to think about upgrading.

I'm just a performance freak, love running games etc. at full speed with every last bit of graphic detail. :thumbsup:

pitino

are you talking to me?
i'm thinking for an upgrade to Athlon 64 3200Mhz cos i need
it for fast video encoding, but till now my Athlon XP1800+ (overclocked to 2000)
works fine with some extra MB Ram i feeded him!!!!

georges

Staff member
I am on windows 2000 pro nt technology I have 1048mb of ram, my chip is a pentium4 2.4ghz.If I had to buy a chip, I would go with the Pentium 4- 3.2ghz Hyperthreading (allows you multitasking). My config is more than fine for the moment, I am not in hurry to upgrade it.