• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Image and Link Limits Per Post - READ AND OBEY OR ELSE

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
Hello.

These are the new rules regarding the number of images and links you are allowed per post.

* Up to 7 images are allowed per post.

* Up to 20 links are allowed per post.

Now you can stop bugging our lazy bastard utterly overworked moderators on this subject. And stick to the rules or we will send you bottled farts (and they won't be @Petra's, perverts) through the post.

200.gif

DrakeM

In this economy?
I won't comment on the rules, I participated in the thread where they were discussed. I'm just glad to see there is something in place that can (will?) be enforced.

Freq3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
@Steve-FreeOnes I presume when you say "Images" you mean both hot-linked and using the "Attach Files" option below your message text box?

I don't use links myself, so don't need to worry about that part, but sometimes I have uploaded 10 pictures per post using the "Attach Files" option, which has been the absolute limit set for the Forum/XenForo as a whole. If you try and upload more than 10 it comes up with the message "You may only attach 10 files". Will this be cut down to 7 via your own coding and placing a limit, or will we have to restrain ourselves, even with 3 extras we could add (Meaning we'd get a fart in a bottle)? :)

Steve-FreeOnes

Staff member
By 'images' I mean those huge great full size pictures that it takes about an hour to scroll by. If I had my own way, the image limit would be zero and you'd all have to use thumbnails mumble grumble moan.

As far as I'm aware, no adjustments will be made via coding so yes, you need to all restrain yourselves. I'm sure you can all manage it if you try hard enough.

DrakeM

In this economy?
Just to clarify, the limit is per post. I can post the same link in 75 threads if I want (so long as each is on-topic), yes? I wouldn't do that though, I generally stop at 3 threads.

Steve-FreeOnes

Staff member
Just to clarify, the limit is per post. I can post the same link in 75 threads if I want (so long as each is on-topic), yes?
Absolutely not. And if I catch anyone doing this, they're getting a warning. Some things should be common sense.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Absolutely not. And if I catch anyone doing this, they're getting a warning. Some things should be common sense.
Common sense isn’t so common anymore. At least that is what I am told.

Is this correct?
Thumbnail attachments are preferred over ‘full’.

Last edited:

Steve-FreeOnes

Staff member
Common sense isn’t so common anymore. At least that is what I am told.

Is this correct?
Thumbnail attachments are preferred over ‘full’.
I'd prefer them. But I don't run the place. So carry on as normal.

gmase

Steve knows how to keep the fishbowl clean.

Alley Kat

Yes, these words change as I post more!
I was wondering why when posting images it will limit you to 10 images per post but rules here state only 7 images.

Alley Kat

Yes, these words change as I post more!
does anyone moniter this post because my previous posted question was 6 days ago with no response so far?

Steve-FreeOnes

Staff member
We've noticed a couple of users trying to get round the 7 images per post rule by posting more than once in quick succession in the same thread. Don't do this, please. It's not technically against the rules but we really don't want to implement a 24 hour rule like we do with bumping request threads. Just exercise some patience, please.

gmase

We've noticed a couple of users trying to get round the 7 images per post rule by posting more than once in quick succession in the same thread. Don't do this, please. It's not technically against the rules but we really don't want to implement a 24 hour rule like we do with bumping request threads. Just exercise some patience, please.
We are the epitome of patience.

Steve-FreeOnes

Staff member
Just to clarify, the limit is per post. I can post the same link in 75 threads if I want (so long as each is on-topic), yes? I wouldn't do that though, I generally stop at 3 threads.
Drawing your attention to these two posts. Don't post the same or approximately the same damn picture across a whole load of threads. There's absolutely no need for it and I'm begging you not to make us bring this sort of thing in as another rule. Use your brains ffs.

Also, AGAIN. Consolidate your images into one post - as long as you don't go over 7! Getting round this rule by posting 36 times in succession in the same thread, like some absolute idiot did last night, ain't gonna fly. Don't do this.