• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

FreeOnes Site Updates: Weeks 26 & 27

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Staff member
  • GREEN: completed and live
  • PURPLE: in testing before being put live
  • BLUE: in progress
  • Orange: planned but not actively worked on yet
  • RED: on hold

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a short sprint because the lead Dev is getting ready to go on holiday for 2.5 weeks. So I'll be posting a new update on Friday (8th June) with the next 2 week and few day planning.

Note that all of the backend dev for the silver membership and allowing free members to use their credits to download photo/video sets is done. We're now just waiting for our frontend dev who returned from a month holiday Monday to add the elements that actually let YOU interact with the functionality. It will hopefully be ready next week for your enjoyment!

One major update that I'm hoping to wiggle in while the lead is away is starting to fix the measurements in the babe's biography. Right now there's a weird hybrid of some bio data being metric and some imperial. We first need to fix this in the admin and make it uniform across the board. It's not hard but there's A LOT of data and a lot of points it touches so it's just a lot of work. Then once we're done with that we can make it so you can toggle between metric and imperial units! We'll probably base the default on your IP address so if you're American, we won't confuse you with real world measurements (kidding, kidding.. maybe).

MAJOR Planned Updates/Fixes
  • Upgrading admin (big project that will probably go to end of July)
    • Split up "link" types in admin (originally all content is a "link" internally even though in reality they're external links, photos, videos, gifs)
  • Add silver membership option to FreeOnes premium memberships
    • upgrade or downgrade memberships while current membership is active
    • update the membership scheme
    • allow 1 VOD rental a month
    • premium badge on the forums
  • Allow free members to purchase photo and video downloads for credits
  • Notify admin users of open notes in the different areas of admin
  • Add anonymous checkout for VODs (and other items in the future)
Minor Planned Updates/Fixes
  • Added a credit overview to users in admin
  • New babes not always showing on the what's new page
  • Fix video thumbnails for www.celebrityvip.com
Updates/Fixes in the Upcoming Weeks (or on hold)
  • Add link to site in pay site review text
  • Embedding pay site reviews in the corresponding channel
  • Try to get link votes (thumbs up/down) to appear faster than 5 minutes in all cases.
  • HTML Sitemap
  • Creating stopword database for comments
  • Babe suggestion improvements (suggesting alias, official site, social media, etc)
  • Getting a piece of content to not show on a user's "new content from favorite babes" more than 1x
  • Adding a WYSIWYG editor to a subject's "extra text" so we can have nice formatting, bullet points, etc

Last edited:

Connor Macleod

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
@Petra - can we get someone to fix however new dashboards are shown. I've reported this issue before, but it's even worse now.

Here's the link I use to see the new dashboards: https://www.freeones.com/babes?v=grid&s=latest&o=desc&l=96

When I check it, all I should have to do is look at the first line to see if there is anything new, but sometimes, a new dashboard doesn't show. It may takes days, or even weeks before it pops up on the list.

Today was the worst. I checked it yesterday (the entire page - nothing new). I checked it today, 2 new ones created yesterday, and about 10 more that showed as being created weeks ago, and 1 that showed as being created over 2 months ago. None of those were on there yesterday. I just checked again and another new popped up that wasn't there earlier. It shows as being created over 1 month ago.

:mad:  :brick:  :mad:  :brick:  :mad:  :brick:  :mad:  :brick:  :mad:  :brick:  :mad:  :brick:  :mad:  :brick:  :mad:  :brick:  :mad:  :brick:  

Petra

Staff member
I think you need to add a screen shot because everything I see on your link adds up with the creation dates of the babe section in the admin.

I suspect there's something on your browser that's not letting you see the updated cache. You might want to clear all cookies for FreeOnes and see if that helps.

Connor Macleod

I think you need to add a screen shot because everything I see on your link adds up with the creation dates of the babe section in the admin.

I suspect there's something on your browser that's not letting you see the updated cache. You Might want to clear all cookies for FreeOnes and see if that helps.
I've done that, no help, but I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Example: Profile for Dharma Jones. It shows as created on June 4, but did not show up on that page link until yesterday, July 6.

This is something that happens fairly often, but there about a dozen of them yesterday.

Connor Macleod

New example: Mary Bambola, created May 21, but did not show on the list until today.

I check the list everyday, open every new one, and add them to their thread (if they have one and if no one else has done it already). This is how I know if something new shows up. Every link should be grayed out as previously opened.

Petra

Staff member
Try this link instead of the one you're using: https://www.freeones.com/babes?s=latest&o=desc&l=96

Maybe the grid variable is throwing something off for you.

I get what you're saying but I see EXACTLY what was entered between your post yesterday and now. There has to be something delaying it for you because it's working exactly as intended for me.

Connor Macleod

Try this link instead of the one you're using: https://www.freeones.com/babes?s=latest&o=desc&l=96

I get what you're saying but I see EXACTLY what was entered between your post yesterday and now. There has to be something delaying it for you because it's working exactly as intended for me.
I don't think you can really say that "it's working exactly as intended for me" unless you're doing the same thing I do:
Check the entire page - every day, and open every new link at the top. And maybe a new one pops in there from weeks back like it's doing on me.​

Anyhow, I will try your link and see if it keeps happening. For today, it looks okay.

However, I do have another question: Is it possible to turn off that side bar (side menu) on the left?

Connor Macleod

Your link does the same thing. Today, 3 new ones came in that were not previously there:
Donna Wildcard (June 25)  -  Lilly Lagodka (June 11)  -  Sulia Shavi (June 1)