• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

FreeOnes Site Updates: Weeks 20 & 21

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Staff member
  • GREEN: completed and live
  • PURPLE: in testing before being put live
  • BLUE: in progress
  • Orange: planned but not actively worked on yet
  • RED: on hold

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, we're back on track now that I'm back from my holiday!

Our major focus for these 2 weeks is to get the FreeOnes VOD (video on demand) section up and running. This section will have premium movies and clips for rental and ownership purchase. To start with the content will be available for purchase via real money. However, in the future we plan on allowing users to purchase them with credits and to have them be part of future FreeOnes memberships.

At the same time we're still working on the upgrade of the admin. This is a beast of a project. Every 2 week period for the last few sprints we've been working on updating micro services, plugins, and restructuring the internals of the admin to function better with the upgrade. We're about 50% there. For example the major update for this period is getting away from the "link" content type.

When you think of "link" you're thinking of something you can click on (and this is the first thing every single person coming to work on FreeOnes thinks). However, programming wise a video is a link. A photo set is a link. An external link is a link (and this is why we call actual links 'external' links). So now we're ditching link and it will be photo, video, link, gif. Makes life a lot easier and allows us to really add some new functionality in the admin that will make my life and the life of my ever suffering admins better.

And lastly, there's the new reward type that will be coming out as well as getting the old credits into the new system. But I will talk more about this in the May credit update.

MAJOR Planned Updates/Fixes
  • Add a premium VOD section to FreeOnes
  • Upgrading admin (big project that will probably go to June)
    • Split up "link" types in admin (originally all content is a "link" internally even though in reality they're external links, photos, videos, gifs)
  • Add user comments to their internal account for easier management
  • Add all comments about a babe, photo, video, etc to their admin pages
  • Add user comment reward. This will allow users to receive credits for commenting on babes, photos, videos, etc.
  • Sync credits from the old site to the new site
Minor Planned Updates/Fixes
  • Add link to site in pay site review text
  • New babes not always showing on the what's new page
  • Fix missing icon next to 'my categories' in the collection section of the menu
  • Fix link between external links and babe avatars on the babe's admin page
  • Auto fill info on sponsors based on type of affiliate platform software its using
  • Content added to www.celebrityvip.com not getting scheduled and released
  • Fix video thumbnails for www.celebrityvip.com
  • Add new filters to cam section
Updates/Fixes in the Upcoming Weeks
  • Embedding pay site reviews in the corresponding channel
  • Try to get link votes (thumbs up/down) to appear faster than 5 minutes in all cases.
  • HTML Sitemap
  • Creating stopword database for comments
  • Babe suggestion improvements (suggesting alias, official site, social media, etc)
  • Getting a piece of content to not show on a user's "new content from favorite babes" more than 1x
  • Adding a WYSIWYG editor to a subject's "extra text" so we can have nice formatting, bullet points, etc

Last edited: